Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 09:31 AM   #31
Azza1987
Mouseketeer

Thanks again guys for your replies and advice! As I'm paying for both of us, I really want to make the right choice, and ensure OH is catered for! (TBH as long as theres a pool, good food and beer he'll be fine )

I keep looking on the WDW website which seems to be the only place I can book a disney resort without flights! I've booked our flights seperately due to NYC for 4 days first.

There 'Free Dining' offer is avaliable until 15th of November. But I dont know what happens after that? Would a room discount open up?

I dont know whether to just book and get FD or hold off and see if another discount comes up? FD is such a good offer, and would really suit OH but It wouldnt really fit in with me. Im happy with a yoghurt for breakfast and packet of crisps for lunch, but I do always have a big dinner. So the deluxe dining whilst perfect for OH isn't for me, but the standard plan suits me but wouldn't be enough for OH and we would end up paying OOP (alot!).

I've done some number crunching and here's where Im at currently;

Deluxe Dining package suits OH but not me, we therefore would only have to budget tips, and will still have credits left over!;

All with Ultimate park tickets, Deluxe dining, For both of us, for 7 nights;

CBR - £2431 (Standard view)
OKW - £1931.30 (Studio)
SSR - £1913.30 (Studio)
AKL - £2370.20 (Standard room)
CSR - £2298.31 (Standard King)
POFQ - £2291 (Grden view)

So there's a big difference between them all. The main difference is the Mods only offer Quick Service Dining Plans, however to upgrade to Deluxe charges the full 'base' amount!.

However all with just normal dining (Suits me perfect, but I would expect to have to budget another meal for OH per day (£15 x 7 =£105), another snack (£3 x 7 = £21) plus all tips another £100? = £250

CBR - £1631 + £250 = £1881(standard view)
OKW - £1581 + £250 = £1831 (Studio)
SSR - £1581 + £250 = £1831 (Studio)
AKL - £2020 + £250 = £2270(Standard room)
CSR - £1598 + £250 = £1848(standard, King)
POFQ - £1591 + £250 = £1841 (Grden view)

So all with standard dining and approximate extra food cost for OH, (apart from AKL) pretty much come out the same!

Where as for £100 extra I could book OWK or SSR with the deluxe dining for both of us, so we could probably do signiture dining every night? Big breakfast, snacks for lunch and then lovely meal in the evening?

So I am now totally stuck!
Old 09-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #32
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Location: Currently working for the Mouse in Beijing, China with Disney English.

Seeing as the prices are almost the same I would deifinitely choose AKL with deluxe dining only because it is very nice to have the freedom to do whatever you want when you want - not to worry about meals at all is a very nice thing.

Plus at AKL you could have breakfast everyday at Boma - which is a very nice buffet - you could have yogurt and your OH could chow down - both happy campers. There is also Jiko for an option at night which is a great signature restaurant as well as Boma - 1 credit. I also really like Sanaa at Kidani Village which is sort of "indian" inspired - plus you can get Bento box lunches at the pool bar at Kidani - like tandoori chicken and such - which would be 2 credits (like room service). (When you stay at AKL Jambo House - you are free to use the pool at Kidani as well.) You can order room service with the dining plan - I think it is 2 credits again per meal - so you could have some meals in your room if you wanted and not worry about it at all - you would have plenty of credits.

So you might have some credits left or let you OH use them all on extra meals - either way you have the freedom of not having to think about it which is a nice advantage.
Jill * 1984 DL * 1986 WDW * 1994 Euro Disney * 1996 WDW * 2009 WDW POR * March 2010 DLRP Santa Fe * June 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * November 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * February 2011 DLRP Dream Castle * May 2011 WDW Sheraton Vistana / Hilton Bonnet Creek * September 2011 WDW Night of Joy Hilton DTD * March 2012 WDW Pop * April 2012 WDW AKL * May 2012 WDW SSR * August 2014 HKDL Disneyland Hotel * December 2014 HKDL Hollywood Hotel * February 2015 DLRP Newport Bay Club *
New Trip Report Hong Kong Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3323118

ExpatDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 03:15 PM   #33
Azza1987
Mouseketeer

AKL definitely seems the best choice based on numbers for what you get! I would mind the trip to MK or Epcot either!

But I still cant make a decision! Ahhh!

It's definitely SSR with a hire car, AKL as it is or POFQ river view! Maybe I just being man up book one and then plan my 2014 trip for one of the others!
Old 10-02-2012, 05:42 PM   #34
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

wait is it deluxe or standard dining? If it's the free dining that comes with the Deluxe resort in the UK that's the regular dining plan (1 snack, 1 counter service, 1 table service)

I'd still go with AKL with regular dining and if you have to pay a little OOP for your boyfriend that cost should be pretty minimal. If you do a table service a day or a signature every other day or so you won't have any credits left over
Old 10-02-2012, 08:06 PM   #35
DeanDoug
Mouseketeer

Welcome!
My wife and I have stayed at all of your selections over the years for a variety of reasons and all are enjoyable. IMO, the Coronado is fine, but not compared to your other choices.
POFQ and RS are fun, and you get to ride the boat to Downtown Disney. SSR is lovely, and a quick stroll to Downtown in the evening. The accommodations there are beautiful.

AKL (wait, was that one of your choices?) is our favorite, and one of the most special on property.

We stayed at OKW last year, and liked it, however we were far from the restaurant, so it depends on where you are located.

If you want theming, I would say AKL (also fabulous pools, restaurant choices, and lounge) or PORS or FQ. Remember, wherever you stay, you are a only a busride to somewhere else!

We never rent a car.

Cheers!
Old 10-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #36
Azza1987
Mouseketeer

I think AKL is definitey the winner here!

A Savannah view is not within budget, but a standard room would suffice, just to be on the property would be great. With the standard dining, and then I'd just look to pay OOP for OH extra food

I dont want to rent a car either, I do not fancy driving on the other side of the road I can just about cope with the UK side! :D
Old 10-04-2012, 02:18 PM   #37
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

Didnt read it all but AKL would be great-but did u check WL or VWL? Very nice and sometimes quite reasonable.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:24 PM   #38
Kae
DIS Veteran

I would choice AKL then SSR then POFQ. Seven day first trip you will need some down time & akl is so awesome. You can not make a bad choice here. and May is just beautiful at WDW. If I could get them to move the F & W Fest to May I would never have a tough choice on when to go!

Kae
Oct 1999-POFQ May 1996-AS Music May 1994-Travel Lodge DTD Dec 1971-Contemporary
DisneyLand-March 2006
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: