Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #31
Chabby
Mouseketeer

Beutiful pictures, I'm glad to see she's over her shyness. DD6 has her days and I'm still hoping with DS LOL.

I agree about the beautiful dresses, I can barely sew a button back in its place
Old 10-01-2012, 08:28 PM   #32
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
Melissa, you are one talented seamstress - the dress is so cute and fits her perfectly. And, Grandpa's t-shirt is a true testament to his dedication to that cute girl in the dress.

Your Merida photos reminded me that on the day Hurricane Isaac passed by WDW, we went to the MK and there was virtually no line for Merida. DD13 wanted to skip it and go on a ride, but DH just had to see Merida and he's all smiles in the Photopass photos.
Aww thanks! That is probably my favorite I made for the trip . It is funny that she was wearing it in both sets of pictures, because I think she has only worn it twice. She has other favorites and likes the Minnie dress much more.

Allie loved Merida and asked her where her horse was. Grandpas shirt was a retirement gift and he got a ton of comments on it the day he wore it at WDW. ~Melissa
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 08:32 PM   #33
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chabby
Beutiful pictures, I'm glad to see she's over her shyness. DD6 has her days and I'm still hoping with DS LOL.

I agree about the beautiful dresses, I can barely sew a button back in its place
I don't think she's completely over being shy we just got her on a really good day. I am glad you are enjoying the pictures and the dresses there are more to come!
Old 10-01-2012, 08:58 PM   #34
littlebit0863
Mouseketeer

I'm really enjoying the thread so far. I'm traveling with little ones soon and it's giving me some ideas. Love the magic towel idea, my 3 year old adores his Mickey one.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #35
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebit0863 View Post
I'm really enjoying the thread so far. I'm traveling with little ones soon and it's giving me some ideas. Love the magic towel idea, my 3 year old adores his Mickey one.
Great, we're glad you are enjoying it, we have fun going through the pictures and reliving the trip.

We really weren't sure how having her there would change going to WDW, which we loved so much as a couple. She really fit right in though, and we all ended up having a great time. Little things like the towel worked out so well that is fun to share them.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:13 PM   #36
Bisoubird
Earning My Ears

Subbing!

I'm following now too! We will be taking our almost 3 year old to Disney for a week in November and we are staying at WL so your TR will come in handy! Is there a list of rides that are suitable for their age or do I have to look at each ride individually? Is our first trip!

WL 11/12, CBR 10/13, WL 05/14
Old 10-03-2012, 04:03 PM   #37
pascalstongue
DIS Veteran

I'm subscribing too. We are also travelling with grandparents and the kids will be two and four so I'm following your TR with great interest.

Your DD looks so cute in her home-made outfits.

Old 10-03-2012, 04:48 PM   #38
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisoubird View Post
I'm following now too! We will be taking our almost 3 year old to Disney for a week in November and we are staying at WL so your TR will come in handy! Is there a list of rides that are suitable for their age or do I have to look at each ride individually? Is our first trip!
Great, you should have a wonderful time. Getting to stay on site and spend multiple days in the parks makes it so much more fun and relaxing, you should really enjoy it. We LOVE WL too, so you should be happy with that choice. As far as rides go, we are probably less focused on them than most people. We have gotten used to going to Disney to walk around, people watch, and enjoy the whole experience, and we just aren't as ride focused as we used to be when we would try to fit everything into a single day at Disneyland. We do recommend learning something about the rides ahead of time though, and we liked the Birnbaum's Walt Disney World for Kids book. That gave a good kids perspective on the different rides, even though the kids it is written for / by were older than ours. It gives you enough of a feel for what the rides are like so you can figure out what your DD will be most interested in. Height restrictions keep the little ones from riding the fast scary rides, but there are other rides that they can ride but still might be scared by. It took Allie quite a while to work up to riding Pirates of the Carribean, but she ended up enjoying it and saying that it wasn't too scary because Hook wasn't in it... We'll point out the rides we did in each park and be sure to mention Allie's favorites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pascalstongue View Post
I'm subscribing too. We are also travelling with grandparents and the kids will be two and four so I'm following your TR with great interest.

Your DD looks so cute in her home-made outfits.
Thank you for the compliment on the dresses. They were a fun part of getting ready for the trip, and I think Allie enjoyed wearing them.

Having Grandparents along worked out pretty neat. We had all sorts of fears going into it about trying to keep everyone happy, but by having time together and doing some things seperate (not to mention time to nap for whoever needed it) it all worked out great. We're glad to have you following along and feel free to ask about whatever details we miss.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:05 PM   #39
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

A Little Shoppin and A Little Rockin

On Wednesday our only scheduled ADR was dinner at WCC, right in the WL lobby so we had our schedule pretty open. We figured it would be a good point in the week for a break, and we still hadn't been to Downtown Disney so that was the plan to start the day. After sleeping late and eating donuts and a cinnamon scone we got the night before with dinner in the room, we went downstairs and waited for a Downtown Disney bus. This was our longest bus wait of the trip, at almost half an hour. It wasn't too crowded though, and we got to Downtown Disney about 11 AM. As soon as we got off the Bus Allie saw a jumping water play area and wanted to go check it out. Melissa had spare clothes if she needed them, but Allie is pretty cautious and likes figuring stuff out, so she watched the fountain and figured out how it worked, and believe it or not stayed dry.

I carried sandals that she could wear in the water along with a bathing suit in the backpack for the trip just in case along with the usual change of clothes everyone carries when they have a toddler.

Then we headed into a store. Allie picked out a cupcake recipe board book, which she really enjoyed looking at. We got some more post cards to send home, and then went into the Christmas store, one of our "must visit" places since we had gotten a custom ornament there during our honeymoon. We saw one of the custom samples that we liked, and decided to have them add Allie's name to it. We also got a big Mickey ball ornament and had the year and "Allison's first visit" painted on it. The CM did a great job making sure we knew which artist would be doing the painting and that we liked her work. We had met her earlier in the store, and knew to ask for her based on the sample we picked. We ordered the ornaments, and decided to have them shipped to the resort when they were done so we could see how they turned out without having to pick them up ourselves.

We also stopped to do a penny press. This turned out to be one of our better ideas for the trip. Since we figured Allie wouldn’t be that into character autographs, we brought quarters and a new roll of pennies to do the penny press machines wherever we saw them. We got MnMs minis tubes to carry the coins in, so whenever we found a machine we could easily get to some coins and make a souvenir. She loved getting to pick her favorite of the three designs at any machine we found, and we got her a book to keep them in. She likes picking where to put each one, and is very particular about that. It made a nice thing for her to do that left her with an almost full book by the end of the trip.

By now it had started to rain and was lunch time, and based upon the trip reports we had read before we came, we wanted to try Wolfgang Puck Express, and in particular the meatloaf sandwich. WPE is on the dining plan, and is a quick service meal. It was a great dining plan bargain, and the food was amazing. We really enjoyed the meatloaf sandwich, it just had so many good flavors mixed together and was served with tasty skinny fries. This was Grandpa's favorite food item of the trip, and was right up there on my list too.

I got the Cavatapi Alfredo so I could share easier with Allie. While it was super yummy I didn't think it was anything super special. Allie really enjoyed sharing the french fries with daddy. I got the Creme Brule for dessert and really enjoyed that.

By this point Grandpa had his fill of shopping, and with us just having been to two stores we were just getting started. He didn't want to rush us, so he said he'd head back to the room, but would make a detour to the mini market for some less than Disney priced adult beverages. He found his way to the mini market and went back to the room while Grandma Allie and I kept shopping. We went to the toy store and put together a box of Mr. Potato Head parts, since that was on out to do list as well. Allie also colored with Grandma while Mommy checked out.

Paul also got a Lightning McQueen Lego car and we got Allie a Minnie Mouse dress up doll set that we miraculously were able to sneak home and wrap up for her birthday the next week.

Allie generally does really well shopping, but she has her moments and one of them was leaving the sports store. She wasn't excited by the stickers that many CMs would offer her, so she would usually turn them down. Well, one very nice CM went and looked for a better sticker that she might like more. Usually she would have appreciated getting a different sticker, but today she was certain she didn't want one. I offered to hold it for her, but she didn't want me to have it either. Seeing Allie's tantrum building, the CM offered her one of her pin trading pins from her lanyard. Allie hasn't done any pin trading before (and neither have we) but we were so impressed by this nice CM offering to give Allie any pin. We agreed on a pink one before Allie totally melted, still mad about the sticker. After some time with Mommy, she calmed down and was ready to go to the soap store. She loved Basin, and we got her an assortment of soap pieces so she can smell the different ones. Then, finally we were on to the big World of Disney store. We got some more stuff, including a shirt and sweatshirt for Melissa, and just loved looking around. By now Grandma was ready to head back, so she went to the busses and the three of us continued on. Allie was asleep in the stroller, and a CM came by and offered to sprinkle her with pixie dust for when she woke up. She liberally applied glitter to her legs, feet, and the stroller, but it was a real hit when Allie woke up. She said it was from Tinkerbelle, and that she saw her.

With Allie still asleep, we could do whatever we wanted so we decided to do some more resort hopping and we walked to SSR. It was a nice pretty walk once we figured out that we just had to cross the bridge behind Rain Forest Cafe. From there the walking paths were marked and we strolled along the water and by a pool and playground. We found a map and finally the central hall with the gift shop and restaurants. It looked like a beautiful resort, but the walk to DTD from most of it was pretty long. Even the walk to the boat dock would be a long way from most of it, so riding busses to get around in the resort would be pretty common.

From there, we hopped on a MK bus which came within a few minutes. Then we looped through SSR to the other bus stops, and got to MK within about 25 minutes. There wasn't a WL bus waiting, so we walked to the boat dock and took a boat back to WL, and arrived in time to go up to the room for about 5 minutes before dinner.
Then we headed downstairs to Whispering Canyon Cafe, which had been pretty calm all week. We weren't sure how Allie would do with the loud activities, but we remembered the food was good so we gave it a try. We were seated almost immediately, in a relatively quiet corner.

Within a few minutes everybody got up to do the hokey pokey she was ok until our table stood up too, then she was reduced to tears. I don't know if it was the noise or sheer embarrassment but I had to take her out of the restaurant until she calmed down. The rest of dinner was fairly uneventful and Allie really enjoyed sharing my Caramel shake.

I enjoyed the meal at WCC, but the ribs weren’t as good as the ones we had at TE. The pulled pork was really good, but I understand that with recent menu changes it has been removed from the platter. I would still come back for the activities if Allie wanted to get into them more, but otherwise I would probably skip WCC next time, at least for dinner.
I would go back for dessert. I got the apple pie and Paul got the chocolate cake. The chocolate cake was yummy but the apple pie was divine! I agree about skipping it next time at least while Allie is so freaked out by the hokey pokey and other shenanigans.

After dinner, Grandpa took our desserts up to the room since none of us were ready for them yet, and then we walked over to see the Villas. At WL, the Villas are in a building right next door connected by the covered walkway that leads to the bus stop. They have a nice big lobby with multiple rooms, one of which has train memorabilia from Walt Disney. We would definitely enjoy staying here sometime. We walked down to the pool and watched an afternoon rain shower for a bit before heading back up to the rooms.

Tonight Grandma offered to stay and play with Allie if we wanted to go out to a park, so they sat and watched movies on Grandma’s laptop while Grandpa, Melissa, and I headed to Hollywood Studios. This was the only park we hadn’t been to yet, so it seemed like a good choice. Without Allie, it would also be a good chance for us to ride faster rides, so we headed straight to Rockin’ Roller Coaster, which we missed on our honeymoon trip as well. Grandpa wasn’t sure he’d follow through with it, but he stuck it out and ended up really enjoying the ride. It was a very nice smooth roller coaster, with magnetic launch (the engineer in me just loves that), and very smooth loops and rolls. Grandpa thought it was a great ride, and had his faith in his riding ability restored after not enjoying Space Mountain.
Rockin Roller coaster is now my second favorite roller coaster, right behind California Screamin at California Adventure.

We got off the roller coaster just in time for Fantasmic, so we decided to check it out. We really enjoy Fantasmic at Disneyland, so it was cool to see how they did it at HS, with its own separate arena area. We enjoyed it, but were glad that we didn’t have Allie with us since there were some times it got pretty intense, and we noticed lots of parents walking out with screaming children in the middle.

The show had a nice happy ending though, and you could get a great view of the characters.

After Fantasmic the park was closed, so we headed for the bus. We didn’t have much of a wait at all, and got on a bus and even had seats. Within half an hour we were back at the hotel, and met back up with Allie and Grandma who had been having fun playing and watching videos. This was the only time all trip that we went to a park without Allie, but she had a great time with Grandma and I don’t think there was anything she missed that she would have enjoyed.

Since Allie was still up we decided it was bath time. I finally figured out to use one of the disposable coffee cups I had brought to rinse her hair. After bath I filled out nine more postcards, wrote some more in the trip journal (I am so glad we kept a journal this trip. It takes a bit of time to keep up with but having all the little vacation details written down are priceless, especially being able to save it for Allie someday who I'm sure won't remember the trip. We are definitely doing another one next year.), and then crashed.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:20 PM   #40
nmills
Mouseketeer

Do they have the pressed penny books to purchase there? We are headed to BBB at the DTD location with my daughter before we head to MK and didn't know if you knew if they had them there...? I thought it would be something for my son to do while she had her special birthday surprise. I am loving following your TR and all your photos, your little one is so cute. I think we will have some tortured toddler photos in November, but I am looking forward to them!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:42 PM   #41
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmills
Do they have the pressed penny books to purchase there? We are headed to BBB at the DTD location with my daughter before we head to MK and didn't know if you knew if they had them there...? I thought it would be something for my son to do while she had her special birthday surprise. I am loving following your TR and all your photos, your little one is so cute. I think we will have some tortured toddler photos in November, but I am looking forward to them!
I imagine they would have the penny books somewhere in DTD they are usually located on top of the penny machines. We got ours in the emporium at the MK but I'm pretty sure we saw them in every park and at DTD too. Allie really loves them and now we have to do them every time we go to Disneyland too. I can't wait to do BBB with Allie it looks like so much fun! Thanks for following along ~Melissa
Old 10-06-2012, 11:51 AM   #42
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

I Tried Mommy...

Today was another leisurely wake up day and I finally felt good and wanted a waffle for breakfast. Paul ran down to RF and got strawberry waffles for us to share, I was so excited when he brought them back because they were MICKEY WAFFLES. This truly made my morning :-)

We had a lunch ADR in the MK so we took the boat over there to start the day.

The crowds were really light in the morning, and it felt like we had the park to ourselves. Looking at the picture below, there wasn’t anyone else around.

We decided to pick up where we left off earlier in the trip and head into Frontierland and towards Pirates. The size of the park impressed us and we were starting to get a bit of a feel for what was where.

On our way to find Pirates of the Carribean (my favorite ride at Disneyland, surprisingly we didn't do it at DW on our honeymoon) we saw that the line for Splash Mountain was only 10 minutes. I couldn't pass up the opportunity and despite minor grumblings from the boys about the potential of getting wet I convinced them we had to ride it.

Yeah, even at home we rarely ride Splash Mountain, mainly because of the long lines, but also because I can be a baby about being wet for the rest of the day. I was reluctant to do it first thing, but we couldn’t pass on the short wait time.

Nancy hung out with Allie while the rest of us rode. The logs are bigger in Florida than in California and you get to sit side by side with a lap bar as opposed to one in front of the other. It was fun and a little different then the DL version and we didn't get too wet. The guy in front of us soaked his video camera though, I thought it was funny, I mean really you ride on a log ride with your video camera out and don't expect it to get wet? After Splash we found Pirates. I insisted Allie take a potty break (back-story: Allie peed on me the last time we rode Pirates at DL, looked up at me said "Mommy I have to go potty" and then just went... on my lap... while we were on the boat) so after every one was done with that we basically walked on the ride. It was noticeably different from the DL version and was shorter too. The one in CA is still my favorite.

I was very surprised at the difference between Pirates at DL and MK. The MK version was so much shorter that a large section in the beginning seemed to be missing, and you actually get off the boats before they go up the lift and back to the entrance. It was still good, just different, and noticeably shorter (which I guess would have come in handy that last time when Allie had to go potty…)

We left the stroller parked and walked over to the Jungle Cruise. Allie likes this one at DL and the FL version didn't disappoint. It was a longer ride with the same great corny jokes and the ever famous backside of water. I had seen coconuts in the Pirates "dump shop" to mail home and I wanted to send one to my sister. She had just moved into the dorms at Cal State Long Beach and was starting the first week of her freshman year and she HATES coconut on or in anything so I thought it would be a fun gift. It cost $22.00 I think for the coconut and the shipping, you fill out everything right there (they even have a sharpie) and mail it for you. She got in a couple days and said it was pretty funny and now it lives on her desk .

I was really looking forward to lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern. We hadn't eaten here before but I had heard great things about it. We checked in a couple minutes early and it didn't take long before we were seated. I ordered the pot roast, Paul got the chicken pasta dish, and we decided to buy Allie mac and cheese with apple slices. The pot roast was excellent, Paul liked the pasta, and Allie didn't eat much of the mac and cheese but that doesn't mean it wasn't good. We got the ooey gooey toffee cake and the strawberry rhubarb crisp for dessert, both were good but we both liked the toffee cake the best. Allie ate just a little of her sundae. She wasn't a big eater on this trip, she's hit or miss with how much she'll eat.

I was really impressed by LTT too. It wasn’t one of my favorite ADRs going into the trip, as I had just gone with it because of its location. The food ended up being very nice, and it made for a very comfortable break in the middle of a MK day. I would really like to do lunch there again. They had a great looking Cheeseburger that my Mom got, but I resisted the urge and went with the pasta which I really enjoyed. Like Melissa said though, the Desserts were great, and I loved the toffee cake despite not ordering it because I was afraid it would be too “toffee-ey” which, after trying it, I determined it was not, since it was way more ice cream then toffee.

When the waiter brought the checks he also brought a gift for Jim and Nancy for their anniversary, a Mickey and Minnie Christmas ornament. It was so nice of them.

After lunch we went over to the Hall of Presidents which I enjoyed. Paul and I just finished reading a biography about James Garfield (HIGHLY recommend the book Destiny of the Republic by Candice Millard) and noticed after he introduced himself he patted his vice president on the back, very nice touch by Disney. Allie was ready for another real ride so we headed for the carousel. She wanted to ride a horse with a lion on it but we settled for one with an eagle and feathers.

The three of us rode the carousel and Grandma and Grandpa sat nearby and watched.

We heard rumors of people getting in to preview the New Fantasyland, and saw some people be escorted through a door in the construction wall by a cast member, but unfortunately we weren’t in that group.

After that we made our way down main street to check out a watch Nancy had seen on the first day and to get the sweatshirt I wanted. We took a boat back to the resort before the parade got going so we could have the afternoon to rent a pontoon boat.

I ran up to the room to drop some things off and grab the coupon for the boat rental that came with the room package. We walked by the pool, which was not crowded at all for 3:45 in the afternoon, and met back up by the boat rental dock.

We got down to the rental place about 3:45 and started the process of filling out paperwork and trying on lifejackets. I could tell Allie was getting tired and wasn't in a great mood but I went with it. We put the lifejacket on Allie and she just fell apart, screaming and crying and basically hating life. We have a boat and she'll fall asleep on it but this was a different life jacket, different boat, different day. She was still crying and a mess as we got on the boat and left the dock.

I finally decided she didn't need to be miserable no matter how tired she was so Paul brought us back to the dock and everyone else went out to explore on the boat. When I took the lifejacket off Allie immediately calmed down and said "Mommy I'm sorry I cried but I tried." My sweet girl tried. So now it was just the two of us and Allie just wanted to play so she played on the playground and in the sand on the beach. It was great down time for her and a great, go with the flow lesson. She met a friend and I talked to her mom for a while. We played on the beach until they got back with the boat so it was about an hour.

Taking the pontoon boat out was my “big thing” that I wanted to do on the trip, since we had a ball doing it on our honeymoon. I was sad that Allie wasn’t having a good time, and was hoping she would fall asleep or get over it, but Melissa made the right call by taking her back to shore. We were able to text back and forth, and I took Grandma and Grandpa over to the Seven Seas Lagoon to boat up to the front of MK. We got this picture right up front:

Then we circled around for a waterfront tour of GF and the Poly before going back over the water bridge. We got this picture of different modes of Disney transportation as we crossed the bridge. The cool part was there was a bus underneath us at the time too…

Since things were going well on the beach, we decided to stay out for our second half hour and we did a lap around Discovery Island. It is interesting to think about how it used to be a mini animal park before Animal Kingdom opened.

We were the only rental boat out on the lake, and since it was getting close to 5 PM the marinas were about to close. We got to talk to a couple different lake patrol people (not because we did anything wrong, just because I think they were bored and looking for something to do.) Then we circled back by the WL beach for a few more pictures before taking the boat back. Here I am in front of my favorite hotel, and you can see Allie and Melissa on the beach in the corner.

After the boat we headed back up to the rooms to recharge phone batteries and to relax a bit. When we started getting restless we decided dinner at the Poly sounded like fun so we took a boat to the Contemporary and then the Monorail to the Poly. We walked around a bit and checked out the gift shop then headed down to Captain Cooks for dinner.

Paul got the burger and fries and I got the grown up grilled cheese with poly chips. Allie finally fell asleep right before we ordered so no food for her.

It was the first food of the trip that was just 'meh'. It wasn't really bad, except for the poly chips which were basically inedible, but I wouldn't order the grilled cheese again.

It was a nice and quiet dinner though with Allie sleeping. We finally got to try a Dole Whip. We split a swirl and really liked it, now I see what all the buzz is about :-) We also got a chocolate macadamia nut cupcake to go.

I also wasn’t too impressed with the burger, but I think I was spoiled by a similar one at Roarin Fork. The dessert was good though, and I would definitely go back for a Dole Whip. The swirl seemed to be a great mixture of pineapple without being too sweet. The Poly has a nice pool, water view, and a neat location since you can hop on the monorail in the lobby or walk to the TTC to get an Epcot monorail. It is spread out between multiple buildings though.

We walked from there over to the TTC and enjoyed the resort along the way. It's a pretty resort, just not really our style, we really love the WL. Once at the TTC we rode the Monorail to Epcot. Just as we went into the Art of Animation store Jim called and said he was coming in the park.

We wanted to get Allie a mouse ear hat to match her DL one, so we headed to MouseGear and had one embroidered. We thought it would be cute to have similar ones from each coast. After we left the store, Grandpa wanted to see Illuminations based on our recommendation from a couple nights earlier. Allie was still asleep in the stroller, and the crowds were really light, so we got a spot right near the water with only half an hour to go before the show. While Grandpa babysat Allie, Melissa and I went over and checked out a shop in Canada and bought her a stuffed goat (she loves the Disney goats) and Melissa got a Disney cookbook. Then we went back and watched Illuminations together, and were again impressed.

It was particularly neat when they launched some fireworks from right in front of where we were by the water. The people next to us almost jumped out of their skin. After the show we headed for the buses and got a quick ride back to WL.

I can't believe Allie slept through all the noise of Illuminations but she didn't wake up until we were getting on the bus. She was so funny when she woke up and saw her new ear hat "I don't need more ears I almost have some." (Almost and already are interchangeable in her vocabulary). She was pretty hungry by the time we got back to the room so she had a pouch of applesauce, a Grammy Sammy, and half an uncrustables. We had brought some snack food from home and got the uncrustables with our garden grocer order of juice boxes and water. For dessert we shared the chocolate macadamia cupcake and the apple pie from Whispering Canyon, both were very good and successfully sent Allie on a sugar high. I'm not sure if it was so much the sugar or the fact that she napped so late in the day but she was WILD. It was the only night of the trip I had to pull her into bed with us. She calmed down in our bed and we all fell asleep. At about 3:45 I made Paul move her back over to her own bed so I could get some good sleep.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #43
Emteach
DIS Veteran

Just joining in! Loving the TR so far, we returned from Disney in August and I have finally managed to start a TR as well. Your little lady is adorable and I love her handmade outfits!

WDW Polynesian (August 2012)
WDW All Star Movies (August 2006)
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort (December 1996)
WDW Off-Property (December 1992)

DDP Review
Party of 5: August 2012 Dining Review with the Queen of Chicken Nuggets (With Pics)
[URL="http://http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2998041&highlight=picky+eaters"]

Disney World - August 2012 - Trip Report
Picky Eaters, Sore Feet, Hurricanes...After 6 Yrs Nothing will get in our way!
Old 10-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #44
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emteach
Just joining in! Loving the TR so far, we returned from Disney in August and I have finally managed to start a TR as well. Your little lady is adorable and I love her handmade outfits!
Great! We are enjoying writing the trip report and going through the pictures and our trip journal. It really help that we took notes, we find ourselves asking things like "which day did we eat there?" or "what did we do after Hollywood Studios?" We'll enjoy checking out your TR as well.

Thanks for the compliments and for following along.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #45
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

I'm really enjoying your report...great photos and excellent storytelling...kudos! Allie's outfits are precious (I'm in awe of your seamstress abilities)! It's been a long time since I've been to Disney with a toddler, and you're bringing back lots of fond memories of "way back when"!

Tags
allie, report, toddler, trip

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: