Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #16
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by naomi78155 View Post
Lands End! Their girls jeans are the best. Very age appropriate and made to last. I love all of their girls clothes, they are just great and LE is a wonderful company.
I agree. I have boys but all of their clothes are not trying to be trendy. I love that they're all returnable anytime. It's all good quality. Same goes for LLBean.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:39 PM   #17
pookybean
Mouseketeer

i do a lot of thrift store shopping and have good luck finding appropriate stuff there. i pay no attention to the brands, but when i was looking for shorts this year i found lots that were a good length...maybe donated when the low rise, short short craze started! lol

i usually grab everything in her size that looks like i would be good and she tried them all on so i can make sure they fit.

my dd has the opposite problem, she used to be long legged and slim, now she is long legged with some curves and a booty. puberty...ugh. but i figure (hope?) that im instilling some modesty in her now so i wont have to fight with her later!

me, ds 17, dd12, dd4
pookybean is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 08:49 AM   #18
cmaee
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the suggestions!

My options are limited where I live to just a hand full of stores, but I plan on shopping at the stores you listed when I make it to the outlets in a few weeks. My DD would like the embellished pants, but I went through my DS's old clothes and found a few pairs of pants that fit her...no frills, but they cover what I think should be covered without constantly having to hike up her pants or pull the back of her shirt down over her bottom.

Spring 1995 - Magical Mickey Music Days March 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside April 2009 (Easter) - Coronado Springs
August 2010 - Beach Club
December 2010 (Christmas) - Pop Century December 2012 - Pop Century
November 2014 - Pop Century
cmaee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:10 AM   #19
princesspwrhr
DIS Veteran

If the concern is "crack", I have another suggestion. It happens a lot here too, especially since the jeans that fit in legs and hips are too big in waist or if they fit everywhere they're too low once the kids sit or bend or lean...

Trendy Tops. Basically it's a tank top without the straps that you wear over your jeans and under your shirt. You get the layered look without the bulk and a long enough covering to stop the exposure. This is what it looks like http://www.asseenontv.com/trendy-top...v=best-sellers

But you could easily make your own - just get some tank tops from the thrift store or ones that have become too short, cut off about the top 1/3-1/2 and hem where you cut.

For most of the stores though you'll have to try on different styles. Old Navy Skinny jeans are higher waisted than the super skinny jeans, other styles vary on rise. Same with Gap and Childrens Place. Most jeans from P.S. Aero are going to be really low - their teen/adult jeans are ridiculously low in the front and slightly higher in back. Once you've found a brand and style that fit well keep an eye out for sales and buy a few sizes - and look at the second hand stores for those.
princesspwrhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:20 AM   #20
miami305
Mouseketeer

The non-existent waists in the jeans is our problem. Adjusty thingies for big kids? Really? Whatever happened to putting a waist in the jeans?

Anyway. Target, Walmart and Old Navy will carry 1 style of regular jeans. I believe it is the bootcut style.

Children's Place used to always carry normal jeans, but it seems they are going more towards sparkly and super skinny jeans. I can't remember the last time I've seen normal jeans at JCP. They are always super skinny and low-rise. We never buy jeans from Justice as they have no waist or adjusties.

Gap regular style jeans fit well, but their jeans shrink. If they style is perfect fit at Gap, it will be too tight after a few washes. Buyer beware.

We are moving back up North this winter. I will give the LandEnd's jeans a try. Thanks for the tip!
Old 09-24-2012, 01:38 PM   #21
dzorn
DIS Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaee View Post
Thanks for the suggestions!

My options are limited where I live to just a hand full of stores, but I plan on shopping at the stores you listed when I make it to the outlets in a few weeks. My DD would like the embellished pants, but I went through my DS's old clothes and found a few pairs of pants that fit her...no frills, but they cover what I think should be covered without constantly having to hike up her pants or pull the back of her shirt down over her bottom.
FYI if you have a joAnns or a hobby lobby near buy you can buy iron on embellishments.

I know how you feel DD is very curvy and doesn't care about the rise of her jeans but underwear she want way up so they show.

Denise in MI
VWL January 2015, Off Site, SSR 2014 (with the Marching Band), ASMu,AKV, BLT Aug/Sept 2012, AKV April 2012, BCV/AKV November 2011, BB April 2011, CBR,BCV,BWV Aug/Sept 2010, ASMu,VWL Nov 2009, CSR September 2009, AKV August 2009, CSR April 09 ,AKV/VWL/OKW Feb 09, TL April 08, DCL January 08, POR August 2007, POR May 2006, ASMo May 2005

dzorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:59 AM   #22
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

My daughter has a tiny waist and is getting hips now that puberty has set in, so the adjustable waist is important to us because she doesn't want to bother with a belt (sensory issue) so in order to avoid them fitting in the hips and sticking out at the waist (like mine do even though my waist is not tiny) I stick to the adjustable waist.

Usually I get jeans in bootcut style. If I see a pair of "skinny" jeans I like, at a good price, I get them, but I go up a size from what she wears. We frequent Wal-Mart, Sears, K-Mart and Children's Place.

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
May 2014: Best trip yet. Working on the TR
luvmy2babies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:17 AM   #23
eliz603
Mouseketeer

My DD is long legged, and I buy her jeans at Gymboree, Crazy 8 (I haven't had a problem there), Carter's, Gap and Oshkosh. I'm super picky about her clothes. Our issue is her legs prevent her from wearing the 3" inseam shirts I see everywhere for her age! I've started splurging on Hanna Andersson just to find age appropriate clothing that's also right for her body.

I was a JC Penny yesterday, and they had jean shorts in her size with a 1" inseam. No way!!

BLT 2013, POR 2013, Grand Californian 2010, Contemporary 2009, Polynesian 2008, Wilderness Lodge 2006, Beach Club 1996, CBR1995, Wilderness Lodge 1995, prior visits CBR, The Disney Inn, Disney Villas, plus lots of day trips back to 1982!

eliz603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:42 AM   #24
Gracie09
DIS Veteran

Carter's. Online they go up to size 12 now. I also buy children's place basic jeans or Gymboree when they are on sale. Also try the gap.

Crazy 8 is crazy. I bought some for my four year old and didn't have them try them on before. Her bottom was half out of them.
Gracie09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:50 AM   #25
powellrj
I am wide awake and on the dis boards
My db and I usually fight over the turkey bones
It was so bad, it was funny
Note to self, never make anyone suffer with thirst

I am pretty sure since someone bumped up a 2 year old thread, the OP has found jeans by now.

powellrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:10 AM   #26
eliz603
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by powellrj View Post
I am pretty sure since someone bumped up a 2 year old thread, the OP has found jeans by now.
Bleah! I'm always on mobile and barely see the dates as it is. How far are you guys digging to pop these up?!?!

BLT 2013, POR 2013, Grand Californian 2010, Contemporary 2009, Polynesian 2008, Wilderness Lodge 2006, Beach Club 1996, CBR1995, Wilderness Lodge 1995, prior visits CBR, The Disney Inn, Disney Villas, plus lots of day trips back to 1982!

eliz603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:17 AM   #27
3Gsandme
DIS Veteran

I buy jeans for my dd at Old Navy and Crazy 8. I didn't buy from Crazy 8 this year, but I haven't had a problem with the rise being too low. Of course, my dd prefers to wear jeans under her belly button, so maybe that's why we don't have a fit problem.

My November 2015 PTR-Heigh Ho Ho HO!
3Gsandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:25 AM   #28
mjkacmom
DIS Veteran

I know this is an old thread, but I recently bought jeans at Abercrombie Kids - high rise! My girls loved them. Welcome back, 80's - I've also been loving the big bulky sweaters dd17 has been wearing this winter!
Old 03-18-2014, 10:59 AM   #29
MandiC
DIS Veteran

We loved Children's Place until my girls were in size 7 and up (for jeans, I still love everything else, very age appropriate clothing) but now the jeans don't fit as well anymore, even with the adjustable waist pulled in they are just really baggy (we have to get the bigger sizes for them to be long enough). I like Kohls because they have slim fit jeans. Otherwise we shop second hand. We don't live in a big city and I can find brands at the second hand store I couldn't find around here. Plus my girls can try on a bunch and I can find the ones that fit them best. Win-win since the prices are usually better as well

10 8 5 3

Feb. 2014 (POR), first trip and hooked!
Next trip, who knows? Probably 2016.
MandiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:09 PM   #30
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

My girls recently turned 7 and 12. For jeans that fit well, are good quality, and aren't always low rise we have had a lot of luck at Target, Kohls, and surprisingly Walmart. DD12 is very tall for her age but is very slender so getting jeans that fit well on her are a challenge. We also shop at Justice, Gymboree, Old Navy, and Children's Place as well but mainly get tops, skirts, shorts, and leggings from those places and not really jeans. My boys fit jeans from Old Navy and Gymboree really well though. DD12 really likes Aeropostale too.
2Pirates2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: