Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
es45
DIS Veteran

Beach Club to POFQ?

We are visiting EPCOT during the F&W Festival. After touring the park a bit with the kids, we plan to drop them off at the Sandcastle Club for a few hours then pick them up and reenter the park right before Illuminations. Instead of going to the main entrance to catch the POFQ bus, is it possible for us to exit back through the Intl Gateway and then take a bus back to POFQ from the Beach Club? I'm trying to avoid that looong walk back to the main entrance but perhaps that is the only way?
Old 09-18-2012, 08:16 PM   #2
RMAMom
DIS Veteran

There are no busses that run from resort to resort. If you don't want to go back to the park to catch a bus you could hail a cab at the beach club. Let them know if you need a car seat, some of the cabs have them.

RMAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 06:35 AM   #3
Missytara
I'm all ears!

There is a perk to staying at POFQ.

You can go to any resort nearby and take the DTD bus. Then you take the water taxi back to POFQ. Since the water taxis run every ten minutes after 4 pm, I have never waited more than a few minutes for a water taxi.

I do it from POR all the time; I always end my day with dinner at a resort and then take the bus back to DTD. When you exit the bus hub, you can see the top of the volcano at RFC and the Marketplace dock is just beyond that point.

Enjoy. As long as it isn't too cold, it is a great way to end the evening.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:23 AM   #4
goodferry
DIS Veteran

If you are really determined not to walk back to the front of the park, I would take a cab from the BC. The bus stop isn't exactly close to the water taxi and the bus to DTD from the BC is notoriously awful (actually the bus to DTD from any resort is pretty bad)
Old 09-19-2012, 08:10 AM   #5
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodferry View Post
If you are really determined not to walk back to the front of the park, I would take a cab from the BC. The bus stop isn't exactly close to the water taxi and the bus to DTD from the BC is notoriously awful (actually the bus to DTD from any resort is pretty bad)
I have to offer a different opinion on that one.

I have taken three or four solo trips where I always end my evening at a resort and take the bus back from the resort to DTD plenty of times.

I don't remember ever waiting more than 15 minutes for a DTD bus to come along.

Once I get to DTD, it is a three or four minute walk to the dock and the water taxis run every ten minutes to/from POFQ and POR.

Now in the morning, when they dead-head buses is a different story, but in the evening, it is rather nice.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:04 AM   #6
es45
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the replies. I think we'll try the DTD bus from BC so that we can do a bit of shopping since we head home the next day. The stores we want to visit are between the bus stop and the boat launch so it sounds perfect.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:09 AM   #7
Sweettears
50 years of Disney and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
I have to offer a different opinion on that one.

I have taken three or four solo trips where I always end my evening at a resort and take the bus back from the resort to DTD plenty of times.

I don't remember ever waiting more than 15 minutes for a DTD bus to come along.

Once I get to DTD, it is a three or four minute walk to the dock and the water taxis run every ten minutes to/from POFQ and POR.

Now in the morning, when they dead-head buses is a different story, but in the evening, it is rather nice.
I would agree with this. The problem with DTD and buses isn't getting there. The problem is taking a bus from DTD back to a resort.
Sweettears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:04 PM   #8
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I stay at BCV all of the time as its my home resort and the Epcot resorts all share one bus to DTD with BC being the 4th stop. Prepare to stand on the bus. I don't think I've ever gotten a seat.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: