Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 08:29 PM   #31
DoryDorito
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara
I did an eight day, all resorts, no parks stay a few years ago and loved it. Never got bored once.

I stayed in a riverview room at POR.

Slept in every morning or hung out by the quiet pool and read. Took a park bus after lunch and transferred to a resort and just wandered around. Went to the lounge for a drink or two, looked at the Christmas decorations, had dinner and then took the bus back to DTD.

Wandered around DTD shopping or grabbed an ice cream at Ghiradelli's. Headed back to POR on the water taxi, hung out at the lounge each evening to see Yeehah-Bob.

It was one of the best solo trips I have ever been on, and I read four books I had been meaning to read for awhile.
This sounds heavenly! You just described my dream! Ahhhhhhhhhhh
DoryDorito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:52 AM   #32
Sparrow624
"I believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzytime View Post
I gotta say that I've read this post many times and have been reluctant to reply because I always have the same reaction: Why go to DW resort for a 'get-away' and maybe (hopefully?) one that you wouldn't leave?

I love BC, but paying the price of those resorts is because of all DW has to offer. Not just the theme parks, but all the other things like restaurants, WS, shows and music and fireworks, ...but for the cost, if I was looking for a resort-only stay I'd be looking at a lot of other places cheaper. For example. we're in CA so going to Hawaii is Cheaper than DW. East coast? well, I don't know, but I know they have a lot of resorts. Maybe even Caribbean? ...I can't really tell you what's cheaper, but if I was going to DW resort in hopes of not having to or wanting to leave it, ...well, I wouldn't.

I am not trying to be critical, Sparrow624. In a lot of ways I feel that I've missed your point entirely so please forgive me if I have.

JMHO, and hope you have a great time whatever you decide.
Not a problem at all. In fact, we could easily go to the beach or the mountains here in NC...but we can do that any weekend, so to us, it really isn't much of a "getaway." Not really big "beach" people other than one trip a year with family. We truly enjoy the Disney hotels and dining experience. I know it seems odd, but last time we were at Disney, we probably spent 3 of our 8 nights wandering the Grand Floridian and Poly grounds (taught us that we will never buy 8 day park hoppers again)...Everyone likes different things and we, for some reason, enjoy trying out the different Disney hotels and seeing what other areas have to offer.

Now, we would most likely heavily explore downtown disney, try the miniature golf courses, maybe play some golf, take a fireworks cruise, etc. things we have not done at Disney because we spend so much time in the parks.

2003 - Off Site - 2 nights 3 days
2006 - Grand Floridian 8 nights 9 days (Honeymoon)
2009 - Boardwalk - 3 nights 4 days
2011 - Grand Floridian - 7 nights 8 days (5 year Anniversary)
Sparrow624 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 01:59 AM   #33
janiejake
Mouseketeer

Would depend on the budget. For a moderate, LOVE POR. Mansion side, with very relaxed, beautifully landscaped settings. Perfect for romantic strolls with your honey. And the walkways extend into the Bayou area, through all of that lush, shady greenery. Romantic at night, as well, with horse-drawn carriage rides available for hire. Ride the boat down to DTD...always lots to do/see/shop/enjoy/eat there.
On the other hand, there is lots to do at all of the resorts gathered around the waterway at EPCOT. Stroll the boardwalk, take in the entertainment. Pop into JellyRolls. Share a burger/shake at Beaches n Cream. Many places for good sit-down dinners. And, if you DO have any old tickets with days left over, you're only a stroll away from the IG and yummy TS Restaurants in WS.
Oh heck. Romance is wherever you make it at Disney. Just being together at the Happiest Place on Earth is darned romantic, IMHO. Enjoy.

šOš šOš šOš šOš šOš šOš
Past visits:78,81,90,92,96,97(all off site), 5/99DxL, 2/00DxL,3/00DxL&CSR,3/03POR&Swan,12/03POR, 1/06POR, 3/09 POR, 3/11 POR 1/12 POR/POFQ 12/31/14-01/02/151/13 ASSp
janiejake is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: