Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
chimommy
Mouseketeer

At Disney now... It was so much easier when my son was 1yr old

He is all over the place now that he is three... Still having a good time but it is a much different trip. Magic kingdom has been the best park for us so far... We have a couple days left... I think we are just taking the night off.... Any tips for hs?
chimommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:45 PM   #2
twinboysmom
DIS Veteran

All I can say is I know. We have been 6 times since the boys turned 18 months and just got back Monday. They turn 3 in 2 months. Trust me, I really do sympathize.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 01:59 PM   #3
Ava
DIS Veteran

I feel you. Everyone talks about "terrible 2s" but my DD was so much easier at 2 than she is now at 3. We took her to Disney right after she turned 2 and it was a blast, she was so easy as long as we took it slow and made sure she had enough rest/breaks. Our next trip won't be until she's around 4.5 (assuming we can make it work for next fall) so hopefully she'll be easy again by then!

Oh, to answer your question - all we did at HS when DD was 2 was:
-Character greetings by the hat
-Backlot Tour (we ended up doing this while waiting for our TSM FastPass time - me and my parents volunteered to be in the show, which DD thought was hilarious)
-Toy Story Mania
-Playhouse Disney show
-Lunch
(And I rode Rockn Rollercoaster quickly through the single-rider line while the rest of the group finished lunch/rested)

That was it. She probably would've enjoyed a few other things there, but it was really hot out so we were all ready to go back to the hotel for a rest.

Sept 2014 Trip Report - In Progress

1983 (age 3): Buena Vista Palace 1988: Fort Wilderness Cabin 1991: Offsite 1997: All-Star Music 2002: All-Star Music 2004: All-Star Movies
April 2006: All-Star Music May 2011: POP Century Sept 2014: Caribbean Beach Aug 2015: Art of Animation, Lion King Suite

Ava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:16 PM   #4
Dizisfun
Mouseketeer

If you can catch the Green Army Men when they do their little show near Toy Story Mania, that was really cute. And they let the children participate.....
Old 09-20-2012, 03:08 PM   #5
chimommy
Mouseketeer

Yes....it's hard.... He wants to walk everywhere and wants to be very independent... I can't believe he isnt exhausted.. He just keeps going and going. We are going to stay on property our next trip... I think it might make breaks easier... We are still having fun. it was just a lot easier on our last trip. Most of the time I feel like we have the most wild kid at the park
chimommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #6
nchulka
it was funny when the creepy guys would follow close to them and then pull their chainsaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimommy View Post
Yes....it's hard.... He wants to walk everywhere and wants to be very independent... I can't believe he isnt exhausted.. He just keeps going and going. We are going to stay on property our next trip... I think it might make breaks easier... We are still having fun. it was just a lot easier on our last trip. Most of the time I feel like we have the most wild kid at the park

Take him to the honey I shrunk the kids playground at HS. It will be perfect for him, he can run and climb and play and you can sit a rest! There's only one way in and out so as long as you're near the exit he can't escape, just let him run himself out of energy
Old 09-20-2012, 04:33 PM   #7
pumpkinmomma
Mouseketeer

Disney Jr Show is a good show for that age. There is a Jake and a Handy Manny meet and greet just outside the entrance to the show, too.

If he is a wiggler, I would skip the longer shows like Beauty and the Beast, etc. My youngest was not good about sitting still through those at all.
pumpkinmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:59 PM   #8
jazz0007
DIS Veteran

Hang in there! When they get to be 5, 6, 7+ it's a blast!!! Our ds is finally tall enough to do RnRC and I'm so excited for our next trip because we're all tall enough for everything!! AND they both behave/follow along a little better.

Staying on property DEFINATELY helps when you have kids.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:06 PM   #9
kt_mom
DIS Veteran

Like a PP said, hang in there, it gets easier! When we took DD at 4 she was awesome and we all had a great time.

DS did good/okay last October when he was about 16 months. I'm nervous about our December trip as he will be 2 1/2 and he is so full of energy and completely incapable of sitting still unless he is asleep or watching the first 10minutes of his favorite movie at the time. It will be hard to juggle it all since DD is 9 and loves the thrill rides and so we'll be trying to do a little for both of them. I'm hoping that by next year DS will have settled down a little since he'll be 3 1/2 for next years trip.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: