Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #1
muffyn
"hmmm*

Dr. Who question

I noticed a lot of you listed DR. who on "what you watched on tv last".
so thought some of you might have a couple answers for me.

1) why does Dr. who get all upset when he is going to regenerate, he says he doesn't want to "leave" & goes through this whole goodbye process . BUT he is still the same inside, he always remembers what he has always done in the past....... I don't get it.

2) watching reruns, I am reminded that they CUT the heck out of the original program, so many important scenes are left out (like Rose on the beach with the 2 doctors)
do you know of uncut showings? & will the upcoming season be shortened versions ? I remember that it used to be shown on 2 diffferent channels, & one was uncut.

3) Doctor River song,(love her storyline). (& confusing).
sooo in the 1st time we met her.. in the library, she actually died...correct? but was saved in the computer before that. ..correct?
possibly , maybe later could she be brought back?

the whole her backward him forward thing has me all confused , as I thought I had it figured out, but in another recent rerun, I noticed she kissed him in the prison & he replied something about that being a 1st, & she was all upset HE will not remember her.....next.. but is everything out of sync? shouldn't he remember her at the end.. he didn't remember her in the library,, but I guess with him popping up all over the place in time, it could be messed up.....
but I thought it pretty much was heading forward time wise with Amy.

4) your fav episode?
watching the recent run of shows I think my top has to be where david Tennent was at a school with Mickey & Rose where the teachers were flying bat-aliens, & Sarah Jane Smith shows up.. OMG what a teary episode..

umm close nexts, are the girl in the fireplace & the one where Rose is left with the 2nd Doctor.

OH & when the Tardis came alive.....
muffyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #2
I Am What I Am
Pie builds amazing friendships

Gryffindor Girl
Meet Me In The Sandbox
Imagineering!

Location: Currently in the Hufflepuff Common Room, skipping Potions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffyn View Post

1) why does Dr. who get all upset when he is going to regenerate, he says he doesn't want to "leave" & goes through this whole goodbye process . BUT he is still the same inside, he always remembers what he has always done in the past....... I don't get it.

2) watching reruns, I am reminded that they CUT the heck out of the original program, so many important scenes are left out (like Rose on the beach with the 2 doctors)
do you know of uncut showings? & will the upcoming season be shortened versions ? I remember that it used to be shown on 2 diffferent channels, & one was uncut.

sooo in the 1st time we met her.. in the library, she actually died...correct? but was saved in the computer before that. ..correct?

the whole her backward him forward thing has me all confused , as I thought I had it figured out, but in another recent rerun, I noticed she kissed him in the prison & he replied something about that being a 1st, & she was all upset HE will not remember her.....next.. but is everything out of sync? shouldn't he remember her at the end.. he didn't remember her in the library,, but I guess with him popping up all over the place in time, it could be messed up.....

4) your fav episode?
watching the recent run of shows I think my top has to be where david Tennent was at a school with Mickey & Rose where the teachers were flying bat-aliens, & Sarah Jane Smith shows up.. OMG what a teary episode..

umm close nexts, are the girl in the fireplace & the one where Rose is left with the 2nd Doctor.

OH & when the Tardis came alive.....
1. The Doctor gets upset because while he retains the same memories, he has a different personality. He is basically a different person.

2. DVD and Netflix have all the uncut versions.

3. Yep, that's correct. The Doctor and River are travelling in opposite timelines. If something (such as the kiss) is the first time for The Doctor, it means that it's the last time for River.

4. My favorite episode is The Big Bang

ϟ "Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry. But why on earth should that mean it isn't real?" ϟ

I Am What I Am is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2012, 07:37 PM   #3
pat fan
I'm leaving now so I don't have to witness what comes next

Quote:
I think because he is physically different. When the Dr. became David Tennant, he ran his tongue around in his mouth and said "Oh well that's different". Just imagine waking up in a new body. I also imagine that it is painful.

Quote:
Buy the DVD's.

Quote:
Right, she died. Will she be brought back? I doubt it, they could go on this way forever, popping in and out of time lines.

Quote:
4) your fav episode?
Dr. and Rose on the beach. "I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye". makes me cry every time!

Rory as Centurian waiting for Amy through the ages.

I'm sure there's more, but those are the tops.

"Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be."
-- John Wayne
pat fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:41 PM   #4
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

The other questions were answered bit I wanted to add that my Top 3 episodes are...
1. Blink
2. Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead
3. The Girl in the Fireplace
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:03 PM   #5
Sorsha
People, don't be like the chickens

Completely Off Topic , but...

Where is the "What did you watch last on TV" thread of which you speak? I looked for it but couldn't find it.

Upcoming California and Disneyland Pre-Trip!
"My kids' through the years at Disney parks" video!
Sorsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #6
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

I love blink! I also love daleks in manhattan.... Not for the story, the story is horrible, but because of Andrew Garfield!
Old 08-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #7
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

New episodes start this Saturday on BBC America. I can't wait.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #8
apirateslifeforme
The Next Mrs. Simon LeBon
On a serious note, I have to agree with the pantyhose and buttfloss
Rare. Bloody rare. Still mooing

I love Blink myself, even though it's "Doctor Lite."

Also love The End of Time...I always said Donna was my favourite companion, but I think I like Wilf even more

Oh, heck, I love any with the Tenth Doctor!
Old 08-28-2012, 08:34 PM   #9
CourtasanSatine
I'm partial to the 4th seaters
Has a crush on James Marsden
I'm a Trendy in a Preppy family

I'm totally a 10th Doctor girl but I also love "Unquiet Dead" since Gwen Cooper's actress guest starred, the whole 3 show cross over, anytime Jack Harkness shows up and pretty much anything with Amy, Rory and River.

Come and get me boys: Satine

"For Justice!" "For Kibbles!"

"Or maybe its the plumbing!"

CourtasanSatine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:39 PM   #10
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

I'm a 9 gal, slowing turning into 11. Favorite episodes.."The End of the World" or "The Doctor Dances". Love early Jack. <3
Old 08-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #11
MissMichigan
A most peculiar mademoiselle

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffyn View Post

4) your fav episode?
1. Because everything else about him changes, and the people he cared about in his previous incarnation no longer know / recognize him, as seen in the first Tennent episode. Also, it's been mentioned at least one that the regeneration process is extremely painful.

2. Netflix instant streaming has the full episodes, and from what i've seen comparing that with BBCA, they also air the full episode. (Saturdays, starting this week!)

3. The River thing is a bit of a confusing point. I don't think she will ever be saved from the Library. If she had been, we would have met her earlier in the show, as it would have been in the past for him.

She gets upset over things like the kiss because if it was the first for him, it means it's the last time in HER time stream that it will happen. In turn, this means the next time for her meeting him, he will know her even less.

4. That's pretty near impossible to answer! lol. The "Are you my mummy" episodes, the one where Rose sees her dad and tries to save him, the one where she absorbs the tardis/first regeneration, the whole story arc ending Rose's time on the show, everything with The Master, demon's run, and last season's finale. But honestly...there are FEW that I don't like to watch over and over.

I discovered this show just before the last season started running, and am beyond in love with it. The twists and turns, the emotion you end up investing...it's just such a unique viewing experience. I just got my DB hooked about a month or two ago, and he just came home today and told me a coworker is now hooked after seeing an episode at our house! Love spreading the Doctor Who goodness around!

ETA: Oh god, how could I forget the episode Vincent and the Doctor? That one is simply amazing.

Last edited by MissMichigan; 08-29-2012 at 01:09 AM.
MissMichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:08 PM   #12
ladypage
And that's how the story about me sleeping with the entire Polish national basketball team started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post
New episodes start this Saturday on BBC America. I can't wait.
I am so mad that we don't get BBCA. It's way too expensive to add it to our listing, so I'm going to have to buy it all from iTunes ASAP! Or do they show it on the BBC website?

Anyone watching The Pond Life? I wish they were longer, but I love the little teases we're getting! Today's was adorable, with him showing up in their room.

Former Epcot CM

PROUD MEMBER OF
GIRAFFE WATCH 2012

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009176
ladypage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:13 PM   #13
lightmoonstone
Mouseketeer

I like The End of Time(part 1 and 2). My favourite Doctor was David Tennant :]
Tenth Forever!
2012- Art of Animation & All Star Movies
lightmoonstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #14
muffyn
"hmmm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorsha View Post
Completely Off Topic , but...

Where is the "What did you watch last on TV" thread of which you speak? I looked for it but couldn't find it.

does this work?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2788645
Old 08-28-2012, 09:26 PM   #15
muffyn
"hmmm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMichigan View Post
2. Netflix instant streaming has the full episodes, and from what i've seen comparing that with BBCA, they also air the full episode. (Saturdays, starting this week!)

I discovered this show just before the last season started running, and am beyond in love with it. The twists and turns, the emotion you end up investing...it's just such a unique viewing experience. I just got my DB hooked about a month or two ago, and he just came home today and told me a coworker is now hooked after seeing an episode at our house! Love spreading the Doctor Who goodness around!

BBCA does not show the full episodes, they run 1 hour )with commercials )versions & there are some important parts cut out.
Just lost my other go-to place this week, they shut down UKNOVA , which had many uk shows as torents. (loved watching britians got talent)
guess I'll run through netflix & see if they show the full episodes.

I have been watching since the 60's,, you have missed soooooo much!
you need to catch up plenty of back story,,,,,,plenty.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: