Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-22-2012, 12:09 PM   #16
Hrhpd
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,317

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art 1 View Post
I am sorry for your loss. I have dealt with that company for many years and have quite a few phones with them for my business. I have always felt them fair and always polite with customer service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofinoff View Post
So sorry for your loss and what you are going through.

I've heard nothing but horrible things about Sprint. My friend had a similar experience with them when her Dad died. At first they wouldn't let her do anything with his account because she wasn't an authorized user on his account. It took her 3 of 4 months before they would even cancel his service. They then harrassed her so bad about the bill. She explained to them that he had passed suddenly and that they were struggling to pay funeral expenses etc. If I remember correctly the customer service rep actually said to her "It's not my problem that your father wasn't smart enough to have life insurance!" She tried to go to the top but couldn't get very far.

Good luck to you with this and again I'm so sorry you have to go through this during such a difficult time.
Sprint has won many customer service awards, and not just for cell phone companies. They have won customer service awards against all companies. We have been with them for over 15 years and have always had exemplary customer service. Overall, their customer service is outstanding, however, there are always the glitches and bad employees that some people have the misfortune to encounter. That is terrible what your friend ran into.

OP, I am so sorry for your loss. Also so sorry that you seem to have run into some bad customer service agents. I hope you get your problem resolved quickly. You are in our thoughts and prayers
Hrhpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #17
LBKB
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 606

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrhpd View Post


Sprint has won many customer service awards, and not just for cell phone companies. They have won customer service awards against all companies. We have been with them for over 15 years and have always had exemplary customer service. Overall, their customer service is outstanding, however, there are always the glitches and bad employees that some people have the misfortune to encounter. That is terrible what your friend ran into.

OP, I am so sorry for your loss. Also so sorry that you seem to have run into some bad customer service agents. I hope you get your problem resolved quickly. You are in our thoughts and prayers

Sorry I have also been with nextel since they started here by us but 15-17 years but I have to DISAGREE with you sprint nextel has lost a lifetime customer over this move and I will shout it from the mountian tops how HORRIBLE they are sprint /nextel IS THE WORST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LBKB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-22-2012, 02:15 PM   #18
cm8
Half of the time we're rushing around to get things done last minute or we realize we're running behind so we need to catch up
 
cm8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: DI, SC
Posts: 5,955

I am so sorry for your loss
__________________
"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up."


"I have placed the Lord ever before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8



cm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:28 PM   #19
jlewisinsyr
DIS Veteran
 
jlewisinsyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 6,534

I can only imagine what it feels like to lose the only voice recording you had of him and I think this is a tough situation for Sprint and probably more on your end to get what you want accomplished done (restoration of the line and voicemail).

I don't know if they keep back-up copies of voicemail recordings, but if they do, it's just a matter of getting to the right person who understands what you need. If they don't, as hard as it may be, you may have to understand there is never going to be a solution. Accidents happen, as you know all too well, no one meant for you to lose the line, it just happened.

I don't think this is lawsuit worthy as another poster mentioned, but a well tailored letter to the CEO, Chief Marketing Officer, etc. may be well deserved to explain what it meant to you to have his voice available and what it felt like to lose that forever.
__________________
: (34) : (36)
jlewisinsyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:47 PM   #20
Coconut36
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,095

I'm very sorry for your loss

I imagine there is little they can do if it is gone..they might keep back ups somewhere but it's possible they don't keep back ups of that type of thing (privacy reasons).

While I can understand your upset and grief I do not see this as something worthy of a lawsuit. Sprint/Nextel made an error but did not commit a malicious act against you..they have absolutely no way of knowing the circumstances or know how important the message was to you.

It's possible you ended up with a bad or lazy customer service agent and you can certainly try again to see if you can be connected to someone who might really be able to help you or give you definite answers about the possibility of restoring the voicemail.
Coconut36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:36 AM   #21
LBKB
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 606

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlewisinsyr View Post
I can only imagine what it feels like to lose the only voice recording you had of him and I think this is a tough situation for Sprint and probably more on your end to get what you want accomplished done (restoration of the line and voicemail).

I don't know if they keep back-up copies of voicemail recordings, but if they do, it's just a matter of getting to the right person who understands what you need. If they don't, as hard as it may be, you may have to understand there is never going to be a solution. Accidents happen, as you know all too well, no one meant for you to lose the line, it just happened.

I don't think this is lawsuit worthy as another poster mentioned, but a well tailored letter to the CEO, Chief Marketing Officer, etc. may be well deserved to explain what it meant to you to have his voice available and what it felt like to lose that forever.
A letter to ceo and It's my new mission to spread the word how AWEFUL sprint is and cold hearted. Yes I understand accidents happen you dont need to remind me I LIVE with that thought daily thanks for the lovely reminder so thoughtful. Also You have no more proof that "no one meant for you to lose the line, it just happened" than I have proof they meant for this to happen!!!!!!!!!
LBKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:46 AM   #22
LBKB
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 606

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut36 View Post
I'm very sorry for your loss

I imagine there is little they can do if it is gone..they might keep back ups somewhere but it's possible they don't keep back ups of that type of thing (privacy reasons).

While I can understand your upset and grief I do not see this as something worthy of a lawsuit. Sprint/Nextel made an error but did not commit a malicious act against you..they have absolutely no way of knowing the circumstances or know how important the message was to you.

It's possible you ended up with a bad or lazy customer service agent and you can certainly try again to see if you can be connected to someone who might really be able to help you or give you definite answers about the possibility of restoring the voicemail.
Just a reminder sprint DID know what happened with my son as they fixed the damage phone from accident the 2 weeks later turned it off. Also local store people totally understand my side and also said they cant believe this and are embarressed of the way corporate is handling this....


Just LOVE all the love and support here once again wow. Thanks for the few who do have nice and positive things to say My son doesnt have to deal with all the unthoughtful and unkind people any more.
LBKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:09 AM   #23
sunshinehighway
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,145

I am sorry for your loss.

The situation with Sprint is unfortunate. Since it seems the message is gone, what do you want Sprint to do about it? You have to figure out what exactly you want from them to be satisfied.
sunshinehighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:19 AM   #24
LBKB
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 606

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinehighway View Post
I am sorry for your loss.

The situation with Sprint is unfortunate. Since it seems the message is gone, what do you want Sprint to do about it? You have to figure out what exactly you want from them to be satisfied.

WOW I hope none of you have to deal with what sprint is doing to us!!!!!!!!
I Already know "I have to figure out what exactly we want from them to be satisfied" They said they will do NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this right of sprint is my ? We dont think so they have admitted being the reason they messed up for loosing it and was their wrong doing but will do NOTHING because of it. So not right.... They make us follow through on contracts but due to their stupid people they loose things but they dont have to be held accountable WRONG !!!!

Put yourself in our shoes just for a minute and TRY to understand maybe then you'll understand half of what were feeling. I hope none of you have to go through this cause its HELL on earth.
LBKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:28 AM   #25
mdsoccermom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,571

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBKB View Post
WOW I hope none of you have to deal with what sprint is doing to us!!!!!!!!
I Already know "I have to figure out what exactly we want from them to be satisfied" They said they will do NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this right of sprint is my ? We dont think so they have admitted being the reason they messed up for loosing it and was their wrong doing but will do NOTHING because of it. So not right.... They make us follow through on contracts but due to their stupid people they loose things but they dont have to be held accountable WRONG !!!!

Put yourself in our shoes just for a minute and TRY to understand maybe then you'll understand half of what were feeling. I hope none of you have to go through this cause its HELL on earth.
But what exactly do you want them to DO? You say you want them to be held accountable, but how? They admitted they were wrong, so what further action do you want them to take?
mdsoccermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:30 AM   #26
sunshinehighway
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,145

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBKB View Post
WOW I hope none of you have to deal with what sprint is doing to us!!!!!!!!
I Already know "I have to figure out what exactly we want from them to be satisfied" They said they will do NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this right of sprint is my ? We dont think so they have admitted being the reason they messed up for loosing it and was their wrong doing but will do NOTHING because of it. So not right.... They make us follow through on contracts but due to their stupid people they loose things but they dont have to be held accountable WRONG !!!!

Put yourself in our shoes just for a minute and TRY to understand maybe then you'll understand half of what were feeling. I hope none of you have to go through this cause its HELL on earth.
If that's the attitude you have when dealing with the people at Sprint, I can see why you are getting nowhere with them.

I wasn't mean or snarky towards you. I offered advice. They can't get the message back for you, so what can they do to make you satisfied? If the answer is nothing, then you are wasting both your time and theirs.
sunshinehighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:34 PM   #27
LBKB
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 606

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinehighway View Post
If that's the attitude you have when dealing with the people at Sprint, I can see why you are getting nowhere with them.

I wasn't mean or snarky towards you. I offered advice. They can't get the message back for you, so what can they do to make you satisfied? If the answer is nothing, then you are wasting both your time and theirs.

Ive told them wht to do that would satisfy me but they said they wont do ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!
LBKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:53 PM   #28
jlewisinsyr
DIS Veteran
 
jlewisinsyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 6,534

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBKB View Post
Ive told them wht to do that would satisfy me but they said they wont do ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!
And that is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBKB
A letter to ceo and It's my new mission to spread the word how AWEFUL sprint is and cold hearted. Yes I understand accidents happen you dont need to remind me I LIVE with that thought daily thanks for the lovely reminder so thoughtful. Also You have no more proof that "no one meant for you to lose the line, it just happened" than I have proof they meant for this to happen!!!!!!!!!
So you think they would intentionally delete a line, intentionally delete a voicemail message just to spite you or cause you grief? I don't mean to be a jerk, but I think overall, you are emotional, and rightfully so, but I think you also are overreacting with a no win solution.

You are not the only one to ever had something tragic in their lives happen and lose something so meaningful to you that reminded you of the joy before the tragic accident. However, remember, nothing can take away your love and your memories.

Maybe this would be a good time for you to step away from posting, take a deep breath and understand that no one has been unthoughtful or unkind in this thread. You are also assuming that no one could ever have gone through something similar and could have some good advice on how to cope or at least put it in perspective.
__________________
: (34) : (36)

Last edited by jlewisinsyr; 09-23-2012 at 01:01 PM.
jlewisinsyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:03 PM   #29
WishingOnAStar
Dreaming of being back in Disney
I am the "Cool Snack Mom"
 
WishingOnAStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bel Air, MD
Posts: 728

I am so sorry for your loss. What a horrible thing for you to have to endure after the loss of your son.

You may want to ask some of his friends if they have any video of him. Kids these days seem to video everything with their smart phones. You might get lucky.
__________________
7/13/08-7/18/08 - WL Grand Gathering
9/24/04-10/03/04 - POR **Our most magical vacation EVER**
prior to 1986- 15+ visits
WishingOnAStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:04 PM   #30
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012
 
kaytieeldr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!
Posts: 35,842

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBKB View Post
Ive told them wht to do that would satisfy me but they said they wont do ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!
Based on what you've written, it seems you want them to either get the recording back for you, or allow you to break the contract. Chances are, the outgoing voice-mail message can't be retrieved, so you need to focus on breaking the contact.

Everybody in this thread has been empathetic, and where questions are asked, it's to clarify; with specific information people can give specific advice.

Google Sprint Executive customer service. Work with them.

Nobody you're talking to, here or at Sprint, made the changes to your son's account. Talk, don't yell. And don't threaten. If you don't feel you can remain calm, let someone else work with Sprint on your behalf.

I understand you're in a lot of pain right now, but with all due respect - it's not Sprint's responsibility that you don't have any recordings of your son.
__________________
OFFICIAL 2014 Reading Challenge Participant 32/52
Phone Monkey; Phone Monkey 2; Phone Monkey Declined; The Barkeep; Ultimate Guide to Soapmaking; Brief Anecdotes from an Amusing Life; Twisted Disney; Tony Partly Cloudy; The Alternative Guide to Nursery Rhymes; Dead Woman's Shoes; South of Normal; Wal-Mart Book of Ethics; Las Vegas Cab Life; Savvy Travelers Guide: Boston Red Sox; Professor Plausible's Big Book of Baloney; Sweet Masterpiece; The President's Brain is Missing; Why Your Flight Attendant Hates You; Dirty Numbers; My Life on Craigslist; Retail Memories: When Customer Attack; The Village Idiots Cruise Club; How to Find Your Soulmate on the Internet - NOT!; The Dining Doctor; Cars & Stars; Tales in the Sky; Reader's Digest The Dumb Book; An Amazon Verified Purchase; Adventures in Casino Security; Waiter Rant; Keep the Change; Fairy Tales from the I.R.S.; now (still) reading "Hot Doug's", along with 'Match Dot C'mon', 'Cliches: A Dictionary of Recieved Ideas', 'The Chase', and 'Real Happy Family'
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.