Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 04:57 AM   #16
JANNYANS
DIS Veteran

Might be of interest

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic...o_Florida.html
Old 12-28-2012, 07:24 AM   #17
Madzac
Mouseketeer

The above review was NOT our experience in the same property. With the exception of the carpet being worn in the main room we loved the house!
Previous trips: WDW:CBR 3/93, ASMo 5/99, POFQ 5/06, WL 5/09, windsor hills 10/12. DL: Offsite 2/07, 3/10. DCL Dream 4 night bahamas 6/13 (trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3131854)... next up Magic 7 night Western 3/2015
Madzac is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2012, 08:30 AM   #18
Shea&Van
&Waves

Argh! Thanks for your responses.

I remember looking at this specific group of houses for a previous trip and we didn't go with them because of some poor reviews on the DisBoard and other sites.

However, recently, I've been looking around and have noticed great feedback from other Dis'ers. So, I thought we would research them again and see what changes have been made. Turns out I learned they switched managment companies and things SEEM to be much better.

But, alas...I worry after reading the TA review. My kids would go nuts for this place. The pictures are just amazing. But, it is so hard selecting a place when there is such a variance of experiences.

I very much appreciate your feedback and speedy replies.

Have a great day!
Disney Trips: June 1987 - WDW Off-site, July 1993 - WDW Off-site, September 2002 - DL Off-site, March 2003 - WDW Off-site, January 2010 - WDW Villas at Wilderness Lodge, September 2011 - WDW All Star Sports and Windsor Hills
Just Wrapped Up: Nov/Dec 2013 - WDW Buena Vista Suites (one night) and Private Villa at the Emerald Island Resort (eight nights)

Shea&Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:56 AM   #19
infopurposesonly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madzac View Post
The above review was NOT our experience in the same property. With the exception of the carpet being worn in the main room we loved the house!
It may not have been your experience, but it is the experience of others. Several people have mentioned the problem with pool heat, and nobody is getting refunded for heat they paid for. That would be an issue for me. What is important to some may not be an issue for others. I take into account all of the reviews before choosing a rental.
infopurposesonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:11 AM   #20
Madzac
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by infopurposesonly View Post
It may not have been your experience, but it is the experience of others. Several people have mentioned the problem with pool heat, and nobody is getting refunded for heat they paid for. That would be an issue for me. What is important to some may not be an issue for others. I take into account all of the reviews before choosing a rental.
Absolutely. I wasnt intending to say anyone was lying just that it was not our experience staying the same month as that poster. It surprised me greatly that is all.
Previous trips: WDW:CBR 3/93, ASMo 5/99, POFQ 5/06, WL 5/09, windsor hills 10/12. DL: Offsite 2/07, 3/10. DCL Dream 4 night bahamas 6/13 (trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3131854)... next up Magic 7 night Western 3/2015
Madzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:32 AM   #21
infopurposesonly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madzac View Post
Absolutely. I wasnt intending to say anyone was lying just that it was not our experience staying the same month as that poster. It surprised me greatly that is all.
I understand. Awhile back I rented a townhouse and, while it wasn't absolutely perfect, I really liked it. A week or two later another poster rented the same house and had a completely different experience. it was hard to believe we had rented the same townhouse.
infopurposesonly is offline   Reply With Quote