DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #1
GrnMtnMan
DIS Veteran

When Can I Actually Get a Point Transfer?

Next year I'm considering staying at a DVC resort other than my home one. I'd like to make my reservation in the 11 month window since October is popular for this resort.

When would I be able to do a transfer that allowed this? I'd be comfortable banking someone points, but I just can't figure out when the member who has the points at my intended resort can actually call MS and transfer them to me. Does that member's use year have to have started? Or could they call now and say they want their 2013 points to go to me?

If there's a primer somewhere, please point me to this, but in looking a the stickies I didn't see anything that addressed the timing.
Dolphin 10/04
DL - Grand Californian 3/06
Disneyland Paris 9/07
Swan 9/08, 6/10
BLT 9/09, 12/10 - Father-Daughter Trip, 10/11, 10/12, 10/13, 10/14

Disney-Like: Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, 3/11, 4/12, 3/13, 4/14, 4/15
GrnMtnMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:42 PM   #2
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

The member can do a transfer with 2013 point right now

Transfers are subject to the following restrictions:

a. Transferred Home Resort Vacation Points associated with any Ownership Interest owned by a Club Member who did not purchase such Ownership Interest directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. may not be used for any Club Member benefit program that does not transfer with the transfer of the Ownership Interest (including, without limitation, the benefit programs known as the Adventurer Collection, Concierge Collection and Disney Collection).

b. Both Club Members must be current on their Annual Dues and monthly payments (if applicable), and any other outstanding balances, including, but not limited to, fees associated with any exchange programs, miscellaneous services booked by Member Services in connection with Club Member
reservations, and any incidental charges and/or balances due in relation to DVC Resort stays, in order to give or receive a Transfer. Both Club Members must be closed in order to participate in a Transfer.

c. All Transferred Home Resort Vacation Points retain the Use Year of the transferring Club Member and expire at the end of the transferring Club Member's Use Year, unless they are Banked.

d. Once Banked, Transferred Home Resort Vacation Points will expire at the end of the Transferring Club Member’s next Use Year, unless they are used. In addition, Transferred Home Resort Vacation Points cannot be un-Banked or returned to their original Use Year.

e. The Club Member who is Transferring the Home Resort Vacation Points to another Club Member is still responsible for the Annual Dues payment on those Transferred Home Resort Vacation Points.

f. Banked or Borrowed Home Resort Vacation Points may not be Transferred.

g. Transferred Home Resort Vacation Points may not be Borrowed or returned to the Transferring Club Member.

DougEMG is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 02:47 PM   #3
GrnMtnMan
DIS Veteran

Thanks again. I should realize that the helpful people are here and on MO.
Dolphin 10/04
DL - Grand Californian 3/06
Disneyland Paris 9/07
Swan 9/08, 6/10
BLT 9/09, 12/10 - Father-Daughter Trip, 10/11, 10/12, 10/13, 10/14

Disney-Like: Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, 3/11, 4/12, 3/13, 4/14, 4/15
GrnMtnMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:25 PM   #4
WebmasterDoc
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

Transfers may be made from the current and next Use Year. A member could even make two transfers with one call to MS. The transferred points will go into the same Use Year (2012/2013) as the receiving member regardless of the Use month.

For a trip in October, 2013 you could use transferred points from the 2012 Use Year (from February - September) by banking the points after the transfer so they would be valid in October, 2013 - or from points from the 2013 Use Year (February - October Use months). The only points that would not work would be points transferred from the December, 2013 Use Year since they could not be borrowed for a trip in October, 2013. (Of course, December, 2013 Use Year points cananot be transferred until December, 2012 since they are still in the 2011 Use Year at this time.)
Old 09-20-2012, 06:15 PM   #5
tomandrobin
DIS Veteran

deja vue

Where all of our dreams come true!

tomandrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #6
Jerryg
Earning My Ears

So in reading this, is the following scenario allowed?

Last week, I had 250 points transferred by another member to be used in May 2013. I then decide that for the same week I would like to switch resorts, bu the same oom type is 25 points more... Can another member transfer the additional 25 points into my account or am I restricted to the one transfer I've had?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterDoc View Post
Transfers may be made from the current and next Use Year. A member could even make two transfers with one call to MS. The transferred points will go into the same Use Year (2012/2013) as the receiving member regardless of the Use month.

For a trip in October, 2013 you could use transferred points from the 2012 Use Year (from February - September) by banking the points after the transfer so they would be valid in October, 2013 - or from points from the 2013 Use Year (February - October Use months). The only points that would not work would be points transferred from the December, 2013 Use Year since they could not be borrowed for a trip in October, 2013. (Of course, December, 2013 Use Year points cananot be transferred until December, 2012 since they are still in the 2011 Use Year at this time.)
Jerryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:02 PM   #7
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryg View Post
So in reading this, is the following scenario allowed?

Last week, I had 250 points transferred by another member to be used in May 2013. I then decide that for the same week I would like to switch resorts, bu the same oom type is 25 points more... Can another member transfer the additional 25 points into my account or am I restricted to the one transfer I've had?

Thanks!
The rule is one transfer per use year, so you would not be able to do a transfer of points in the same use year as the points you just had transferred. If they were 2012 points, you could do 2013 and vice versa.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:56 PM   #8
Jerryg
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekjones1558 View Post
The rule is one transfer per use year, so you would not be able to do a transfer of points in the same use year as the points you just had transferred. If they were 2012 points, you could do 2013 and vice versa.
It's all pretty confusing. I haven't a clue what use year the points transferred to me are from.

There sure are lots of strict rules.

So let's say I went to change the aforementioned reservation and when I made it, I bought 5 points at the time of the reservation. If I essentially cancel that reservation and make a new one that requires another 5 points, am I allowed to purchase those when I make the reservation or is it one point purchase per year?

Thanks!
Old 11-03-2012, 05:41 AM   #9
WebmasterDoc
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryg View Post
It's all pretty confusing. I haven't a clue what use year the points transferred to me are from.

There sure are lots of strict rules.

So let's say I went to change the aforementioned reservation and when I made it, I bought 5 points at the time of the reservation. If I essentially cancel that reservation and make a new one that requires another 5 points, am I allowed to purchase those when I make the reservation or is it one point purchase per year?

Thanks!
The one-time-use points are supposed to be purchased only once per Use Year. However, in this case I would certainly ask MS if you can still purchase 5 more points since you are not yet at the limit of 24 per Use Year.

Good luck!
Old 11-03-2012, 08:41 AM   #10
Jerryg
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterDoc View Post
The one-time-use points are supposed to be purchased only once per Use Year. However, in this case I would certainly ask MS if you can still purchase 5 more points since you are not yet at the limit of 24 per Use Year.

Good luck!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: