Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 10:37 PM   #1
Disneydreamsdancer
Mouseketeer

Is this a good price?

Hi guys! Hoping some of you US dis friends can help me out here. We're coming to so cal in Feb 2013 for a trip to the parks and LA. As our flights are thousands of dollars alone I usually book through a travel agent and let them sort the hotel too. This time as air miles customers we got a better deal direct from the airline so I've been looking for a good neighbor hotel.
I managed to get the Anaheim Hilton (convention way) for $75 a night, thought that was a good price at the time but after some research I'm beginning to worry that its not legit. Seems quite low by Hilton standards, but then again I'm not used to US prices. We booked using lastminutetravel and paid in advance. Has anyone used lastminute before or can tell me if the price I've paid is about right? Getting slightly worried

Tia!

DLRP Aug '94 - Hotel Sante Fe
DLRP Mar '95 - Hotel Sante Fe . DLRP Jan '01 - Hotel Cheyenne . DLRP Jan '07 - Hotel Sante Fe . DLR Cal Jan '08 - Hilton Anaheim . DLR Cal Dec '08 - Marriott Anaheim . DLR Cal Jan '12 - Fairfield Inn . DLR Cal May '12 - Carousel Inn
Disneydreamsdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:42 PM   #2
KalamityJane
DIS Veteran

Feb is low season, and booking through LMT, the price sounds right to me!
KalamityJane is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 11:15 PM   #3
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."

They are legit...and I agree with the PP that the price seems right too.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:29 PM   #4
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

Actually, I think that the price may have been too high. We have used name your own price on Priceline and stayed at that hotel for as little as $45 per night over a holiday weekend (and we had a great view of the fireworks there as well).

Please be aware that they charge for parking if you will be driving a car, I believe it was something like $20 per night.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:48 PM   #5
disneegrl4eva
now we just need a secret handshake or sign...
...because I'm special like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post
Actually, I think that the price may have been too high. We have used name your own price on Priceline and stayed at that hotel for as little as $45 per night over a holiday weekend (and we had a great view of the fireworks there as well).

Please be aware that they charge for parking if you will be driving a car, I believe it was something like $20 per night.
the only problem is that using LMT is a guarantee...priceline you cant be guaranteed you will get the Hilton....and good point about the parking...also be aware that Hilton puts a hold for $50 a day for incidentals as well......OP might i suggest signing up for Hojo's email subscription?? They will send you emails with really good deals cheaper than hilton...and they dont charge parking...you may get a rate as low as $59 per night plus their incidental hold is $10
Old 09-20-2012, 11:50 PM   #6
Disneydreamsdancer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmwade77

Wow thats a great price!! Never used priceline before though. We're not renting a car, too used to driving on the left!

DLRP Mar '95 - Hotel Sante Fe . DLRP Jan '01 - Hotel Cheyenne . DLRP Jan '07 - Hotel Sante Fe . DLR Cal Jan '08 - Hilton Anaheim . DLR Cal Dec '08 - Marriott Anaheim . DLR Cal Jan '12 - Fairfield Inn . DLR Cal May '12 - Carousel Inn
Old 09-20-2012, 11:51 PM   #7
Disneydreamsdancer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneegrl4eva

the only problem is that using LMT is a guarantee...priceline you cant be guaranteed you will get the Hilton....and good point about the parking...also be aware that Hilton puts a hold for $50 a day for incidentals as well...
Wow $50 a night seems a bit steep when you factor in that we're staying for 10 nights...$500 for incidentals...ah! Thanks for letting me know and the opinions from everyone! bit more relieved now!

Old 09-21-2012, 12:12 AM   #8
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."

OP was asking if the quote for LMT was right, and it was in line with what we have seen posted. Also, the rates from a few years ago are harder to come by.
Most times they include the resort fee, and I find when you call to make the reservation, they will waive parking.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:15 PM   #9
Mary09
Mouseketeer

That rate looks about right for that Hilton. It's really huge. They just want to fill rooms. I've stayed there for around that much.

I just called my hotel this morning to see if my res through Last Minute Travel is legit, because they do feel a little unprofessional in their emails. My res is legit.
Mary09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:05 PM   #10
T0rrent
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneegrl4eva View Post
the only problem is that using LMT is a guarantee...priceline you cant be guaranteed you will get the Hilton....and good point about the parking...also be aware that Hilton puts a hold for $50 a day for incidentals as well......OP might i suggest signing up for Hojo's email subscription?? They will send you emails with really good deals cheaper than hilton...and they dont charge parking...you may get a rate as low as $59 per night plus their incidental hold is $10
Just as an FYI, most major hotels, not just Hilton puts a hold for incidentals. Depending on time/room the cost can be anywhere from $20 to $50 a day. My wife works for Marriott and I still have to pay for incidentals It's something that gets adjusted off once you check out. Just sadly too many times rules about smoking get violated or people get dumb and destroy the room so it's to help offset the costs and ensure they get something out of it in case. If you have a question about incidentals or any other possible charges, call the hotel. They can answer all that for you.
T0rrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:46 PM   #11
chrissiecutie
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0rrent

Just as an FYI, most major hotels, not just Hilton puts a hold for incidentals. Depending on time/room the cost can be anywhere from $20 to $50 a day. My wife works for Marriott and I still have to pay for incidentals It's something that gets adjusted off once you check out. Just sadly too many times rules about smoking get violated or people get dumb and destroy the room so it's to help offset the costs and ensure they get something out of it in case. If you have a question about incidentals or any other possible charges, call the hotel. They can answer all that for you.
Yep! I used to work for a few major hotel chains. Rule of thumb- basic hotel/motels are $10/day for incidentals. Large hotels that offer a LOT of services are $100/day.

A pre-authorized hold is placed on your credit card. So make sure you use a credit card with plenty of avail balance and NOT your debit. Once the hotel puts this hold on your card, that amount is immediately taken from your avail credit balance. This can be a problem if the hotel holds $100/day for your 2 week vacation & your credit limit is only $1K. Make sense??

And yes, as soon as you check out, the hotel will either take from that pre-authorized hold to pay your incidentals or you can arrange another form of payment. Make sure the hotel releases the hold if you choose to use another payment method.

Since 100% of this procedure is done by front desk employees, there's lots of room for error. Most times it's done correctly, but every once in awhile an employee makes a mistake. So just keep an eye on it & ask plenty of question if needed.

Son's 1st Disneyland Trip 8/14-8/23/2008
DH Got a Job Celebratory Trip 5/29-6/2/2010
Surprise Birthday Trip for DS 2/26-3/5/2011
Halloween Trip 10/1/2012-10/4/2012

25+ Year Disneyland Vet
1st trip in 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2011
chrissiecutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:09 PM   #12
disneegrl4eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0rrent View Post
I know...but because the OP was thinking how great the price of the room per night was and cmwade was making a point to advise of parking charges, which would add to that cost, I just wanted to make sure she knew how much hilton would put a hold on the room for ...I dont know about you but even staying 3 days is an extra $150 that I have to make sure is on a card and I cant even spend that but have to incorporate in my budget for what?? im never in the room except to sleep and shower...and there are a lot of great hotels on harbor that wont charge as much that will be cheaper in Feb. so she might want to consider looking into other possibilities
Old 09-21-2012, 11:46 PM   #13
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

We paid about $65/night when we got the Hilton on Hotwire in 2007.

In 2011 I paid $109/night at the Anaheim Marriott on a cancellable rate that we didn't know if we were going to keep the reservation or not til the last minute (we were contemplating heading back to the DLH), so for virtually the same location with rooms that are not quite as nice, that's a good rate but not unbelievable.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:38 PM   #14
T0rrent
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneegrl4eva View Post
I know...but because the OP was thinking how great the price of the room per night was and cmwade was making a point to advise of parking charges, which would add to that cost, I just wanted to make sure she knew how much hilton would put a hold on the room for ...I dont know about you but even staying 3 days is an extra $150 that I have to make sure is on a card and I cant even spend that but have to incorporate in my budget for what?? im never in the room except to sleep and shower...and there are a lot of great hotels on harbor that wont charge as much that will be cheaper in Feb. so she might want to consider looking into other possibilities
Sorry for the slight necrobump as I've been moving the past few days and wishing my weekend disney trip would hurry up and get here.

The only point I was making is that a lot of major hotels now charge that incidental hold. Not just the Hilton. Regardless of it's Hilton, Marriott, Ramada, or whatever major chain hotel choice of yours, there most likely will be incidentals and to ask the reservations agent how much it will be so you can budget it in. It's annoying but after the horror stories my wife has shared with me with what people have done to rooms, and how they will try to pull a fast one to avoid paying damages you really can't fault the hotels for these holds, regardless if your living in the room, or only there for a pillow, mattress and shower.
T0rrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:57 PM   #15
disneegrl4eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0rrent View Post
Sorry for the slight necrobump as I've been moving the past few days and wishing my weekend disney trip would hurry up and get here.

The only point I was making is that a lot of major hotels now charge that incidental hold. Not just the Hilton. Regardless of it's Hilton, Marriott, Ramada, or whatever major chain hotel choice of yours, there most likely will be incidentals and to ask the reservations agent how much it will be so you can budget it in. It's annoying but after the horror stories my wife has shared with me with what people have done to rooms, and how they will try to pull a fast one to avoid paying damages you really can't fault the hotels for these holds, regardless if your living in the room, or only there for a pillow, mattress and shower.
tis true...i guess thats why when I am trying to figure out which hotel to stay at anywhere!!, i always call and find out the per day hold so that I can go with the best place at the cheapest price which includes whatever hotel tax they use too ...so if im choosing a hotel where the daily hold is almost as much as the room, I will totally bypass it altogether and move on to the next one

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: