DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 01:41 AM   #46
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
The Poly is the only deluxe Disney hotel available,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
At this time the Polynesian is the only Disney deluxe resort without a DVC section or one under construction.
Poly and the Yacht Club.

And of course technically GF hasn't been removed yet.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:55 AM   #47
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
Poly and the Yacht Club.

Thanks for the correction, I always forget about the YC since I look at the YC/BC as one unit.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 07:34 AM   #48
ldo
DIS Veteran

different advice

I strongly recommend that you only buy enough DVC points to vacation every other year---that way, your upfront outlay, annual fees are much less and you are not locked into DVC every year. We have a timeshare that we bought when our kids were very young. It seemed perfect for us (East Caost beach week in the summer)--now 7 years later, our vacation tastes have changed and I really wish we had it every other year. Same for WDW. We used to go every year, now we like to go on cruises, etc.
With banking and borrowing DVC points, you can still go even 2 years in a row, if you then skip a year. Good luck.
also, I saw reference to 15-20% discount---just making sure you are not referring to cruises---no one gets that. Only discount is for booking another cruise while on board. Elaine
ldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:06 AM   #49
BestDadEver
New DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
Based on what you have written I would cancel the purchase and take some time to determine if buying resale is a good option.

Bill
I would do this to . You are asking basic questions . I would get those answers then make your decision .

As referring to the discount I assume you mean the special offers they had in june for the fantasy for like $170 per night for veranda room . I belive that was offered to all dvc members including resale.

BestDadEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:17 AM   #50
BestDadEver
New DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
Iyour salesperson will make it sound like your world is about to end if you cancel this contract, but it really won't, so don't worry.
Lmao thats funny

Old 09-23-2012, 08:39 AM   #51
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
...your salesperson will make it sound like your world is about to end if you cancel this contract, but it really won't, so don't worry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestDadEver View Post
Lmao thats funny

Thanks. I suppose I should clarify my comment a little bit. Salespeople have what is called an "objection book" that they use to provide counterarguments to whatever reason for canceling you give. It is literally a binder with tabs where each tab indicates a potential objection. Phone salespeople have it right on their desks and they flip through it. I'm guessing that timeshare salespeople, especially the good ones, have the entire thing memorized. The purpose of using the objection book is meant to wear the buyer down and refute every reason they give for possibly wanting to cancel. This eventually brings them to the point where they cannot provide an inarguable reason for canceling and therefore end up getting talked into keeping the contract.

The process can in fact seem a lot like your world is ending...

The price will never be lower, just think of all the vacations you will be missing, we are going to sell out soon, this special deal is about to go away, you should do this for your family, you are this close to owning a piece of the Magic, etc. etc. etc.

It's a grueling process and is unpleasant to say the least. My comment was meant to prepare the OP for that, I guess being funny was just an added benefit.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:49 AM   #52
BestDadEver
New DVC Member

Quote:
Thanks. I suppose I should clarify my comment a little bit. Salespeople have what is called an "objection book" that they use to provide counterarguments to whatever reason for canceling you give. It is literally a binder with tabs where each tab indicates a potential objection. Phone salespeople have it right on their desks and they flip through it. I'm guessing that timeshare salespeople, especially the good ones, have the entire thing memorized. The purpose of using the objection book is meant to wear the buyer down and refute every reason they give for possibly wanting to cancel. This eventually brings them to the point where they cannot provide an inarguable reason for canceling and therefore end up getting talked into keeping the contract.

The price will never be lower, just think of all the vacations you will be missing, we are going to sell out soon, this special deal is about to go away, you should do this for your family, you are this close to owning a piece of the Magic, etc. etc. etc.

It's a grueling process and is unpleasant to say the least. My comment was meant to prepare the OP for that, I guess being funny was just an added benefit.
I agree . I just thought the way you phrased it was funny . Especially when I think back to some of my negotiations in thr past .

Like when I bought a new car but wanted the left over model they have a buch of reasons why you should get the new model .

Old 09-23-2012, 10:00 AM   #53
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Timeshare sales people likely wrote the book. Historically, at least before the last slow down, good timeshare sales staff often made $250K and up. Those with the skills of top timeshare sales are often called confidence men in other circles. Phrases such as they could sell "ice to a drowning man", "ice to an Eskimo" are often applicable to this group. Many of them could step into any car dealership and quickly become the top salesperson.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:52 PM   #54
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
Poly and the Yacht Club.

Yep, forgot that one too, shows my state of mind lately, as that is one of my favorite places to stay,
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: