Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2012, 06:43 PM   #1
LBKB
DIS Veteran

Sprint/nextel sad

Our son was killed in an accident we wanted to keep his phone going as it had his voice for voicemail. Sprint said I had returned the phone (which I didnt still have it) warehouse had entered a wrong serial # and shut his phone off. They lost the only voice recording of him we had and they say I still have keep paying the bill cause they reactivated it when questioned about it. No one at sprint cares they lost this voice recording and they are the RUDEST and COLDEST customer service people I have ever had to deal with. SAD
LBKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:45 PM   #2
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Justice For Travis
usnuzuloose is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 07:02 PM   #3
LBKB
DIS Veteran

Thinking of getting a lawyer.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:08 PM   #4
Art 1
DIS Veteran

I am sorry for your loss. I have dealt with that company for many years and have quite a few phones with them for my business. I have always felt them fair and always polite with customer service.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:09 PM   #5
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Have you tried going to the very top of the chain to explain your situation? I know what you are going through, as I lost my daughter. I would start there and see what may get resolved. I got nothing when my daughter passed away. If I were near you I would give you a personal hug..

Justice For Travis
Old 09-21-2012, 07:52 PM   #6
LBKB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art 1 View Post
I am sorry for your loss. I have dealt with that company for many years and have quite a few phones with them for my business. I have always felt them fair and always polite with customer service.

You call this fair?
Old 09-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #7
Art 1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBKB View Post
You call this fair?
Just relaying my experience of many years and phones.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:23 PM   #8
DawnM
Dawn

I am dealing with Sprint issues right now.

However, the bigger issue here is the loss of your child. I am so sorry. Do you have his voice on anything else? A video or anything?

I am so sorry.

Dawn

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:58 AM   #9
LBKB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnM View Post
I am dealing with Sprint issues right now.

However, the bigger issue here is the loss of your child. I am so sorry. Do you have his voice on anything else? A video or anything?

I am so sorry.

Dawn

A I state in original post it was the ONLY recording as we didnt take videos dont have anything like that.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:03 AM   #10
LBKB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
Have you tried going to the very top of the chain to explain your situation? I know what you are going through, as I lost my daughter. I would start there and see what may get resolved. I got nothing when my daughter passed away. If I were near you I would give you a personal hug..

The problem is getting in touch with someone at the very top. I didnt want anything from them but to continue the contract and DO THEIR JOB NOT LOOSE EVERYTHING that was their (sprints fault) they screwed up royally NOTHING I DID WRONG!

SPRINT EMPLOYEE ENTER WRONG SERIAL # THAT'S WHY THIS HAS ALL HAPPENED NOTHING I DID. SO WHY SHOULDNT THEY BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE?
Old 09-22-2012, 07:13 AM   #11
goofinoff
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
I feel like we are in the middle of A Very Brady Idol

So sorry for your loss and what you are going through.

I've heard nothing but horrible things about Sprint. My friend had a similar experience with them when her Dad died. At first they wouldn't let her do anything with his account because she wasn't an authorized user on his account. It took her 3 of 4 months before they would even cancel his service. They then harrassed her so bad about the bill. She explained to them that he had passed suddenly and that they were struggling to pay funeral expenses etc. If I remember correctly the customer service rep actually said to her "It's not my problem that your father wasn't smart enough to have life insurance!" She tried to go to the top but couldn't get very far.

Good luck to you with this and again I'm so sorry you have to go through this during such a difficult time.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:29 AM   #12
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBKB View Post
The problem is getting in touch with someone at the very top. I didnt want anything from them but to continue the contract and DO THEIR JOB NOT LOOSE EVERYTHING that was their (sprints fault) they screwed up royally NOTHING I DID WRONG!

SPRINT EMPLOYEE ENTER WRONG SERIAL # THAT'S WHY THIS HAS ALL HAPPENED NOTHING I DID. SO WHY SHOULDNT THEY BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE?
I am sorry, I realize you did nothing wrong. Yes someone should be held accountable. You are in a hurting stage, I am was trying to give you a suggestion. I did not know if you got to talk to some one up the ladder. I hope you can get the matter resolved very quickly, My prayers are with you.

Justice For Travis
Old 09-22-2012, 08:49 AM   #13
OceanAnnie
I guess I have a thing against maroon food
If they are well behaved I'm okay

I am sorry you lost your son and for all that you are going through.

Have you contacted his friends that called your son in the past? Maybe they have some voice recordings from him. Try to call them soon if you can. That would be a good avenue to pursue, I think.

Good luck with this. I know it means a lot to your and your husband. I hope you can find some sort of resolve and peace in the days to come.

"We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are." -- Anais Nin

"Some lived careful lives and some lived careless lives, and everything that happened could be explained by the differences between them." -- Anne Tyler

"When you are a hammer, everything is a nail." --- Unknown

OceanAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:00 PM   #14
LBKB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
I am sorry, I realize you did nothing wrong. Yes someone should be held accountable. You are in a hurting stage, I am was trying to give you a suggestion. I did not know if you got to talk to some one up the ladder. I hope you can get the matter resolved very quickly, My prayers are with you.

O no my friend im not upset with you im just cant believe this company how rude most of them are
Old 09-22-2012, 12:06 PM   #15
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

I realize you are hurting terribly and my heart goes out to you. I know some people at company's just don't care. And that is so truly sad. My prayer is that you will get something that will keep you comforted and get something with his voice.

Justice For Travis

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: