Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 02:53 PM   #1
ChattaDIS
Earning My Ears

Airline Club passess on Ebay?

Anyone ever buy them? I saw them for the American Airlines club for about $25.00 a pair and was considering buying them since I have a long layover.

Any experiences? It is pricey to get one through the Airline and I dont travel enough for a membership.
ChattaDIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:08 PM   #2
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChattaDIS
Anyone ever buy them? I saw them for the American Airlines club for about $25.00 a pair and was considering buying them since I have a long layover.

Any experiences? It is pricey to get one through the Airline and I dont travel enough for a membership.
Know nothing about buying them on eBay or what the rules are but I thought you could just go and buy a day pass to the lounge at the airport, for about the same price.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #3
Maleficent53
Have fun storming the castle...

A day pass is $50.00, according to the AA website. Don't see how it would be a problem buying a pass on eBay unless it has someone else's name on it.

1979-1983-1988-1989-1992-1993-1995-1996-1997-1998-1999-2000---and at least once every year since!
Maleficent53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:25 PM   #4
RockAndRollBallerina
Mouseketeer

The passes for sky lounges you see on ebay have been given to the seller for free by the airline as a result of making status with a particular airline due to copious amounts of flying they do. These are people making a profit off of something they never paid for to begin with. Don't do it!
RockAndRollBallerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #5
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

So if someone gets sOmething for free they don't have the right to sell it? And earning something thru points or air time or hotel stays isn't free in any way.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #6
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockAndRollBallerina View Post
The passes for sky lounges you see on ebay have been given to the seller for free by the airline as a result of making status with a particular airline due to copious amounts of flying they do. These are people making a profit off of something they never paid for to begin with. Don't do it!
It's not like they stole it! Unless it says on the pass it can not be sold, it is fine.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #7
scbelleatheart
DIS Veteran

We get the passes free each year and have no use for them because we buy a yearly club membership. We just randomly give them away but don't have a problem with someone selling them. Of course, if it is only one of us traveling we let a second person come in too, like a soldier or whoever. Mostly when a flight is delayed or cancelled and everyone is in the same boat of waiting.
scbelleatheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:20 AM   #8
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

AA's rules regarding day passes:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...Pass_terms.jsp

It does state that you have to present a printout confirmation of purchase (email or AA screen print). I don't know if this is actually enforced or not.

I don't see a problem with selling something you got for free.
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:53 PM   #9
bpesch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So what? What difference can it possibly make? I don't begrudge anyone making a profit and if I could get them for half price that makes both of us happy!
bpesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #10
FoundMyPrince
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockAndRollBallerina View Post
So you should not sell something you didn't pay for, but accumulated somehow? Seriously?
FoundMyPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:27 PM   #11
ChattaDIS
Earning My Ears

Got 2 passes for less than$25. We will see how it goes.
ChattaDIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:55 PM   #12
Dink37
Earning My Ears

We just picked up United Club passes off eBay last week and used them in Denver during a 3 hour layover. It was great to have a quiet place to sit and relax while waiting. And complimentary cocktails to boot! We paid $30 for 2 passes and it was worth every penny.
Dink37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: