Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2012, 08:55 PM   #76
Lintasare
Holy
Hello. My name is Inigo Peeptoya...you ate my father...prepare to die
Ok fess up...who killed the riddle?

Was in the lounge today. It was nice but very small and it was loud. They let a lot of people in at a time. The soda machine was not working so all they had to drink at the time was lemonade and water.

They had wristbands for both Eat to the Beat and Illuminations. The Illuminations viewing area is at the front of World Showcase between the gift shops. It opens half an hour before the show starts.

Waiting for it to open right now.

Lintasare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:42 PM   #77
ellie05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintasare View Post
Was in the lounge today. It was nice but very small and it was loud. They let a lot of people in at a time. The soda machine was not working so all they had to drink at the time was lemonade and water.

They had wristbands for both Eat to the Beat and Illuminations. The Illuminations viewing area is at the front of World Showcase between the gift shops. It opens half an hour before the show starts.

Thanks for the info!

ellie05 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2012, 09:44 PM   #78
phyllis1966
DIS addict who eats vicariously through others on the Restaurant Board
It makes me feel old when a young whippersnapper calls me "ma'am"

Quote:

Yippee! I'm very happy to hear about the wristbands for the IllumiNations viewing area.

May 2006::December 2006 - surprise 40th Birthday family trip!!!
November 2007::November 2009::November 2010
November 2011 - GF surprised us with upgrade to RPC-TPV!::October 2012 - GF surprised us again - upgraded to Sugarloaf for 20th Anniversary!::July 2014 - Aulani!::F&WF Quickie October 2014
Sweet 16 Trip to Disneyland - July 2015

Our little family: DH and me ~ DD15 ~ Gracie
phyllis1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:20 AM   #79
Sam's_Mom
Mouseketeer

I am interested in the wristbands too. Can someone let us know where the seats were and if during Illuminations there was enough seating?
Old 09-30-2012, 04:04 PM   #80
Lintasare
Holy
Hello. My name is Inigo Peeptoya...you ate my father...prepare to die
Ok fess up...who killed the riddle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam's_Mom View Post
I am interested in the wristbands too. Can someone let us know where the seats were and if during Illuminations there was enough seating?
It is in the area between the two giftshops at the entrance to Wirld Showcase. There was plenty of room last night. Though there are no actual seats, standing room only.

Lintasare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:20 PM   #81
Jiminy'sGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefordis View Post
You need a Disney Visa card to gain access. I would take the Festival food up there, since there is little seating at F&W.

Email:

As a Disney’s Visa® Cardmember, you’ll receive access to the Chase Lounge during the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival presented by Chase. The Festival runs from September 28 to November 12, 2012.

This private location gives you and your Guests a chance to
rest and relax and enjoy a refreshing beverage during the Festival. Be sure to visit the Lounge to find out about special benefits you can receive throughout the Festival.

Experience a world of fine cuisine at the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival presented by Chase.

See the World Showcase transform into a food-lover’s paradise, with over 25 regional marketplaces, offering a sumptuous selection of ethnic and regional dishes. Explore the cuisine, culture and entertainment from more than two-dozen countries and six continents. You may also experience culinary demonstrations, nightly musical
performances and so much more.

To learn more about this year’s Epcot® International
Food & Wine Festival presented by Chase, click here.
I got an email inviting us to this and I only have a normal Chase card -- not Disney. I did use said Chase card to book the trip, so perhaps this is why I got the email?
Jiminy'sGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #82
thedonduck
DIS Veteran

Location: From the home of the Pack to the house of the mouse!

Were they handing out wristbands all day or just at certain times? I would love to take advantage. Also did they just ask to see your credit card/debit card? I have been with Chase for 26 years, so hopefully that's all the want to see!
*Magic - Oct. 2009 (Honeymoon) 7 Night Western Caribbean*Wonder - Oct 2010 4 Night Bahamas *Dream - July 2011 5 Night Double Dip *Fantasy - September 2013 7 Night Eastern Caribbean *Magic - April 2014 4 Night Bahamas *Wonder- Oct 2014 4 Night Double Dip *Fantasy- Oct 2015- 7 Night Eastern Caribbean

WDW- Too many times to count
Resorts: POP, All Star Sports, Saratoga Springs, Contemporary, Animal Kingdom Kidani Village, Port Orleans-Riverside

A cheesehead who moved to Mouse World... hope we don't melt
thedonduck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:35 PM   #83
LJD2143
DIS Veteran & DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintasare

I was there yesterday too, in the morning......pretty small room....coffee, juice, tea, pastries and fruit were offered.....soda machine not working.

To get in, had to show Chase credit card.

We walked right in, but by the time we left, there was a line to get in. Obviously there is an occupancy limit, because they would only allow people to enter as people left.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
2000 Wilderness Lodge 2006 Polynesian 2007 Polynesian 2008 Polynesian/Disney Wonder 2009 Grand Floridian SugarLoaf
2010 Wilderness Lodge 2011 Bay Lake Tower 2012 Boardwalk Villas 2012 Beach Club Villas 2013 Boardwalk Villas 2014 Aulani 2014 Animal Kingdom Villas
LJD2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #84
Maleficent53
Have fun storming the castle...

Quote:

I am interested in the wristbands and will try to arrive early that day. I am sure they will have limited numbers of them to hand out due to space limitations. Sounds like all Chase cards, not just Disney, can get into the lounge, so there could be thousands of invites out there (obviously not all will respond). Plus the guests (up to 9 per cardholder) so bands will go fast.

I will be watching for updates - please post details if you arrive at the lounge and the bands are gone ---- what time?

1979-1983-1988-1989-1992-1993-1995-1996-1997-1998-1999-2000---and at least once every year since!
Maleficent53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:17 PM   #85
cmcinc
Mouseketeer

We will be there at the end of Oct and will check it out too.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:30 PM   #86
queen mimi
Mouseketeer

For those of you who have actually gone, I have a couple of questions. Where exactly is the lounge located? Does it open at 8 on early morning hours? What is the regular time that it opens? We are coming to WDW next week particularly to see Boyz II Men and I would love to have a guaranteed seat! Tried to buy a dinner package but it was not offered. Thanks for any info. (Well, Boyz II Men is not the only reason!!)
queen mimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:45 PM   #87
JohnneeO
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by silmarg View Post
Chase is a sponsor for F&W this year. I don't believe they were in prior years.
Chase has set up a lunge like this at the US Open (tennis) over the last two Opens, where they have been a sponsor for years. Similar to what I read here; admission required, capacity controls, comfortable air conditioned place to get out of the weather, light refreshments.
JohnneeO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #88
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

The lounge is SMALL. There are not a lot of seats. You can stay as long as you want -but there may be a line waiting outside to get in. When I was there, the soda machine worked, but the coffee/hot water machine was broken. There is a small, two or three stall bathroom. Food was not offered with the exception of Werthers hard candies. WiFi worked well.

It is located at the back of the former Wonders pavilion, which is functioning as the Festival center. The entrance is to the right of the culinary demo area, next to the chocolate section.

Quote:
Can someone let us know where the seats were and if during Illuminations there was enough seating?
There are no seats for Illuminations, that is a standing area that is roped off.

Last edited by TDC Nala; 10-02-2012 at 04:23 PM.
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:23 PM   #89
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

I don't get it...

I have no desire to go based on the posts on here and the "preferred viewing" so? I never have that much trouble getting a spot for Illuminations...
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:26 PM   #90
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I will go back, they have free Diet Coke.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: