Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #31
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found
 
MJMcBride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,915

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco View Post
I'm one for a Pixarland...and have cars within it
I think in the end what Florida will get is NOT a full blown carsland but just the big draw, Radiator Springs Racers as part of the Pixar area

That way, it gets the big part but DCA's is still unqiue
__________________
Ms. Jobson, no one in Africa calls them Thomson's gazelles. They are tommies! tommies!


WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM


Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:58 AM   #32
BuzzBiteyear
Intergalactic Protector of the DISboards
 
BuzzBiteyear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gamma Quadrant (Michigan)
Posts: 804

We're definitely hoping for a CARSland at DHS. Since our trip in July we don't go more than probably 3 days now without DS5 saying he wants to go back to Radiator Springs. As a few others have mentioned, we enjoyed our trip to California, but it was quite a bit more expensive than our WDW trips. That said, we're already planning to go back in probably 2 years, but instead of something like a week plus trip we'd take to WDW, it likely will be for 4 or 5 days.
__________________
Me DW DS10 DS7

Camelot Inn @ Disneyland - Xmas '14| Yacht Club - Dec '13 | Ramada Plaza @ Disneyland - July '12 | All-Star Sports - June '11, Xmas '10, Nov/Dec '02 | Caribbean Beach - Aug '10 | Pop Century - Aug '09, May '09, Sept '08, Aug/Sept '07 | Brother's Apartment - April '07, Dec '06 | Fairfield Inn @ Disneyland - Aug/Sept '06 | Grand Floridian - Nov/Dec '05 | Port Orleans - Riverside Aug '03 | Offsite - Kissimmee Aug '90

BuzzBiteyear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #33
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You
 
Icecoldpenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,133

This is some of the best news I have heard in a long time. DHS is due for a re-vamp It is my favorite park but it definitely needs some help. I love Cars so so so much and I love that AoA has a cars area I did my bridal shoot pictures there with the cars for my disney wedding. Also WDWNews today has an interesting article speculating other cool changes to DHS in case you have not read it here is the link: Check it out here
__________________

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #34
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran
 
Reddog1134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMcBride View Post
I think in the end what Florida will get is NOT a full blown carsland but just the big draw, Radiator Springs Racers as part of the Pixar area

That way, it gets the big part but DCA's is still unqiue
I feel like "full blown carsland" IS the big draw. RSR is just the one you have to wait in a long line for.

I'm hearing good things about the ride, but I'm hearing great things about the immersive themeing of the entire land.
__________________
The twins are coming
Reddog1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #35
BuzzBiteyear
Intergalactic Protector of the DISboards
 
BuzzBiteyear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gamma Quadrant (Michigan)
Posts: 804

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post
I feel like "full blown carsland" IS the big draw. RSR is just the one you have to wait in a long line for.

I'm hearing good things about the ride, but I'm hearing great things about the immersive themeing of the entire land.
Absolutely! As DW said, "this is so cool" the first night we were there. DS5 is convinced that all the cars from the movies live there, it's just some were inside while we visited. We had to keep checking back, because he thought for sure if we waited long enough we'd see Sarge and Fillmore at their "houses".

He even wanted to forego the walk back to the hotel one night and just stay at Sally's Cozy Cone with Lightning McQueen (can't say that was such a bad idea, as that night's walk back was brutal after standing in line for the flying tires).
__________________
Me DW DS10 DS7

Camelot Inn @ Disneyland - Xmas '14| Yacht Club - Dec '13 | Ramada Plaza @ Disneyland - July '12 | All-Star Sports - June '11, Xmas '10, Nov/Dec '02 | Caribbean Beach - Aug '10 | Pop Century - Aug '09, May '09, Sept '08, Aug/Sept '07 | Brother's Apartment - April '07, Dec '06 | Fairfield Inn @ Disneyland - Aug/Sept '06 | Grand Floridian - Nov/Dec '05 | Port Orleans - Riverside Aug '03 | Offsite - Kissimmee Aug '90

BuzzBiteyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #36
ASteelersMidget
DIS Veteran
 
ASteelersMidget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 584

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecoldpenguin View Post
This is some of the best news I have heard in a long time. DHS is due for a re-vamp It is my favorite park but it definitely needs some help. I love Cars so so so much and I love that AoA has a cars area I did my bridal shoot pictures there with the cars for my disney wedding. Also WDWNews today has an interesting article speculating other cool changes to DHS in case you have not read it here is the link: Check it out here
The link you posted is false. The Chinese theater facade is public domain. There aren't any rights for it...

Also there will never be a monsters inc suspended coaster.

Lastly everything mentioned in the article is all the major rumors for the park in the last 10 or so years.
__________________
"so Phineas, what are we going to do tonight?"

"The same thing we try to every night Ferb!

Try to take over the world!!!!"

The Phineas, the Phineas and the Ferb, Ferb, Ferb, Ferb, Ferb.

ASteelersMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:20 PM   #37
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You
 
Icecoldpenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,133

Ok we'll I read that about the Chinese theatre in like 5 other places

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:59 PM   #38
ASteelersMidget
DIS Veteran
 
ASteelersMidget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 584

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecoldpenguin View Post
Ok we'll I read that about the Chinese theatre in like 5 other places

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Yeah. So have I. It's not true. We had a very large discussion about it maybe 4-6 months ago. That was just a rumor started about why the hat has yet to be removed.
__________________
"so Phineas, what are we going to do tonight?"

"The same thing we try to every night Ferb!

Try to take over the world!!!!"

The Phineas, the Phineas and the Ferb, Ferb, Ferb, Ferb, Ferb.

ASteelersMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:24 AM   #39
Sparrow624
"I believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
 
Sparrow624's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Durham, North Carolina
Posts: 202

Not so happy about this. I don't see Cars Land as something with "lasting magic." I said the same thing about it when it was put into motion for DisneyLand. Cars simply is not a movie that is going to have much appeal 15-20 years from now and I see this as something else that will be removed and re-done in the future.

I would have loved to have seen something done with a full theme from some of Disney's more proven long term films or like others have said, an entire PIXAR land.

I know this is not definite, but still not so great in my opinion.

Things that deserve a bigger area (not necessarily an entire land):

- Alice in Wonderland. Seriously...who would not visit Wonderland!
- Aladdin
- Nightmare Before Christmas

Even Disney's own website states that "Cars" was not a top 30 Disney movie. IMDB has it outside of the top 50 Disney movies.

Young kids may enjoy it now...but, in my opinion...no proven staying power and a bad idea.
__________________


2003 - Off Site - 2 nights 3 days
2006 - Grand Floridian 8 nights 9 days (Honeymoon)
2009 - Boardwalk - 3 nights 4 days
2011 - Grand Floridian - 7 nights 8 days (5 year Anniversary)
Sparrow624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:22 AM   #40
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...
 
pilferk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 6,556

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASteelersMidget View Post
Yeah. So have I. It's not true. We had a very large discussion about it maybe 4-6 months ago. That was just a rumor started about why the hat has yet to be removed.
The theater was built in 1927 and predates the copyright law that would/might prevent Disney from using it's image. The architecture changes to copyright law, which began in 1976, didn't become fully realized until 1989.

I'm pretty sure the effective date was 1990 (as in any building built AFTER 1990 is covered), but it could have been 1985...I can't remember for sure. It was, definitely, after 1927.

http://www.yesterland.com/removehat.html
__________________
Disney dreamin'...Somewhere!
11 9 7 (...our little Disney Souvenir)

Last edited by pilferk; 09-25-2012 at 07:30 AM.
pilferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:19 AM   #41
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found
 
MJMcBride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,915

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow624
Not so happy about this. I don't see Cars Land as something with "lasting magic." I said the same thing about it when it was put into motion for DisneyLand. Cars simply is not a movie that is going to have much appeal 15-20 years from now and I see this as something else that will be removed and re-done in the future.

I would have loved to have seen something done with a full theme from some of Disney's more proven long term films or like others have said, an entire PIXAR land.

I know this is not definite, but still not so great in my opinion.

Things that deserve a bigger area (not necessarily an entire land):

- Alice in Wonderland. Seriously...who would not visit Wonderland!
- Aladdin
- Nightmare Before Christmas

Even Disney's own website states that "Cars" was not a top 30 Disney movie. IMDB has it outside of the top 50 Disney movies.

Young kids may enjoy it now...but, in my opinion...no proven staying power and a bad idea.
Its so huge in merchandise though that I think it will have lasting power to a degree
__________________
Ms. Jobson, no one in Africa calls them Thomson's gazelles. They are tommies! tommies!


WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM


Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:56 AM   #42
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran
 
Reddog1134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilferk View Post
The theater was built in 1927 and predates the copyright law that would/might prevent Disney from using it's image. The architecture changes to copyright law, which began in 1976, didn't become fully realized until 1989.

I'm pretty sure the effective date was 1990 (as in any building built AFTER 1990 is covered), but it could have been 1985...I can't remember for sure. It was, definitely, after 1927.

http://www.yesterland.com/removehat.html
Here's the copyright LINK I posted a few months ago.
__________________
The twins are coming
Reddog1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:45 AM   #43
ASteelersMidget
DIS Veteran
 
ASteelersMidget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 584

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post
Here's the copyright LINK I posted a few months ago.
See I knew we had this discussion already.

Thanks guys for backing me up on that. I knew it happened but I couldn't find the link.
__________________
"so Phineas, what are we going to do tonight?"

"The same thing we try to every night Ferb!

Try to take over the world!!!!"

The Phineas, the Phineas and the Ferb, Ferb, Ferb, Ferb, Ferb.

ASteelersMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #44
bom_noite
DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006: 3rd Place
 
bom_noite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 638

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecoldpenguin View Post
This is some of the best news I have heard in a long time. DHS is due for a re-vamp It is my favorite park but it definitely needs some help.Check it out here
Count me in as in favor of this. DHS really needs another "draw". Also, as others have said this may reduce congestion. At opening half the people will go right - the other half left!

I guess I do understand some folks feelings on duplication. But, I thank the stars they duplicated Soarin!

I think you also have to look at it from a Disney Corporate perspective (AKA Money):
  • Cars Land is a proven winner that has helped DCA increase attendance. It should do the same at DHS.
  • It is much cheaper to duplicate / tweek an existing concept then starting from scratch.

Also, if you look at the other E-Ticket rides at DHS they are really not suited for young kids. A neighbor of mine go's on the WDW pilgrimage once a year. This guy has two little ones. He tells me they usually stick to AK and MK as they have more things for the kids to enjoy. This could be a game changer for folks in this category.

To me it is a no-brainer!

Now, let's beg them to build "Australia Land" at AK (a suggestion I saw on a different thread) and we are all set!

Last edited by bom_noite; 09-25-2012 at 11:23 AM.
bom_noite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:57 AM   #45
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...
 
pilferk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 6,556

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post
Here's the copyright LINK I posted a few months ago.
December 1, 1990 it is.
__________________
Disney dreamin'...Somewhere!
11 9 7 (...our little Disney Souvenir)
pilferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.