Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2012, 06:45 AM   #46
Kteacher
Not your average kindergarten teacher
Judge Judy stole my iced tea!
REALLY good at keeping secrets

I received the email as well. I'll check it out in a couple weeks when we are there. It is too far from the festival kiosks to carry food to eat there, but it will be interesting to see what the set up is.

Kteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:10 AM   #47
GenevieveRaqs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntfrannie View Post
My expectations are even lower! I'm guessing just a place to sit & rest. The benefits from the Disney card are insignificant so I don't expect them to offer anything free to drink. (But I hope I'm wrong).
The e-mail specifically mentions complimentary beverages.
GenevieveRaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 08:00 AM   #48
lucas
°o°

I got the email, too. Can't wait to check it out.

lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:07 AM   #49
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefordis View Post
You need a Disney Visa card to gain access. I would take the Festival food up there, since there is little seating at F&W.

Email:

As a Disney’s Visa® Cardmember, you’ll receive access to the Chase Lounge during the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival presented by Chase. The Festival runs from September 28 to November 12, 2012.

This private location gives you and your Guests a chance to
rest and relax and enjoy a refreshing beverage during the Festival. Be sure to visit the Lounge to find out about special benefits you can receive throughout the Festival.

Experience a world of fine cuisine at the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival presented by Chase.

See the World Showcase transform into a food-lover’s paradise, with over 25 regional marketplaces, offering a sumptuous selection of ethnic and regional dishes. Explore the cuisine, culture and entertainment from more than two-dozen countries and six continents. You may also experience culinary demonstrations, nightly musical
performances and so much more.

To learn more about this year’s Epcot® International
Food & Wine Festival presented by Chase, click here.
It's quite the hike if you are planning on taking food from WS to the festival center.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:23 AM   #50
P'colaBeachBum
Go 'Noles!

Got the e-mail also. I don't remember Chase having a lounge there last F&W. We will be checking it out on Oct. 3
Old 09-21-2012, 08:41 AM   #51
Princess Dolly
Unfortunately it encroached the danger zone

Based on past Passholder lounges, I am not expecting much. And by beverage I would expect water and maybe soda. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Princess Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:35 AM   #52
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

And you can take 9 guests in with your also. We too got the email yesterday.

At least they gave SDMT a 25 day head start...
Mad Hattered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:36 AM   #53
raraavis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelA View Post
Do you have to get the email to go? We have a Disney Visa and then I have another Chase card. I haven't gotten an email yet. I'll have to ask DH if he got one.
my email just says to show your disney visa card to gain entrance, so i doubt that you need the email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
Do you mean this is tied to the Disney Chase Visa? I have 2 accounts with them, but have not received an email about this.
since you don't need the email to gain entry, i wouldn't worry about it. just show up at the festival center with your disney visa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather13 View Post
For those who are wondering which credit card, we have just a plain ole' Chase and got the email, which said to show our Chase Visa Card for entry. It also said to call for more detail (figured I'd call before leaving). But have also been wondering whether it was worth the time.
i am surprised you got the offer without having a disney visa. i have several chase credit cards (freedom, southwest, and both disney cards), and my email specifically said i have to show my disney visa. i didn't get an email regarding this for my other chase credit cards.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:36 AM   #54
aznshents
Mouseketeer

I'm a Disney Visa holder but I didn't get any email... maybe because I only have a Disney Debit :/

edit: nope, never mind, all debit and credit holders get to access the lounge.
aznshents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:43 PM   #56
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Dolly View Post
Based on past Passholder lounges, I am not expecting much. And by beverage I would expect water and maybe soda. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Yeah, at the AP Lounge in The Land, they offered soft drinks and water. Which is good or me! But maybe since it's F&W, they'll provide some cheap alcohol. Not expecting a lot, but definitely going to check it out!
LittleMissMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:18 PM   #57
lucas
°o°

I'm betting on water.

lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:33 PM   #58
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Smile

*sigh* ~I received the email and I wish I was going! But, I can't wait to hear all the details, that's a really nice unexpected touch by Chase. I think it's going to be fantastic!

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:35 PM   #59
jnfr2424
I'm Tink I got my Peter Pan and together we love to fly away to Neverland!

Might get overcrowded!!

Additional portion of the email:

1. By entering and using the Chase Lounge, attendees agree to abide by all rules of the Chase Lounge and to conduct themselves in an orderly manner. Failure to do so may lead to expulsion from the Chase Lounge. Participants agree to release and hold harmless the officers, directors, employees, agents, and assigns of Walt Disney World® Resort, Chase Bank USA, N.A. and their respective successors, and affiliates, from any and all liability or damage of any kind resulting from or arising from the use or misuse of the Chase Lounge. Cardmembers can visit the Chase Lounge from 9 am-7 pm during the Festival to enjoy the complimentary amenities as long as capacity allows. Separate Theme Park admission required. Each Cardmember may only bring 9 guests into the Chase Lounge.

Offer made by Chase. Disney and its affiliates are not responsible for offer fulfillment.

For all inquiries regarding the Disney Rewards Program, please visit DisneyRewards.com.

jnfr2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #60
silmarg
SIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by P'colaBeachBum View Post
Got the e-mail also. I don't remember Chase having a lounge there last F&W. We will be checking it out on Oct. 3
Chase is a sponsor for F&W this year. I don't believe they were in prior years.
2009 Feb - WDW (POP - buy 4 get 7 impromptu trip | Aug/Sep - Nine Days of FREE DINING and FREE SSR upgrade!
2010 Feb - Taking my parents to POR w Grand Kids | Sept - Pop Free Dining Bounce Back
2011 Feb - Grand California DVC Welcome Home | Aug - Disney Dream!!! (AKV b4 and BCV after)
2012 Feb - Carribean Beach / SSR split stay | Sept - 5 day NYC/Canadian Cruise on Magic | Oct - 3 day suprise the kids trip MNSSHP / F&W @ OKW
2013 Feb - Disney Fantasy (western) | Aug/Sept - Parents 50th Anniv. Disney Fantasy (eastern) and WDW (OKW)
2014 Feb - VGC and ABD BSM
2014 Aug - BLT
2014 Sept - Disney Magic Southern Caribbean (still on the fence on this one)
silmarg is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: