Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 09:25 PM   #16
canadiandisneyfamof4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangirl
Hi. I saw Navigators from a recent Fantasy Western itinerary, and they'd stopped doing the Farewell Show in the Theatre on the last night and replaced it with Aladdin. Since we go next month, I'm wondering - was that also the case on your cruise? TIA.
Aladdin was held on the first formal night. We didn't go to the last show, but I believe it was a farewell show.
canadiandisneyfamof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:36 AM   #17
bbn1122
DIS Veteran

Thanks for your thoughtful insights on the Fantasy. We have been on 4 cruises, our first Carnival (with 23 family members) and 3 DCLs. We enjoyed the Carnival cruise, it introduced us to cruising and then we took the plunge into Disney cruising. I am afraid to try another line, but maybe.

We have sailed Magic and Dream. I really want to do sail the Fantasy, so I started ready everyone's trip reports.

The Dream was a short cruise, crowded and in the middle of a hurricane, so it was not the best. I hear the Fantasy has been tweaked for the better. I look forward to hopefully a Fantasy cruise in a couple of years.

If you have any photos, I would love to see them. Thanks again.
AKL - Aug 2011,
HHI - August 2012
OKW - August 2014
Vero Beach - August 2014
Magic - West Carib April 2010, 2 night NYC June 2012
Dream - 3 night - August 2011 3 Night Dream - August 2014
bbn1122 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 09:34 PM   #18
AshAlytwins
DIS Veteran

Location: 16 hr. Autotrain ride away from the MAGIC! Hollidaysburg, PA

The review of the auto train; better than driving, but doesn't compare to flying. The food was edible, up side is that dinner comes with free wine. There was a family movie on board and while the kids slept well DH and I had a hard time finding a way to get comfortable. We would do it again if having a car was a must, but I definitely prefer flying.[/QUOTE]

We love taking the Autotrain...just out of curiosity did you get a sleeper on your trip??
POP Century/MVMCP/Wonder 12/'05
AKL/Wonder/POP Century/MVMCP 11-12/'06
WDW/Sheraton Vistana Villages 6/7-6/15/'08
Disney Magic Ignagural NYC-Bahama Cruise 5/25/12-6/02/12
Disney Magic Final NYC-Canada Cruise 9/12-17/2012

AshAlytwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:11 AM   #19
acceber32
Mouseketeer

We were on this cruise too! We loved it, had so much fun! Can't wait to book another cruise on Disney. I'll be posting my own TR soon but it's great to read other reviews. I loved how empty the ship seemed, it wasn't crowded at all.
acceber32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:50 PM   #20
mstee777
Mouseketeer

Hi I'm new to this forum. Cruising the fantasy in December. This will be my second DCL cruise. What does MNSSHP stand for?
mstee777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:49 PM   #21
robhawk
DIS Veteran

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom
Welcome to the boards! Lots of great information here.
We are going on the Fantasy in February

Rob & Sue
Old 10-04-2012, 08:09 PM   #22
mstee777
Mouseketeer

Thanks Rob and Sue. I'm finding a lot of great information here already.
mstee777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:17 PM   #23
flyersfan1129
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiandisneyfamof4 View Post
WDW

For the first 3 days of our vacation we stayed at All Star Music in WDW. The purpose of these first 3 days was to relax and take some time before getting on the Fantasy. It was also a great way to extend our vacation.

Please no one flame me, but I'm not a big fan of the Value resorts. Overall the resort was clean, the pools were nice and the resort was not overly crowded. We would definitely stay again for a pre cruise stay, but for 7 nights at WDW we definitely prefer a moderate or deluxe resort.

On Thursday we drove to Cape Canaveral and had dinner at Fish Lips. We had the opportunity to watch the Dream pull out of port. Anyone staying on Cape Canaveral pre/post cruise - Fish lips has great Happy Hour drink and food specials from 3-6. We had 4 apps, 2 drinks and 2 kids meals for $30 and the food was really good.

Friday night we had tickets for MNSSHP. We were able to enter at 4pm with our tickets which is not advertised. Since the park was closing for the party at 7pm it had already started to clear out. We walked onto to pretty much every ride between 4-7pm.

The party was lots of fun. The kids (and grow ups) got lots of candy, the rides had minimal wait times. We enjoyed the special fireworks and parade.

The party was a great way to enjoys Magic Kingdom for about half the price of a 1 day ticket. This worked out great for us since we were not buying a multi day park ticket.

Embarkation

Saturday morning we drove from WDW to the Port.
We had pre booked with Park and Cruise. Parking for the week was under $60 and the drop off process took only a few minutes before we were off to the port.

This parking lot is very close to the port and also much closer than cruise parking of port Canaveral. They had multiple shuttles running and the process was very smooth.

We arrived at the port for 11am. There was no line to check in and check in was very quick and easy. The line up for a picture with Mickey was really big so we skipped that.

I did wait in line to check about a port upgrade. This line was slow moving and while upgrades were available they were not as discounted as I heard they could be. We were booked in a category 8B. We were interested in a category 4D which online was about $760 to upgrade, the cost at the port was $560 so we decided to stick with our original room.

We received boarding #5, we were called quickly and after our embarkation photo we were soon on board having lunch at Cabanas.

After lunch we immediately headed out to the pool and aqua duck which we enjoyed while the ship was still mostly empty.

My 4 year old son loved the Mickey Pool because he could touch the bottom in the entire pool.

Next up: Our cabin and review of the food
First, thanks for the great review, we are a little under 2 months away from our 1st cruise EVER and I am beside myself with anticipation.
Second, I totally agree with you on the Value Resorts...they are OK for a 1 or 2 night stay, but for an extended stay, we also prefer the Mods or Deluxes. We often arrive late, after 10 PM with a late flight, and will spend the 1st night at Pop and then head to Coronado or Wilderness Lodge.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:07 PM   #24
MarineFam
Remember, It all Started with a Mouse...

Thanks for the review. We are getting ready to go on the Fantasy 13 April Western sailing and can't wait! This will be our third DCL and first on the Fantasy. Last two were on the Magic, Eastern.

DVC Members AKV

August 1996 WDW Honeymoon (Shades of Green); November 2003 WDW; September 2005 WDW; May 2007 WDW; December 2007 DCL (Magic) Eastern; May 2009 WDW; April 2012 DCL (Magic) Eastern; April 2012 WDW; April 2013 WDW (Pop Century); April 2013 DCL (Fantasy)Western; April 2013 WDW (1st DVC trip! Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas); June 2013 WDW (AKL Kidani);April 2014 Pre-cruise (AKL Kidani) DCL (Magic) Bahamas; Post-cruise WDW Pop Century; June 2014 WDW wk-1(BWV) wk-2 (OKW); April 2015 DCL (Fantasy) Eastern
MarineFam is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: