Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2012, 05:41 PM   #16
pdwimmer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzy76 View Post
Okay here I am with a question which reveals my age. But I get very "hot" at night when I sleep. I have to have a fan on me. If I ask, would they bring one to our cabin? We sail on the Fantasy in October. I wonder if I can get one at Disneyworld from housekeeping. We are staying at the Beach Club Villas and at the Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas.

I can get a small(ish) fan and try to pack it, or ship it to the resort if I have to.

Any suggestions?
I am sooooo with you. I need a fan. But when traveling for work I turn down the AC in the hotel and use my iPhone for the "noise". On the cruise I just opened up the sliding door on the verandah.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:02 PM   #17
dclcruiser88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdwimmer View Post
I am sooooo with you. I need a fan. But when traveling for work I turn down the AC in the hotel and use my iPhone for the "noise". On the cruise I just opened up the sliding door on the verandah.
Tut Tut!
You know they ask that you do not leave the doors open as it screws up the air-conditioning for everyone else!
dclcruiser88 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 09:56 PM   #18
lucas
°o°

I have to have a fan for the white noise. On cruises I always bring my portable battery O2 Cool fan. It folds and doesn't take up much room. I always plug it in but I also bring some batteries just in case I need to put it some place that doesn't have a plug. I bought a couple at Publix - they always have them during hurricane season with the hurricane supplies. But, I have also seen it other places. I like the sound it makes!

Old 09-21-2012, 10:08 PM   #19
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathi
It's much easier to just use a white noise app on your phone.

I travel a lot for business, and it's what I use all the time.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/white...428075504?mt=8
I too need a fan for white noise. I also use the white noise app on my phone but i prefer the fan. works better for me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using DISBoards App

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:10 PM   #20
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclcruiser88

Tut Tut!
You know they ask that you do not leave the doors open as it screws up the air-conditioning for everyone else!
I didnt know that. Good to know when i go on my first cruise next year!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using DISBoards App

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:16 PM   #21
TheUnknownComic
Mouseketeer

I brought a fan once but couldn't sleep with all that cheering and Pom Pom shaking
TheUnknownComic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:24 PM   #22
zealandsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnknownComic
I brought a fan once but couldn't sleep with all that cheering and Pom Pom shaking
Nice.....
zealandsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:27 PM   #23
vickxo
DIS Veteran

please note that unless you bring your own extension cord for the fan you will have to put down a $50 deposit to borrow one from on board disney cruise line.

we were just on the magic in june and my grandma has a breathing machine for her SA and we needed the plug and they brought it up only after she gave her key to the world card so they could charge it to her account. As long as you return it in working condition you get your money back but still a pain - so you might want to bring your own.
93': WDW Dixie Landing; 95': WDW Dixie Landing; 97': WDW Corando Springs; 99': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 01': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 01':Disney Wonder Cruise - FL/Bahama; 03': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 05': WDW Yacht Club; 07': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 10': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 12': Disney Magic Cruise - NYC/Bahama; 12': Disney Magic Cruise - NYC/Canada; 13': WDW Boardwalk Villas/Animal Kingdom Lodge
vickxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:39 AM   #24
dzy76
It all started with two little girls in Disneyland 1976

Thanks everyone. Its more about the burn within and the air moving over me to cool that down. So I guess I will look at those suggested and pick one. Hopefully I can find room in the suitcase!.

Dzy76

dzy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:05 AM   #25
eva
Often uses her unique ability to shut down threads.

DIS Veteran

Glad to hear the air works great in the staterooms on the Fantasy. We've had very hit and miss experiences on both the Wonder and Magic. We stayed in a 1 bedroom on the Wonder a couple years ago and we had a horrible time keeping it cool at night. It seemed that they had some type of sensor that turned the air off if no one was moving around. Weird, the air was fine during the day. But night is when you really need it. The room steward did something to fix it. But it went back to shutting off the next night.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:29 AM   #26
dzy76
It all started with two little girls in Disneyland 1976

Next question - How long does the extension cord need to be? I have never been on a cruise. Are there outlets just a foot or two away, or will it need to be six feet?

I can't believe how fast this is coming! It seemed so far away when we booked it a over a year ago! I really need to get organized!!!

Dzy76

dzy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:43 AM   #27
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzy76
Next question - How long does the extension cord need to be? I have never been on a cruise. Are there outlets just a foot or two away, or will it need to be six feet?

I can't believe how fast this is coming! It seemed so far away when we booked it a over a year ago! I really need to get organized!!!
On the magic and wonder, the only places to plug in is at the desk, and there are only 2 plugs. So some people bring power strips so they can plug more in, or an extension cord that will reach the bed (I would think a 6 foot would be fine).

Me DH DS 5

Momma2Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:17 PM   #28
kimistry6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDelashmit View Post
I bought a small black metal fan at Walmart for about $10-15...it's great!
This is what we use. Just a small cheap fan and we have taken on both our cruises. Also, on the Dream and the Fantasy there are outlets right by the bed and we haven't needed an extension cord yet. I'll look through my room pics and see if I've captured one of the fan by the bed.
kimistry6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:32 PM   #29
lucas
°o°

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Jax View Post
On the magic and wonder, the only places to plug in is at the desk, and there are only 2 plugs. So some people bring power strips so they can plug more in, or an extension cord that will reach the bed (I would think a 6 foot would be fine).
Be careful not to trip over an extension cord in the middle of the night!
Old 09-26-2012, 08:56 AM   #30
sue
love my DVC

Small Fan

We have cruised many times and I always wish I would have brought a fan with us to use during the night. I bought one that is a desk top oscillating type. It measures about 12" across. Will this be to big for Disney's standards? I really want a oscillating one vs a fan that shoots the air one direction since we have 4 adults who will be sleeping in our stateroom.
Disney' Big Red Boat 3/92 Contemporary 3/92, Poly Resort 12/ 01, Disney Wonder 12/01, Disney Magic 11/05, SSR and OKW 10/06, SSR 08/07 Hawaii Mauni Lani Resort 08/08, Pop Century 2009, OKW 2009, DVC member only cruise Disney Wonder 2009, DVC trade to Kauai Wyndham Shearwater 01/10, All star music resort 08/11, SSR treehouse villas and OKW 11/11, Pop Century 11/12, Disney Fantasy Western 11/12, Bay Lake and Disney Fantasy Eastern 10/14
sue is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: