Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 04:29 PM   #16
Lorinda
Mouseketeer

Can someone tell me what Oct 21 - 25th is showing ?

Last trip ... 6/2/2012 thru 6/6/2012

recent trip : Last week of April 2011

Me,hubby, 3 daughters, 1 son, 2 son in laws, 6 grand children ! 2,3,6,10,11,11 14 total !
Lorinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:26 PM   #17
WA Kay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorinda View Post
Can someone tell me what Oct 21 - 25th is showing ?
21st = 9
22nd = 2
23rd = 2
24th = 3
25th = 2
WA Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2012, 05:52 PM   #18
Here4mydisneyfix
Andrew Sutton, you genious man, you! She will remember the Rose forever...

My two cents: I just bought TP on a whim the other day because I got the discount on the purchase price from happening to have just borrowed the Unofficial 2012 Disneyland Guide from the Library...the TP deal for a whole year cost me a whopping $4.87. I figured, why not? Might be fun! Well, after reviewing info on there, I have to conquer, as other here have stated, that TP's info indeed needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

I was at Disneyland twice very recently. 6 months and 5 months ago and both times were VERY different as far as crowds went! On my solo trip 6 months ago, everything for the week was literally walk on! No waits for anything, I would certainly have called that a crowd level 1.

5 months ago, my trip with my family, happened to coincide with cinco de mayo and crowds were moderate to pretty horrendous at some points, with hour long waits on a lot of rides. I would say this trip was a 5 all the way up to an 9 during peak times.

Now, Looking back at my dates on TP shows that they predicted crowds to be exactly the same for both times, and they even said that the "actual" observed crowds ended up being the same. I was THERE and witnessed them my very own self! There was nothing remotely the same about these weeks!

So yes, who really knows if TP is useful for anything at all? As I look at my dates coming up next week even, I can see that they keep changing their prediction! It was a 5 and now an 8! What the heck?! I can also throw out all predictions I want, but it doesn't actually mean anything. Although it's kinda fun to "roll with the guesses" with TP during the trip planning stages, I don't really think it's worth forking over money for this service that could be used elsewhere, no matter how little. JMO.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:53 PM   #19
Mary09
Mouseketeer

I wonder if isitpacked.com has any better predictions. They only have a few levels, 3 or 4, I think.

You'd think Disney would offer some of this info. They must know it for staffing purposes. I think crowds would often self-level if people knew. Or maybe people would just stay home if they saw all those high-occ. days.
Mary09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:56 PM   #20
Here4mydisneyfix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary09 View Post
I wonder if isitpacked.com has any better predictions. They only have a few levels, 3 or 4, I think.

You'd think Disney would offer some of this info. They must know it for staffing purposes. I think crowds would often self-level if people knew. Or maybe people would just stay home if they saw all those high-occ. days.
Oh, Isitpacked is terrible too, btw. We tried that last time (5 months ago) and they said it would be a "ghost Town" all week...holy mother, it was horrendous! They don't really seem to have their stuff straight yet, and my guess is that their predictions are even more inaccurate with Carsland open now. Sorry. Sucks, I know.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:08 PM   #21
Mary09
Mouseketeer

Thanks, good to know. It's probably almost fruitless to try to predict, outside the obvious factors (school in or out, etc.) When Disney expects lower crowds they have shorter hours, fewer CMs, fewer boats in POTC, fewer shows and more things in refurb, so fewer guests feels like more anyway.
Mary09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:14 PM   #22
Lorinda
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WA Kay View Post
21st = 9
22nd = 2
23rd = 2
24th = 3
25th = 2
Thank you very much! We will probably arrive at the park around 5 pm Sunday the main goal being to catch Fantasmic. I am considering the late show. I am crossing my fingers the crowds will thin out as some will hopefully be leaving that afternoon/ eve to work the next day... I can hope .

Last trip ... 6/2/2012 thru 6/6/2012

recent trip : Last week of April 2011

Me,hubby, 3 daughters, 1 son, 2 son in laws, 6 grand children ! 2,3,6,10,11,11 14 total !
Lorinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:48 PM   #23
Here4mydisneyfix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary09
Thanks, good to know. It's probably almost fruitless to try to predict, outside the obvious factors (school in or out, etc.) When Disney expects lower crowds they have shorter hours, fewer CMs, fewer boats in POTC, fewer shows and more things in refurb, so fewer guests feels like more anyway.
It's true. A lot of disboards folks seem to feel there really is no off season anymore. Man it sure is beautiful when you do luck out upon a "walk on" time of the year though! I really wish they were easier to predict! Disney gold!! :D
Old 09-22-2012, 07:48 PM   #24
Lightshield
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch35
They changed nov 2-6 too. I thought they were off with the parade taping that weekend. It went from 3, 5, 5, 1, 1 to 5, 7, 7, 4, 6. Still not sure they are correct about Monday and Tuesday being so busy.
That's the same we'll be there. Thanks for sharing, even if the news bums me out!
Lightshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:19 PM   #25
Califgirl

VMK MVP
I heart my DIS VMK friends
Looked for Stitch, but found Huck Springs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theworldneedscolor View Post
The crowds for my dates increased as well. Sat October 13 is going to be a ten I am really really disappointed, to be honest
Oh, My. Goodness! Saturday Oct. 13th a 10? I'll be there Sunday the 14th - Tuesday the 16th. Sundays are almost always busier than Saturdays these days. Do you have any predictions for my dates?
Old 09-22-2012, 08:20 PM   #26
Satchmo128
I could ride Expedition Everest over and over and over and over and...........

We will be staying at DH Oct 20-23. Haven't been to DL/DCA in 5 years. Guess we will just have higher crowds than normal with UEA there that weekend! At least we already have Blue Bayou reservations and WoC lunch dining reservation at Carthay Circle.

Honestly, a day in Disney is do much better than on at home....crowds and all!

Trips to Cali Parks: 1999 (April), 2003 (March), 2005 (August), 2007 (September), 2010 (January), 2012 (October), 2014 (July)
Trips to WDW Parks: Our Honeymoon - 2009 (February), 2010 (September), 2011 (November), 2012 (December), 2013 (November), planning December 2014!!
Satchmo128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:40 PM   #27
Eeee-va
Happiest robot on Earth

Everyone's experience at the parks will vary...even on the same day, some people might say the park wasn't so bad while others might say it was crowded.

That said, TouringPlans seems to be wrong as often as they're right when it comes to Disneyland. I'm sorry they adjusted so many predictions well after people may have booked based on said predictions, but their new predictions may not be any better than their old ones.
Eeee-va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:48 PM   #28
Stitch35
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Califgirl

Oh, My. Goodness! Saturday Oct. 13th a 10? I'll be there Sunday the 14th - Tuesday the 16th. Sundays are almost always busier than Saturdays these days. Do you have any predictions for my dates?
The 14-16 is predicted at 6, 2, 2 with the majority of the crowds in CA.
Stitch35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:22 AM   #29
mt mommy
Mouseketeer

We just got home last night. We were in the parks Wed-Thurs. (Sept. 19-21). Wednesday and Thursday were fine, FRIDAY WAS INSANE. One CM told us at noon the they had about 22,000 people then by 7pm they had 35,000 people. I think ALL of them had a stroller and were at Fantasmic!! It was insane. Some of the locals mentioned to us that it seemed as crowded as it did for the 50th Anniversary Celebration. It was crazy!!

It was still fun, of course. Seeing Carsland is AMAZING!!! I think the crowds for the next year will be more crowded than usual!
mt mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:12 PM   #30
jsebsirois
DIS Veteran

Reading this thread reminds me of two things :

1) Can you really tell what crowds will be like when they can't even tell you what the weather will be like the next day?

2) Remember you're on a vacation and go with the flow : big crowds, then try taking it easy, enjoying the details.

I don't want to sound rude by saying this. It's just that I used to freak out with crowd predictions and big crowds in the Parks. Now, I try to skip that and enjoy the moment!

WDW : October/November 2013 (MNSSHP and MVMCP) March 2013, October 2011 (MNSSHP), November 2010 (MVMCP), October 2008, October 2006 (MNSSHP) and July 2005 DLR : October 2012 (MHP), July 2010 and September 2009
jsebsirois is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: