Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2012, 10:51 PM   #31
Heymy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
Thanks again! That might be too much wine for me if I get a new glass with each course. Will probably get one glass for the meal.
That's probably a smart move. The chef's counter was definitely our most memorable experience, but the wine pairing was a bit much. I was told it would be a 2 oz pour per course. I'm thinking...okay....that's a lot of wine, but I want to try this. I had amazing wines, something to this day that I can't remember the name of, but rivaled Silver Oak. Fortunately or unfortunately, I was given a full glass of wine with every course!!! Oh my, made for a painful next day.

DH and I are talking about taking my folks to the Chef's Counter (we're still talking about that experience 4 years later) and then I'll share the wine pairing with my dad.

Have an amazing time!!!

Heymy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:14 AM   #32
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkh1978 View Post
I've been there once. My seat was seat 4. Great watching the guy working the scallops station. What's your preferences on that side or the other side of the pass?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemouse145 View Post
The Chefs counter at Napa Rose is an experience not to be missed. After reading this post I want to go now! I'll have to wait until my reservation on 10/13 though. The Scallops are to die for and the fillet is amazing. Everything else is just outstanding. The vintners menu is a good way to sample different items but having the chefs cook for you is the best. The wine package is $45 and is a half pour for each course and you can request wines too. The chefs counter is divided into three sections. Seats 1-4 (the cheese counter) is a great view of appetizers and seafood, Seats 5-8 is the meat section and deserts. seats 9-12 are around the corner and can really only see the deserts. Executive Chef Andrew Sutton is a great host and chef Alex is great although he is a Dodger fan but I can overlook that. Can't recommend it enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchOwl View Post
Personally, I like the 5-8 seats only because I can watch the main courses go out and the desserts! But 1-4 are not bad seats at all.
I'll have to pay attention to the views of each seating area when I'm there so that if I ever get to try this again, will know what seats to request. Sounds like though that I'll have a very decent spot if I am indeed seat 4 or 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchOwl View Post
The pairing glasses aren't as full as a normal glass, but yes, it is a lot of wine by the end of dinner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heymy View Post
That's probably a smart move. The chef's counter was definitely our most memorable experience, but the wine pairing was a bit much. I was told it would be a 2 oz pour per course. I'm thinking...okay....that's a lot of wine, but I want to try this. I had amazing wines, something to this day that I can't remember the name of, but rivaled Silver Oak. Fortunately or unfortunately, I was given a full glass of wine with every course!!! Oh my, made for a painful next day.

DH and I are talking about taking my folks to the Chef's Counter (we're still talking about that experience 4 years later) and then I'll share the wine pairing with my dad.

Have an amazing time!!!
Thank you!

My alcohol tolerance is pretty pathetic so I usually need to watch how much I take in. I really want to enjoy and savor the food and too much wine for me might get me in trouble for doing that. Plus, I have to walk back to my offsite hotel at Anaheim Plaza!

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014 PTR with MiniTRs to Disney Cali Adventure, Oahu, San Diego, and Vegas
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2012, 10:15 AM   #33
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow

Does anyone know how far in advance you can book the Chef's Counter? It is VERY important to me to do this. My DH always plans special surprises for me at WDW, so I want to do this for him at DL. Thanks!

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
tchrrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:25 PM   #34
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrrx
Does anyone know how far in advance you can book the Chef's Counter? It is VERY important to me to do this. My DH always plans special surprises for me at WDW, so I want to do this for him at DL. Thanks!
I think you can reserve the Chef's counter 30 days out, but I would call them to be sure. I have never made a reservation more then 3 weeks out. And you do need to call the restaurant directly, not Disney dining.
ArchOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:21 PM   #35
Here4mydisneyfix
Andrew Sutton, you genious man, you! She will remember the Rose forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrrx View Post
You can often book the chef's counter up to 90 days in advance. They will let you book as soon as they get their calendar for the month you want, and they put their calendars together MUCH earlier than Disney puts theirs out! Be sure to call Napa Rose directly though because Disney Dining can only book 60 days in advance and you also cannot reserve the chef's counter through Disney Dining either, just the regular restaurant seating.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:14 PM   #36
been2marceline
Fish are Food, not Friends!

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

If you call the normal Disney dine number, you can ask them to put your through to the Rose, no worries there, but there may not be anyone answering if you call early in the day.

We've done the counter a half a dozen or so times, doing it again the week of Thanksgiving.

Never had a bad anything there.....

Chef Sutton is spending a lot of time at the Carthay Circle, so he may not be at the Rose a lot going forward.

The Circle's menu and service, once they mature, will be on a par I think with the Rose....time will tell!
DIS Cruising, Been There, Done That: - 77 Day Eastern - Fantasy Jan '14, Wonder - Nov. '11 MR, 14 Day Magic - Eastern Repo LA - PC Aug. '05 ,7 Day Magic - Western,7 Day Eastern Nov. '07, 4 Day Wonder - What - another one? Thieves Reunion 10/4/14, now it's chronic... 10/15 EBPC!!!

DW DH DD19
been2marceline is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: