Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
kittykitty87
DIS Veteran
 
kittykitty87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 637

Cheer up sunshine!

Looking at weather forecasts and it looks nasty!! We fly out on Sunday and everyday is thunder and showers! Boooooo!
__________________
2000 - 2 weeks Kissimmee Villa 23/9 - 7/10/2012 - IDrive Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando
'This-was-supposed-to-be-a-holiday-to-Mexico' TRIP REPORT! Sept/Oct 2012
kittykitty87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:17 AM   #2
Elise79
Moderator
 
Elise79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: East Anglia, UK
Posts: 5,451
DISboards Moderator

Don't panic that is the normal forecast! You will have sun but most likely you will see storms everyday for a short time usually late afternoon.
__________________

July 2014 - OKWApr 2014 OKW & NYC Dec 2013 - BLT July 2013 - OKW April 2013/Dec 2012 - BLT June 2012 - BLT & OKW Feb 2012 - OKW Sept 2011 - BWV & BLT May 2011 - BCV & BLT Nov 2010 - BLT & CR Tower Club May 2010 - BLT Sept 2009/March 2009/April 2008/Sept 2007/Sept 2006 - CSR Feb 2008 - DLRP Newport Bay (First DLRP Trip) April 1999 - WDW Offsite in Villa June 1998 - WDW Offsite July 1989 - WDW Offsite
Elise79 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-19-2012, 02:00 AM   #3
kittykitty87
DIS Veteran
 
kittykitty87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 637

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise79
Don't panic that is the normal forecast! You will have sun but most likely you will see storms everyday for a short time usually late afternoon.
My DBF (who hasn't been to WDW before) thinks that because of what the forecast is showing, we will get rain all day everyday!

Thank you for explaining that
__________________
2000 - 2 weeks Kissimmee Villa 23/9 - 7/10/2012 - IDrive Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando
'This-was-supposed-to-be-a-holiday-to-Mexico' TRIP REPORT! Sept/Oct 2012
kittykitty87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:54 AM   #4
creamsoda
Earning My Ears
 
creamsoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Harrogate N. Yorkshire
Posts: 48

Showed rain every day for our holiday too. We had the outer effects of Hurricane Isaac which was wet and windy( normal day in Yorkshire!!) and it then rained a little bit the next day. But the next 8 days were amazing, no rain and less humid. Have a lovely holiday.
creamsoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #5
kittykitty87
DIS Veteran
 
kittykitty87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 637

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamsoda View Post
Showed rain every day for our holiday too. We had the outer effects of Hurricane Isaac which was wet and windy( normal day in Yorkshire!!) and it then rained a little bit the next day. But the next 8 days were amazing, no rain and less humid. Have a lovely holiday.
Thank you

I know the weather isnt something I have any control over at all () but I just dont fancy being there and it just rains ALL the time!
__________________
2000 - 2 weeks Kissimmee Villa 23/9 - 7/10/2012 - IDrive Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando
'This-was-supposed-to-be-a-holiday-to-Mexico' TRIP REPORT! Sept/Oct 2012
kittykitty87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #6
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran
 
tinkerpea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: RAF Henlow England
Posts: 2,215

We shoyld have been flying out on the 25th but then Dh leave was cancelled,Ive been pretty gutted ever since as i have always loved september weather!
Im now feeling better as ive never seen the forcast like its been for the last few months

What has happened this yr! I know everybody says its hurricane season and all that but ive been to Disney 24 times and ive NEVER had such bad weather as what ive been hearing about!

We have always gone in October when i was younger then we started going in middle of september and the weather has always been AMAZING apart from maybe 2days out of 3wks!!! Where we had storm type weather "pretty bad as they shut all the pools and brought all the animals in at AKL hotel" I remember that they was bombarded with kids asking the CM's if the animals was ok in the rain and wind and they said they have huge shelters they take them to & they did.

I really hope the weather cheers up for you as I go for the sunshine and heat and yes everybody says Id rather be at Disney in the rain then not at all..........
well Im not that person i want to be there in the SUNSHINE or i feel my money is wasted!
__________________



Me 29,DH 33,DS 12, DS"Twins"9
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:41 AM   #7
Elise79
Moderator
 
Elise79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: East Anglia, UK
Posts: 5,451
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerpea View Post
We shoyld have been flying out on the 25th but then Dh leave was cancelled,Ive been pretty gutted ever since as i have always loved september weather!
Im now feeling better as ive never seen the forcast like its been for the last few months
Really? I always watch the weather in Orlando and they have had a typical summer. They have had a couple of tropical storms pass by and that has brought all day rain (and yes I was caught in one of them) but other than that it has been hot, humid with afternoon storms!
__________________

July 2014 - OKWApr 2014 OKW & NYC Dec 2013 - BLT July 2013 - OKW April 2013/Dec 2012 - BLT June 2012 - BLT & OKW Feb 2012 - OKW Sept 2011 - BWV & BLT May 2011 - BCV & BLT Nov 2010 - BLT & CR Tower Club May 2010 - BLT Sept 2009/March 2009/April 2008/Sept 2007/Sept 2006 - CSR Feb 2008 - DLRP Newport Bay (First DLRP Trip) April 1999 - WDW Offsite in Villa June 1998 - WDW Offsite July 1989 - WDW Offsite
Elise79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:08 AM   #8
tonylaws
Earning My Ears
 
tonylaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Liversedge, England
Posts: 15

Look on WESH.COM it's Orlandos local News/Weather channel.

I've just seen a very nice man say that after Friday things are on the up.

This week as been a "WASH out"

But other poster are right, you do get the odd shower this time of year.

On the up side its warm rain.

tonylaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #9
Tinkerpeas hubby
Mouseketeer
 
Tinkerpeas hubby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise79

Really? I always watch the weather in Orlando and they have had a typical summer. They have had a couple of tropical storms pass by and that has brought all day rain (and yes I was caught in one of them) but other than that it has been hot, humid with afternoon storms!
That was ment to say weeks lol! Not months, I know that there summers are always like that as I actually grew up on and off in Orlando! Which is why we never and will never holiday in July or august.... The weather the last few wks has been a wash out compared to other yes we always go in September and have never had more then a day or 2 at the most of rain!

I'm praying the weather sorts itself out!

Cindy
__________________
Your Jedi mind tricks won't work on me Mickey.

Moi (31): dw (27): B (10) Ant (7): Avatar (7):
Tinkerpeas hubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:41 AM   #10
kittykitty87
DIS Veteran
 
kittykitty87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 637

Thanks everyone

So I should expect it to be hot, possibly cloudy with rain in the afternoon etc! I think I can cope with that

(2 sleeps left, eeeeeeeeeeeek )
__________________
2000 - 2 weeks Kissimmee Villa 23/9 - 7/10/2012 - IDrive Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando
'This-was-supposed-to-be-a-holiday-to-Mexico' TRIP REPORT! Sept/Oct 2012
kittykitty87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:39 AM   #11
laura_<3
DIS Veteran
 
laura_<3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Shields, North East of England
Posts: 1,534

I was slightly panicky about that too! We arrived yesterday afternoon and it was lovely and sunny. Only had a 10 minute down pour at about 9.30pm.
__________________
August 2005 - Indian Ridge Villas May 2009 - All Star Sports (Steven's first trip!)July 2011 - Royal Palms Villas July/August 2011 trip reportSeptember 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside September 2012 trip report July 2015 - Our Disney Wedding, Port Orleans Riverside
Engaged at Magic Kingdom 23rd September 2012 My Youtube Channel New - My wedding blog https://lauradisneybride.wordpress.com/
laura_<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:22 AM   #12
kittykitty87
DIS Veteran
 
kittykitty87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 637

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura_<3 View Post
I was slightly panicky about that too! We arrived yesterday afternoon and it was lovely and sunny. Only had a 10 minute down pour at about 9.30pm.
Oh thats good then. Fingers crossed it stays like this for us on Sunday

I hope you have an time
__________________
2000 - 2 weeks Kissimmee Villa 23/9 - 7/10/2012 - IDrive Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando
'This-was-supposed-to-be-a-holiday-to-Mexico' TRIP REPORT! Sept/Oct 2012
kittykitty87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:12 AM   #13
George12
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mevagissey, Cornwall UK
Posts: 26

Been here since Monday and Tuesday was the worst day of the week with rain from about midday until late evening. Forecast for the w/e is for it to dry up.

Yesterday was lovely and we were at Epcot for most of the afternoon and evening.

However, we were on the shuttle to the car park at around 9.30 when a terrific rainstorm hit us and we were told by the driver in no uncertain manner that we had to get off at our stop. My wife nearly slipped on the car park surface and both of us were soaked to the skin before we had gone a few yards! Needless to say I have put in an official complaint about the driver and was assured that they would investigate as it was a serious health and safety issue. Sorry to digress but I am still angry about it!!
George12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #14
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran
 
tinkerpea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: RAF Henlow England
Posts: 2,215

Quote:
Originally Posted by George12 View Post
Been here since Monday and Tuesday was the worst day of the week with rain from about midday until late evening. Forecast for the w/e is for it to dry up.

Yesterday was lovely and we were at Epcot for most of the afternoon and evening.

However, we were on the shuttle to the car park at around 9.30 when a terrific rainstorm hit us and we were told by the driver in no uncertain manner that we had to get off at our stop. My wife nearly slipped on the car park surface and both of us were soaked to the skin before we had gone a few yards! Needless to say I have put in an official complaint about the driver and was assured that they would investigate as it was a serious health and safety issue. Sorry to digress but I am still angry about it!!

Oh my god thats awful!
By the way I come from Newquay
__________________



Me 29,DH 33,DS 12, DS"Twins"9
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:03 AM   #15
starrysky
DIS Veteran
 
starrysky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,422

Have an awesome time and as another pp said at least the rain is warm.
__________________
Me (33) DH (40) Bailey (5)




1986 Hilton Downtown Disney, 1992 Offisite Kissimmee, 2006 Offsite (sheraton vistana) 2009 POFQ, 2010 POR, 2011 OKW, 2012 OKW, 2013 POFQ



starrysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.