Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-21-2012, 02:57 AM   #1
Baby Pluto
Under the Sea
 
Baby Pluto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Wonderland
Posts: 145

Question about Disney Store online

First off I should say that I never make requests like these, but this is just a bit of wishful thinking I suppose.

Anyway, I have a $100 prepaid visa (like a gift card) that I've decided to spend online at the Disney store. I've finally sorted everything out (almost!) except that I am .62 cents over lol! Is it worth me even bothering to give Disney a call and ask if they'll knock off the .62c? I have doubts they would but I'm curious, because if I remove the cheapest item in my shopping cart I end up spending less than I would if they allowed me to pay a straight $100.

Thanks for any insight.
Baby Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:25 AM   #2
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyFansInLINY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,021

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Pluto View Post
First off I should say that I never make requests like these, but this is just a bit of wishful thinking I suppose.

Anyway, I have a $100 prepaid visa (like a gift card) that I've decided to spend online at the Disney store. I've finally sorted everything out (almost!) except that I am .62 cents over lol! Is it worth me even bothering to give Disney a call and ask if they'll knock off the .62c? I have doubts they would but I'm curious, because if I remove the cheapest item in my shopping cart I end up spending less than I would if they allowed me to pay a straight $100.

Thanks for any insight.
Have you tried using a coupon code? Try using DMRSEPT for $15 off $100
DisneyFansInLINY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-21-2012, 08:16 AM   #3
granmanh603
DIS Veteran
 
granmanh603's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 2,075

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFansInLINY View Post
Have you tried using a coupon code? Try using DMRSEPT for $15 off $100
I just saw DRVCSCAR sometimes works $15 off $50
__________________


granmanh603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:01 AM   #4
Dizisfun
Mouseketeer
 
Dizisfun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 427

Use the PROMO CODE: FREESHIPPING for orders over $75

If you call they may give you a coupon code to use to get your total under $100
__________________

Last edited by Dizisfun; 09-21-2012 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Added
Dizisfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:07 AM   #5
blue gatorade
Earning My Ears
 
blue gatorade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 74

can't you apply a 2nd form of payment? it's doubtful that they'll give you anything for free, even it it's "only" 62 cents.
blue gatorade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:23 PM   #6
Baby Pluto
Under the Sea
 
Baby Pluto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Wonderland
Posts: 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizisfun View Post
Use the PROMO CODE: FREESHIPPING for orders over $75

If you call they may give you a coupon code to use to get your total under $100
Maybe I will give them a call then, as I've already applied the "freeshipping" promo.
Baby Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:24 PM   #7
Baby Pluto
Under the Sea
 
Baby Pluto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Wonderland
Posts: 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue gatorade View Post
can't you apply a 2nd form of payment? it's doubtful that they'll give you anything for free, even it it's "only" 62 cents.
That's what I was trying to figure out but I don't think they allow split payments. Would be nice if they did.
Baby Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:25 PM   #8
Baby Pluto
Under the Sea
 
Baby Pluto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Wonderland
Posts: 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFansInLINY View Post
Have you tried using a coupon code? Try using DMRSEPT for $15 off $100
Quote:
Originally Posted by granmanh603 View Post
I just saw DRVCSCAR sometimes works $15 off $50
I haven't tried either of these, thank you!
I will see if they work, fingers crossed!
Baby Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:33 PM   #9
Baby Pluto
Under the Sea
 
Baby Pluto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Wonderland
Posts: 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFansInLINY View Post
Have you tried using a coupon code? Try using DMRSEPT for $15 off $100
OH MY GOODNESS!
Thank you thank you thank you!


The code here worked!
Thanks so much for sharing this with me, it's immensely appreciated!
Baby Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:40 PM   #10
ceecee
DIS Veteran
 
ceecee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 10,231

I got a lot of $10 gift cards with the purchase of a $100 at Sam's and I use them and pay the difference with my VISA all the time.
__________________
ceecee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:12 AM   #11
tiggger1
I put vicks on my feet
It really cleans my floors and makes them softer!
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Southestern Massachusetts
Posts: 4,780

You shouud be able to split payment.
__________________
Danielle DH :: Emma (9) (5)Chase
tiggger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:37 PM   #12
Baby Pluto
Under the Sea
 
Baby Pluto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Wonderland
Posts: 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggger1 View Post
You shouud be able to split payment.
I have already made my purchase (many thanks to DisneyFansInLINY), but do you mind sharing how you've done split payment in the past?
I didn't see an option for it.
Baby Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.