Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2007, 10:59 AM   #1
tink2007
DIS Veteran

Most Embarressing Moments at Disney

My children reminded me of this the other day while we were talking to family members about our last vacation at WDW in June of 2005. We went with my best friend's family and had one of the best vacations we've ever had. On our last day (8th day) we went to Epcot. It was very hot that day and the park was crowded. Around 3:00 we had done everything we wanted to do and the lines were very long and no more fast passes were being given out. Because we had dinner reservations at 5:00 we did not want to go back to our resort. We decided to ride the monorail. At least it would be air conditioned and we could get off our feet for awhile. After about an hour and taking a little nap we got off and headed back to the Epcot entance gate. I was walking in a very exausted trance directly behind my husband not paying much attention to where he was going. To my surprise and to the surprise of 3 other men, I had followed my husband right into the men's room and right up to the urinal. I was so shocked, I just started screaming. It took a few seconds to even realize where I was. My husband had to push me back out the door. My children had watched me walk into the bathroom and were on the ground laughing by the time I came back out. They will never let me live it down.
tink2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:20 AM   #2
amy2girls
I'm glad you put clothes on

omg to funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
amy2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2007, 11:23 AM   #3
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Did you hide from the other guys in the bathroom in case they came out before your husband?!
tinkgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:24 AM   #4
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101

That's funny!!! Wow, you must have been tired.

My embarrassing moment is not nearly as entertaining. When my son was younger, he would want to ride the rides but had terrible anxiety over them.

There was a very bad instance where he threw up in the line for Test Track. He threw up all over my sandals and I'm sure a few other people got wet! I was mortified.

I'm sure they all thought I was a terrible parent for bringing a sick child to the park, but really, he was just nervous.

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:25 AM   #5
BABYJOSIE98
DIS Veteran

Wink Too Funny!!

My most embarrasing moment was our first trip to WDW with our fiesty little
3 and half year old DD!
She just thought she was such a big girl in her Cinderella dress and she was determined to ride DUMBO ALONE!!! Well we all know that can not happen and when I tried to get in with her she started pointing and yelling "GET IN YOUR OWN DUMBO"...Then she tried to kick me and told me to get out of her DUMBO!!!! AH!!! Not my little peanut!!!

DH caught it all on tape!!! While I was pretty embarrased and aggrevated with my little angel at the time...Now I look back and watch the video and it is hilarious!!!

She finally realized I had to ride with her and we had a wonderful flight!!

Kids will do that too you sometimes....

CBR Nov 2001/Wonder Nov 02/S/D April 03/Wonder-ASM Oct 03/Seaworld-2004&05/Magic Oct 2005/BWV May 2006/OKW-Dec 06/POR-Sept 07/F&W S/D Oct 07/AKL-Oct 08/DL CA Oct 09-AKV-OCT 201O-POLY DEC-2010-Disney Dream/AKV May 2011DISNEY DREAM-AKV OCT 2012/AKV MAY 2013
AKV-OCT 2013/PFQ NOV 2013/BW-DTD JUNE 2014
BABYJOSIE98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:29 AM   #6
tink2007
DIS Veteran

I really don't remember what I did when I came out of the bathroom. I felt like I dreamed it. It didn't seem to bother the other men. They didn't stop what ever they were doing.
tink2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:36 AM   #7
Sarahboo
Mouseketeer

My most embarassing moment happened at Typhoon Lagoon in 2005. Here's a copy from my blog about it:

I recently returned from a well deserved vacation. On my last day, we decided to go to a water park. I had never been to one before and I looked forward to the adreniline rush and refreshment of large pools of water.

Like most everything else in my life, I decided that I would just jump right in. I headed right to the big slide. They called it "Humunga Cowabunga" and I was certain I would soon know why.

As we headed toward the top, we passed the large crowd of people who waited at the bottom for their children or spouses. I assumed it was a sort of huddle of shame. The only reason to wait at the bottom was because you were too pansy to go down the slide. I'm fairly certain that it gave me a marginal ego boost to pass them as I headed for the stairs.

At the top of the slide, I took note of everything I should do. First, you sit in the slide, second you wait for the light to turn green and you cross your ankles while pulling yourself from the flat top down the slide which then promptly dropped about three stories, resulting in a 60mph plummet to the bottom.

The sliders before me screamed like they were taking a beating while they slid to the bottom.

As I started my slide, ankles crossed, I refused to scream. Instead I closed my eyes and thought "Dear God, what about this is supposed to be fun? It hurts like hell and at some point I'll have to come to a stop.. I forsee that being an excruciating experience."

Right about then my legs accidently uncrossed resulting in a record breaking wedgie. As I got to the bottom, I vowed to never do it again. I stood up and was so busy pulling my swimsuit out of my bum, I failed to notice that my top fell down.

The large crowd at the bottom didn't.

Last edited by cleo; 04-13-2007 at 11:42 AM. Reason: language
Sarahboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:37 AM   #8
Xcited4Disney
DIS Veteran

^^^I'm sorry but
Xcited4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:38 AM   #9
Luv4Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink2007 View Post
My children reminded me of this the other day while we were talking to family members about our last vacation at WDW in June of 2005. We went with my best friend's family and had one of the best vacations we've ever had. On our last day (8th day) we went to Epcot. It was very hot that day and the park was crowded. Around 3:00 we had done everything we wanted to do and the lines were very long and no more fast passes were being given out. Because we had dinner reservations at 5:00 we did not want to go back to our resort. We decided to ride the monorail. At least it would be air conditioned and we could get off our feet for awhile. After about an hour and taking a little nap we got off and headed back to the Epcot entance gate. I was walking in a very exausted trance directly behind my husband not paying much attention to where he was going. To my surprise and to the surprise of 3 other men, I had followed my husband right into the men's room and right up to the urinal. I was so shocked, I just started screaming. It took a few seconds to even realize where I was. My husband had to push me back out the door. My children had watched me walk into the bathroom and were on the ground laughing by the time I came back out. They will never let me live it down.
Well, I tried to grab some strangers hand thinking he was DF. Whoops! DF was laughing at me from behind.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:58 AM   #10
mint julep
Tomorrow is another day...

Okay...this is not on par with walking into the men's room or losing my top...but I was red in the face over it!

We were leaving Epcot via the monorail and heading up the platform. My middle son was holding on to a stuffed Pluto he had gotten that day. As we approached the top of the landing he was holding it over the railing to the "bush area" that was unreachable down at the bottom. I figured we were in TROUBLE if he dropped his new "best friend" down so I told him to let me hold it. Of course, this makes him cry *big bad mommy takes away his toy*. So a CM who was sweeping the area asks him what is wrong and he tells him (he is 4 at the time) that his mom stole his " pavorite prend" (aka favorite friend). Well, I start to explain that I didn't want him to drop it by demonstrating holding it over the railing...and I bet you would never be able to guess what happened? HA HA..I dropped the stuffed Pluto down into the bush area.

Lucky for us the CM was able to get some sort of grabber arm thing and pull it out. When he pulled it out he handed it to DS and told him to keep it safe! Especially from his mom. HA HA HA. Ds didn't hold him out over the railings anymore. My family STILL makes fun of me for that and it was YEARS ago!
Old 04-12-2007, 12:04 PM   #11
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

OMG I am laughing so hard I'm crying. I'm laughing with you, really!

Thanks I needed that!
Old 04-12-2007, 12:05 PM   #12
luvgoing2disney
DIS Veteran

I've never gone on a behind the scenes tour, but I've always been curious as to what we don't see, just the same.

A few trips back, we had walked through the castle and off to the right was Bert and some penguins. While our son was in line for autographs and photographs, I noticed a door just opposite that would lead, I presumed, behind Snow White and Pooh. I opened the door and walking down a hallway was Mary Poppins, coming to join Bert. I don't know who was more surprised--she or I. I mumbled something like "I was just curious as to what was back here." and quickly closed the door. When she came out a second later, she looked at me with a smile on her face but not in her voice, and said, "Please do not EVER do that again."

To this day, we speak of the day that I was fussed at by Mary Poppins.

1997, 2000, 2002, 2004, Disneyland 2005, 2006, October 2007, May 2008, Christmas 2009, Disneyland 2011, April 2012, May 2013, September 2013, Disneyland April 2014
luvgoing2disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:20 PM   #13
DisneyObsessive
DIS Veteran

It was 2004, I had just graduated high school and went with my friend Jenise and her family. It was POURING in MGM. It just started out of nowhere. Everyone was standing on the sides of sunset boulevard, huddling in stores or under their canopies to wait it out. Jenise and I are walking straight down the middle yelling "Panchos are for wimps! Rain doesn't bite! come on people!" thinking we were so cool.

I look down, turn to Jenise and say "uh... I forgot I'm wearing white shorts." Yes. White shorts. Pink underwear. Miss "Im too cool" (thats me) was parading down sunset boulevard, letting everyone see her panties.

I was HORRIFIED. And at that point, there was nothing i could do about it. I didn't have a thing to cover myself up. See through shorts for the next like 2 hours until they dried up. ugh!

Days Inn- Thanksgiving, 1988
Port Orleans, French Quarters- Christmas, 1998
Hotel Royal Plaza- July to August, 2003
Vistana Villa Resort- July, 2004
Pop Century (one night), Friends home in Tampa- Star Wars Weekends, May to June 2007
Coronado Springs-January 2009
Pop Century- October 2009
DisneyObsessive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:24 PM   #14
loveysbydesign
I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream for miles!

This past May we took our 1st family trip to WDW. We went to AK on Mother's Day. It was hot and quite busy by the afternoon. We were gonna leave when I talked dh into letting ds and I go on EE one last time...actually I told him it was Mother's Day and I wanted to ride it one more time before we left for the day whether he liked it or not -LOL!! So we walk over go to the FP area so dh could sit in the shade with dd and my ds and I took off for the entrance! My ds ran off and therefore I followed as fast as I could run....and tripped on the bumpy ground and flew head first through the air and landed smack face down/belly down/knees down on the ground as if sliding into home plate! Before I knew what had happened there was like 3 CM's and othe guests there asking me if I was ok. Trying to regain my dignity I stood up and hobbled over to my ds who was standing there staring at me, looking mortified. I insisted I was ok and just wanted to get on EE before the line got longer. Boy did my one knee hurt the next coupole of days..other than that I was no worse for the waear. Upon exiting EE my dh told me he watched it all from the FP area and was laughing when he saw me "disappear" What a trip

May 2006-1st family trip to WDW! Loved Windsor Hills! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$1800
Nov. 13-22 2007-2nd trip to WDW with Baby Hartley #3-it's a boy!!! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$2200
May 2009- 3 nights in a 2 bedroom at SSR and then our 1st Disney cruise on the Magic! Total cost for 2 Cat. 12's -upgraded to Cat. 10's=$2900

June 11-20 2010- Our super cheap, surprising the kids, 1st time driving, celebrating Ryan's 3rd birthday trip! Total cost=$950
Nov.12-22, 2010 Took our in-laws along for their 1st trip ever! Stayed at Indian Creek and had a blast!
Oct.10-15, 2011 Crazy Columbus Crowds(did YES program) & cruised on the Dream Oct. 16-20
Oct. 19-29, 2012 Our trip re-do w/the in-laws, swam w/ the manatees & drove home through Sandy!
June 21-30, 2013 Celebrating our 17th anniversary!

Last edited by loveysbydesign; 04-12-2007 at 12:31 PM.
loveysbydesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:36 PM   #15
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

OMG too funny all of these stories! Last August my family and I were in MGM at The muppetvision 3D , I think that is the one sponsored by Kodak? Anyway there is a 10-12 minute intro with music and all sorts of pictures and things shown on all the TV's while you're waiting. Well DS4 decides he can't handle the waiting anymore and screams "ENOUGH WITH THE"@#$%^*^" PICTURES ALREADY!! The place needless to say erupted in laughter and those that weren't laughing were looking at me like I was the mother from you know where It was quite a moment!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: