Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2012, 02:57 PM   #31
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

Great choices! We've been to Garden Grill once, about 5 years ago, but trying it again this December! We remember great fresh food, and you can't beat Farmer Mickey and Donald!

Have never eaten at Tony's before, so can't say much on that one.

But, Ohana's...4 words for you...Be Prepared to Eat!!

4 very hungary adults last year barely made a dent in all the food! But it is all delicious, definitely sample all the meats and pick your fav. We like the steak and turkey the best! Yum yum. We liked it so much last year, that we booked it as a must for this trip.

Have a blast!
Jess (Me)-29 Blake (DF)-28 Our Italian Greyhound and our salt water tank
WHY did you do it? 2010
Upcoming Trip: Pop Century!
Roxychica7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:32 PM   #32
Wendy31
DIS Veteran

We just returned this past Tuesday from a 10 day trip & ate at each of the 3 restaurants.

'Ohana & Garden Grill are 2 of our "must-do" restaurants. We ate at Tony's last year for the 1st time in several years, &, since we were pleasantly surprised, made an ADR for this year as well.

Garden Grill is a "hit or miss" for us - we go for the characters, & sometimes the food is good. This year, suprisingly, the food was wonderful - everything tasted very fresh. The fish with the garden vegetable "salsa" was delicious! Cute cupcake dessert for the kids, & the berry cobbler was great! Character interaction was as good as always, &, this time (unlike last year), the service was terrific as well! We traded Le Cellier for Garden Grill & I was afraid we were going to be disappointed, but we weren't at all! Very happy w/ our decision. In fact, at the end of the trip, Garden Grill tied w/ Crystal Palace for mine & my DH's favorite meals this trip.... surprising, I know!

'Ohana is normally a favorite for us... this year, it was kind of meh. The meats were good, but the sides were not. Older DS found a hair in his salad & on one of his chicken wings. The dessert was awesome as always. Our service was not very good either - the food didn't come out at a good pace at all, & we never got drink refills. However, after 'Ohana, we were headed to the Contemporary for the Pirates & Pals Fireworks Voyage, so, during our meal, I was kind of anxious about getting there in time, so this could have colored my opinion a bit... I was really too stressed & worried about the time to really enjoy the meal, if that makes sense. I checked us in at 4:30 pm for a 5:00 pm ADR, & we weren't seated until 5:20 pm.

I love "Lady & the Tramp", so I really like the themeing at Tony's. We ate lunch there in 2006, & weren't that impressed w/ the food, so we didn't go back until last year where we were pleasantly surprised. So, we made another dinnner ADR for this year. The food was okay, but, as my DH said, it looked like our food had been setting under a heat lamp before it was brought out. The kids had no problem w/ their spaghetti & meatballs though, & younger DS really enjoyed his Mickey ravioli. I had the shrimp scampi & thought it was fine. Our service was fine as well. I really enjoy sitting in the sunroom.

All 3 of these restaurants are crowded & always have people waiting to get seated, so, obviously, they're popular! Every restaurant has off nights.

For our next trip, Garden Grill is still on our list. I haven't decided about 'Ohana - we may switch it for Kona, maybe... And we may switch Be Our Guest for Tony's.

(DH) (me) (DD, 14years) (DS, 13 years) (DS, 4 years)
Wendy31 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #33
BubMunkeyBles
DIS Veteran

I like all 3. We have Ohana's and Garden Grill both booked for December. I don't really like Garden Grill's food all that much (it's nothing spectacular for me) but the characters are the best out of all the character meals consistently. I've had good dining experiences at Ohana's and I've had horrible where I just wanted to leave early. It really just depends.

December 3-9, 2014- SSR and BWV
BubMunkeyBles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:27 PM   #34
jtowntoflorida
Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney Since 2012!

Tony's is by far the worst dining experience we had on our vacation.
jtowntoflorida is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: