Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #1
cgattis
DIS Veteran

Fridges?

Did the Dolphin happen to add fridges when the moderates did, or do we have to schlep our cooler again?? Thanks!
cgattis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:14 PM   #2
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

The Swan and Dolphin are not owned or operated by Disney, so the Disney moderate resort refurbs would have nothing to do with them.

That being said, the rooms at the Dolphing (and I assume, the Swan) do have a mini fridge.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 05:58 AM   #3
Missytara
I'm all ears!

When I was there several years, it had a plastic tie on the door that had to be broken to open it; indicating to the housekeeping staff you were using it - because it was loaded with goodies like a mini-bar that they charged for......
Old 09-21-2012, 02:53 PM   #4
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara
When I was there several years, it had a plastic tie on the door that had to be broken to open it; indicating to the housekeeping staff you were using it - because it was loaded with goodies like a mini-bar that they charged for......
It's different now. It's empty, but you can purchase a service they have to stock it if you want. We were at the Swan in November and it was just an empty fridge, no more minibar setup.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:56 PM   #5
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c

It's different now. It's empty, but you can purchase a service they have to stock it if you want. We were at the Swan in November and it was just an empty fridge, no more minibar setup.
That seems more logical! Silly me, I was looking for the blow dryer in drawers and stuff. The plastic tie intrigued me and I opened it.

The soda and m&m's were my downfall the rest of the week!
Old 09-21-2012, 08:18 PM   #6
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

The Mods have had fridges for years now.

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(3), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: