Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 06:19 PM   #31
iheartdisney
DIS Veteran

The only one I like is Mary Kay. I buy it on ebay at about half price of the listed price. Its the only one that feels right.
I've tried both Covergirl and Loreal, and they both felt icky. The MK foundation seems like it rubs in, not just sits on top of my skin, KWIM?
Old 09-22-2012, 06:36 PM   #32
Princess Dolly
Unfortunately it encroached the danger zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Renae View Post
I use Naked and it is beyond fabulous! LOVE IT! I also love UD because it's cruelty free which is important to me as well.
That's important to me as well. Most of my makeup is UD.
Princess Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2012, 07:15 PM   #33
windycitymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut Giggleface View Post
What's a Bzzzagent?
To learn more or to sign up to be a BzzAgent visit BzzAgent dot com. I heard about BzzAgent on the Disney boards years ago and signed up. It's totally free! It seems almost monthly I am being sent full size products to try and talk (Bzz) about. It is about "word of mouth" marketing. Your kit also comes with coupons to hand out and ideas for sharing the Bzz.

I have received products that I wasn't crazy about and said so. You are to tell the truth on how you like a product and always disclose that you are a BzzAgent. I have tried full size products such as Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Wash, anti-aging eye cream, make-up, shoe gel pads, air freshener products,and coupons for free food, ETC. I just purchased a Dell laser printer for 50% off through a Bzz campaign. You also fill out survey's which helps determines which campaigns would be good for you.
windycitymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:02 PM   #34
Irin997
DIS Veteran

I've done a fair amount of research on foundations and everything I've read is that for those with dry skin, you should be using a cream foundation. Maybe that's why you that tried switching from Bare Minerals to liquid didn't like it?
Irin997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:07 PM   #35
DesiBelle9
Earning My Ears

I have been using Smashbox high definition liquid foundation. I really like it, I feel like I still wanna try alot more high end foundations since I have tried alot of drugstore brand foundations. Haven't found one that I LOVE, but Smashbox gets the job done, covers well, and lasts. Just would like to try others as well.
DesiBelle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:18 PM   #36
DisneyDanielle85
Mouseketeer

Bare Minerals by Bare Essentials is my absolute favorite. My skin is pretty prone to breakouts. This foundation is so light and it doesn't cause my skin to break out as some liquid foundations I've tried have. I know it's pretty expensive. I think I paid $60 for the starter set but it's worth every penny!

~Danielle~
~A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes~ ~Princess Belle!~ "I only hope we don't forget one thing- It was all started by a mouse" - Walt Disney
DisneyDanielle85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:26 PM   #37
honeydiane1953
DIS Veteran

Anything from Laura Gellar or Bobbie Brown always gets my vote.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:29 PM   #38
honeydiane1953
DIS Veteran

Sorry it's Laura Geller she and Bobbie Brown's products(excellent) are sold on QVC.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:52 PM   #39
KrazyKollector
Mouseketeer

I love Make Up Forever's liquid foundation and am anxious to try the new Flawless one by Benefit. I also use BE sometimes and a tinted moisturizer other times, just depending on my mood. I'm wanting to try a BB but not sure which one to try first, though I'm leaning towards the Dr. Jart ones.
KrazyKollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:14 PM   #40
Sarah_Rose
DIS Veteran

I use Smashbox Halo foundation with their photo finish primer. Not cheap, but I love how it looks so natural and makes my skin feel so smooth!

Fort Wilderness May 2014, Inaugural DOPEY CHALLENGE 2014, AoA February 2013, DLR (Christmas trip!) December 2011, DLR (DL Half Marathon) September 2011, AKL Kidani (WDW Half Marathon) 2011, CSR and the GOOFY 2010, WL and the WDW Half Marathon 2009 (2:29), Disneyland Resort Paris 2007, Off-Site 2006, ASMu 2002, Dixie Landings 2000
Sarah_Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:25 PM   #41
MartyM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut Giggleface View Post
I'm currently using Stila BB cream and it's really the most unusual foundation I've ever used.

I'm using the same. I'm really liking the lightweight feel.

When I use a powder, it's the Jane Iredale pressed mineral makeup. It's definitely nicer than any department store or ULTA brands at the same price point.

1988-Polynesian
1997-All Star Music (UCA Cheer Championships)
1998-All Star Sports (UCA Cheer Championships)
2011-Polynesian
2012-Wilderness Lodge Girls' Weekend
2012-Coronado Springs Girls' Weekend
2012-Wilderness Lodge CL
2013-WDW Marathon Weekend AS Sports
2013-Boardwalk Cottage & Christmas Lights! (upcoming)
MartyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:37 PM   #42
dakcp2001
Am I wrong to want a cashier and bagger?
Chicken wings are his crack

Ok, so I am officially too light for the lightest color of most drug store makeups. I am very pale. After reading this thread, I went, inspired, to ULTA. What a nightmare! One lady made me orange and tried to then sell me the orange makeup. It was Napolean brand. I explained to her that it was way too dark for me and she kept explaining that it was the lightest color they made and I could make it work. What? Then a studiogear lady chased me around. I was trying to test the samplers of Urban Decay naked and some other brands, but the pestering of sales people following me around got to me too much. Every time I tried to look at something I had them explaining to me why their brand was better. UGH. I politely said I just want to look around, no thank you a million times! YIKES> They obviously work on commission. So I might try the lancome counter tomorrow I hear they make some super pasty colors that might work. Ulta is on the "never again" list.
dakcp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:17 PM   #43
Casperina
Mouseketeer

I got a set from http://www.etsy.com/shop/MadisonStreetBeauty when they had a sale. $20 for a mineral foundation, blush, highlighter, and setting powder in big jars and four small eyeshadows.
Makes my skin happier than gross bare minerals and supports a small business.

I do moisturizer, eye cream, benefit porefessional, foundation, setting powder.

ME DH
May your day be filled with happy wonder!
Casperina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:08 PM   #44
DisneyFan32WI
Sometimes I just like to be plain and boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycitymom View Post
To learn more or to sign up to be a BzzAgent visit BzzAgent dot com. I heard about BzzAgent on the Disney boards years ago and signed up. It's totally free! It seems almost monthly I am being sent full size products to try and talk (Bzz) about. It is about "word of mouth" marketing. Your kit also comes with coupons to hand out and ideas for sharing the Bzz.

I have received products that I wasn't crazy about and said so. You are to tell the truth on how you like a product and always disclose that you are a BzzAgent. I have tried full size products such as Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Wash, anti-aging eye cream, make-up, shoe gel pads, air freshener products,and coupons for free food, ETC. I just purchased a Dell laser printer for 50% off through a Bzz campaign. You also fill out survey's which helps determines which campaigns would be good for you.
I'm a BzzAgent too. I have been in so many great FREE campaigns.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:15 PM   #45
castmemberb4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherlekay View Post
I've been a big fan of Bare Escentuals for 9 years. I'm a makeup junkie so I keep trying new "IT" products thinking it's gonna be a miracle but am always let down & go back to B. E. Everything else looks Snd feels like a mask to me.
Anytime I switch my husband notices.
Me too on all counts !
I rarely buy seconds of anything and I'm on to my third BM foundation!
I have rosea and it covers it, as well as a scar on my nose I just use the concealer brush and finish with the big brush.
I buy at Ulta with the $3.50 off coupon when ever they have a combo package or free gift.
I also love the color (bronzer) and mineral veil (finishing powder) the next thing i'm going to try is the redness relief powder.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: