Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-20-2012, 01:29 PM   #1
DisneyFive
Luv'n the magic
 
DisneyFive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 1,917

Unhappy Crap! What happened to the buy one day get one free offer?

Went to purchase tickets today for our visit(s) to Seaworld next week only to find out they eliminated the Buy a single day, get the second day free offer!

I know it's my fault for not buying the tickets when the offer was there, but they seemed to run this offer all the time. I didn't realize that it comes and goes!

We had two days (of our 9) in our schedule for Seaworld. Now we're trying to figure out what to do. The next cheapest option is to buy the 14 day unlimited Seaworld/Aquatica option, but that bumps up the price $40 per person, so about $200 more for our family of 5. Argh.

Anyone know of any offers, or anything to help? Thanks.

Dan
__________________
Me(41), DW(39), DD(13), DD(10), DS(7)
POFQ, September 2015 with FD!!
POR, September 2013, 10 days --- POR, September 2012, 9 days --- POP, September 2011, 9 days --- POP, September 2010, 8 days All Magical!!!
DisneyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:52 PM   #2
nilseks
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 757

My guess (and it is totally just a guess) would be that they removed it to make way for another offer, which would pop up shortly. I read that last year at about this time they started offering a free child admission with an adult admission. I've got my fingers crossed for that one!
__________________
nilseks is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-20-2012, 02:03 PM   #3
ccgirl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 7,458

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFive View Post
Went to purchase tickets today for our visit(s) to Seaworld next week only to find out they eliminated the Buy a single day, get the second day free offer!

I know it's my fault for not buying the tickets when the offer was there, but they seemed to run this offer all the time. I didn't realize that it comes and goes!

We had two days (of our 9) in our schedule for Seaworld. Now we're trying to figure out what to do. The next cheapest option is to buy the 14 day unlimited Seaworld/Aquatica option, but that bumps up the price $40 per person, so about $200 more for our family of 5. Argh.

Anyone know of any offers, or anything to help? Thanks.

Dan
Not sure if you were looking for two days to SW but they did have an "add on" Aquatica type thing to your ticket for around $25 once you got to SW. We LOVED Aquatica. Good luck.
__________________
MEDH37DD7DS2
May 1 - May 8 2010 BWV Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2466128
Dec 2 - Dec 12 2010 ASMo and Marriott Harbour Lake
Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2503063
Oct 2011 - F&W AKL and BCV
May 2012 - HGVC SeaWorld
ccgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #4
DisneyFive
Luv'n the magic
 
DisneyFive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 1,917

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgirl View Post
Not sure if you were looking for two days to SW but they did have an "add on" Aquatica type thing to your ticket for around $25 once you got to SW. We LOVED Aquatica. Good luck.
Yeah, looking for two SW days.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nilseks View Post
My guess (and it is totally just a guess) would be that they removed it to make way for another offer, which would pop up shortly. I read that last year at about this time they started offering a free child admission with an adult admission. I've got my fingers crossed for that one!
Hopefully! I need it to show up today or tomorrow though if I want to take advantage ot the online pricing.

Dan
__________________
Me(41), DW(39), DD(13), DD(10), DS(7)
POFQ, September 2015 with FD!!
POR, September 2013, 10 days --- POR, September 2012, 9 days --- POP, September 2011, 9 days --- POP, September 2010, 8 days All Magical!!!
DisneyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #5
DisneyFive
Luv'n the magic
 
DisneyFive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 1,917

Whew!!!!

So I called SeaWorld and we can upgrade a one day ticket to a two day ticket for $10 each ticket. We will just need to do it while we’re in the park the first day. So, a $50 mistake for our family of five if we decide on the second day.

Come to find out, the buy one get one free offer expired only two days ago! Argh!

Dan
__________________
Me(41), DW(39), DD(13), DD(10), DS(7)
POFQ, September 2015 with FD!!
POR, September 2013, 10 days --- POR, September 2012, 9 days --- POP, September 2011, 9 days --- POP, September 2010, 8 days All Magical!!!
DisneyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:22 PM   #6
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!
 
reelmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Newnan, GA
Posts: 5,625

You can purchase the Fun Card. It is for unlimited admission until December 31, 2012. You do not have to be a Florida Resident to get this pass. I emailed them in March about it and they told me it was for everybody. It is 84.99 for adults and 76.99 for children 3-9. When you click on the Buy Tickets page, it will be listed above the package deals and multi-park tickets. It will say Annual Pass and Fun Card.
reelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:57 PM   #7
DisneyFive
Luv'n the magic
 
DisneyFive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 1,917

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
You can purchase the Fun Card. It is for unlimited admission until December 31, 2012. You do not have to be a Florida Resident to get this pass. I emailed them in March about it and they told me it was for everybody. It is 84.99 for adults and 76.99 for children 3-9. When you click on the Buy Tickets page, it will be listed above the package deals and multi-park tickets. It will say Annual Pass and Fun Card.
Very cool! That is a great option. Thank you for the info.

Right now I'm leaning towards adding an extra day for $10 per person, if we decide for the second day. That way, if we get everything in during our first day, we'll be spared the extra $10 pp. Single day tickets are $74.99 per adult and $66.99 per child.

If we were going back this year I would definately get the fun card (heck, I still might). At this point I'm leaning toward the single park ticket and paying the $10 pp for the second day if we want to go the 2nd day. (which is the same price total as the fun card)

Thanks again.

Dan
__________________
Me(41), DW(39), DD(13), DD(10), DS(7)
POFQ, September 2015 with FD!!
POR, September 2013, 10 days --- POR, September 2012, 9 days --- POP, September 2011, 9 days --- POP, September 2010, 8 days All Magical!!!
DisneyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:13 AM   #8
lcarter0922
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 70

I called SeaWorld to find out how long the kids free tickets promotion with the vacation packages would last and she was telling me that the 2nd day free promotion was fixing to end.
lcarter0922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.