Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 11:24 PM   #16
WinstonC
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmypie1
....and I am jealous! We were on her in February for our first and (sadly) probably last cruise.

I knew the Pacific Coast Cruises were going to stop in San Diego where I live, but this morning watching the news they showed her pulling into port in my town and I was surprised at how jealous I became that I wasn't on her.

And now I feel ridiculous that I am feeling this way but I knew you all would understand!!
Why would it be your last? Is the world ending tomorrow and I just didn't hear about it?
WinstonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:52 AM   #17
jlwhitney
DIS Veteran

I was on the Wonder last friday when it pulled into San Diego. It was awesome, and the weather was great. It was so much fun going to San Fran and San Diego. They said it was the first cruise ship of the year, and it was funny because the port workers were a little confused.

I love seeing the shipped docked right in a city it is such a cool view.
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 11:46 AM   #18
dsnydaddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwhitney View Post
I was on the Wonder last friday when it pulled into San Diego. It was awesome, and the weather was great. It was so much fun going to San Fran and San Diego. They said it was the first cruise ship of the year, and it was funny because the port workers were a little confused.

I love seeing the shipped docked right in a city it is such a cool view.
I'd love this too. Seems to me that Palo is tailor made for city docking. Those panoramic ocean views at night are really a sea of blackness, but the docked in a city... You can dine with a great city view. San Francisco is one of the best.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:40 PM   #19
kimmypie1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonC View Post
Why would it be your last? Is the world ending tomorrow and I just didn't hear about it?
My DH wasn't as fond of the cruise as myself and the kids were (he got really sea sick). And with Disney ships leaving LA for good, it makes it that much more difficult to convince him to go on another one.
kimmypie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:52 PM   #20
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmypie1 View Post
My DH wasn't as fond of the cruise as myself and the kids were (he got really sea sick). And with Disney ships leaving LA for good, it makes it that much more difficult to convince him to go on another one.
Well, DCL isn't leaving for good (at least not yet). They are coming back next summer for the Alaska season. So there's a PC cruise and a repo cruise out of LA at the beginning of summer. and the reverse at the end of summer.

If we keep reminding DCL that us westcoasters would like to see the coastal cruises and occasional Hawaii cruises still in the mix, maybe they will continue to return.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:28 PM   #21
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

It would be cool if they could offer one-way Hawaii itineraries, like some lines do. Many of us can't do a 14 night cruise, but if it were shorter, I would be all over that!

Me DH DS 5

Momma2Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:39 PM   #22
Debers17
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmypie1 View Post
....and I am jealous! We were on her in February for our first and (sadly) probably last cruise.

I knew the Pacific Coast Cruises were going to stop in San Diego where I live, but this morning watching the news they showed her pulling into port in my town and I was surprised at how jealous I became that I wasn't on her.

And now I feel ridiculous that I am feeling this way but I knew you all would understand!!
I actually drove down to the port since I live in the OB/Point Loma area and felt the very same feelings...then I had to remind myself that in less than 2 weeks I would be on the Dream and the jealousy faded...but only just a little, lol. I've got to say I've seen photos of these ships forever, but the sheer beauty it has when you see it in person is just amazing. I can only imagine what it will be like when we finally get to see the Dream in person in about a week! DH didn't get to see it with me this past Friday, so we're planning to go see her again this coming Friday when she arrives for her 2nd San Diego stop

Cruised the Oct. 7, 2012 Dream sailing
Me DH Brian DS Noah (11) & DD Jenavieve (9)
BEST FAMILY VACATION EVER!!!
Debers17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:09 PM   #23
Handbag Lady
Disneyland Bride 2000
If you can't say somethng nice, come sit next to me
Has the wherewithall to save bakery goods from earthquakes

Next month and we'll be on the Wonder again!

So happy with that thought as I sit here doing Fiscal Year-end stuff.
WDW: October 2010: DCL, Poly, and the Grand for the 10th Anniversary Extravaganza!, Oct/Nov. 2008 CBR / Sept. 2007 CBR / Oct. 2006 AKL / August 2005 POR (hello Katrina!) / 1998 Off Campus at the Grosvenor (ENGAGED AT EPCOT )
DL: Twice a month for years / Multiple visits since birth / 1989 CM on Main Street / 2000 Disneyland Fairy Tale Wedding
DCL: Oct 2010 4-Day Caribbean / Nov 2011 Mexican Riviera / Oct 2012 Mexican Riviera
Handbag Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:11 PM   #24
minniefaye
DIS Veteran

Grumpymom1--thanks for the awesome photos! I was on that ship and am going to save the photos for my album! Enjoyed my day in San Diego also!
minniefaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:13 PM   #25
ethanash1
A little bit of Pixie Dust can fix almost anything......

I share the OP's sentiment. I work in Point Loma and as I was crossing the bridge at Pacific Highway off the 5, I was overcome with jealousy

But DH reminded me that we will be on the Fantasy for 7 glorious nights in 3 1/2 weeks.

That made me feel better.

Does anyone know what time exactly she arrives in port? I would love to drive in on Friday and watch her dock before going to work. Thanks

Port Orleans French Quarter March 2009Disney Magic Western Caribbean March 2010
Disneyland VGC June 2010Disneyland VGC Sept 2010
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2011 Walt Disney World / Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean October 2012Aulani Resort June 2013 Disney Magic Double Dip October 2013
ethanash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:01 PM   #26
Debers17
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanash1 View Post
I share the OP's sentiment. I work in Point Loma and as I was crossing the bridge at Pacific Highway off the 5, I was overcome with jealousy

But DH reminded me that we will be on the Fantasy for 7 glorious nights in 3 1/2 weeks.

That made me feel better.

Does anyone know what time exactly she arrives in port? I would love to drive in on Friday and watch her dock before going to work. Thanks
Their "on shore" time says 8am on the itinerary with all aboard time at 7pm, so I'm assuming she'll be pulling into port earlier than that. We were there about 6:30pm until close to 7 and many passengers at about 15 mins to 7 were still arriving from their day in San Diego. I wanted to wait until she started pulling away from the port, but unfortunately I had to get back to pick up DH & DS from football practice, so as soon as practice ends on Friday, we're going to haul butt back down to the port so we can watch her sail away (and hopefully hear the horn ).

Cruised the Oct. 7, 2012 Dream sailing
Me DH Brian DS Noah (11) & DD Jenavieve (9)
BEST FAMILY VACATION EVER!!!
Debers17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:20 PM   #27
ethanash1
A little bit of Pixie Dust can fix almost anything......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debers17

Their "on shore" time says 8am on the itinerary with all aboard time at 7pm, so I'm assuming she'll be pulling into port earlier than that. We were there about 6:30pm until close to 7 and many passengers at about 15 mins to 7 were still arriving from their day in San Diego. I wanted to wait until she started pulling away from the port, but unfortunately I had to get back to pick up DH & DS from football practice, so as soon as practice ends on Friday, we're going to haul butt back down to the port so we can watch her sail away (and hopefully hear the horn ).
Ooohhhh. Sail away! That sounds like fun. I can see myself with a Starbucks drink in one hand and my tissue in the other waving sadly as they go.... Sigh*

I start work at 7:15, so that port arrival time sounds like it could be "go" for me! Thanks for the info!

Port Orleans French Quarter March 2009Disney Magic Western Caribbean March 2010
Disneyland VGC June 2010Disneyland VGC Sept 2010
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2011 Walt Disney World / Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean October 2012Aulani Resort June 2013 Disney Magic Double Dip October 2013
ethanash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:09 PM   #28
GrumpyMom1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniefaye View Post
Grumpymom1--thanks for the awesome photos! I was on that ship and am going to save the photos for my album! Enjoyed my day in San Diego also!
You're welcome! There are more photos here.

Glad you enjoyed your day in San Diego. The weather was beautiful that day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanash1 View Post
They came into the harbor around 7am and reached the pier around 7:30.

Since I was there in the morning I didn't stay for sailaway. We are saving that for one of the other visits.
West Coast 7/9/05 - Disney Magic Eastern 7/12/03 - WDW/CBR 11/2000 - Disney Wonder 12/2000 - Pictures

GrumpyMom1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: