DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2014, 03:36 PM   #1
DisneyQueen1320
Mouseketeer

Using Points for Disneyland Hotel

I love Disney World, but I think my family needs a change. I'm thinking of taking my first trip to Disneyland. I love the Disneyland hotel the best, so I was wondering does it make sense to stay there on points?
We would go around the first week of Dec.
DisneyQueen1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:14 PM   #2
Cinderpamela
DIS Veteran

I think that you get more "bang for your point" by booking the DVC GCV's than the Disneyland Hotel.
For example the DLH points requirement for the time window you are looking at is:
Sun-Th 34-41 points pre night
Fri & Sat 43-51 points per night

You could do a one bedroom in the GCV for just about the same points as the "Disney Collection" points that you would be charged for the DLH standard studio hotel room.

A GCV studio is a whole lot less points:
20pts a night for Sun - Thursday
24 points a night for Fri & Sat
Plus you really cant beat the closeness of the GCV to the parks!

Staying at the DLH is great and if you have the points to splurge then do it, we stayed at the DLH for our very first family trip way back when.

But since then the VGC have now completely spoiled us with how close they are to the park. Plus we love the one bedroom with its 2 bathrooms!!

The GCV can be hard to get, so if thats the route you decide to go be sure to book right at 7 months.... or you might just have to stay at the DLH with points anyways.... which would not be bad at all!

2014-November-Disneyland VGC 2013-Christmas at Aulani2012-November-Grand Cali 2012-July-Aulani 2011-1st trip to WDW-Christmas at Wilderness Lodge! 2010-Christmas-time@DLR and CLUB 33!! 2009-Christmas-time @ DLR 2008-Birthday @DLR 2007-PPH @ DLR
2005-DLH 1st Family Trip to DLR 1991-Spring Break Disneyland 1973-First trip to Disneyland
Cinderpamela is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: