Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 02:51 AM   #1
MrsSDW
Mouseketeer

Rambling questions about BBWWS and Dreams

Hi, guys! Hope you're all well on this raining morning.

Ridiculous though this is, given that it's 7 weeks and 4 days till we go (how I wish I could work out tickers!), I'm already starting to get a teensy bit stressed about not missing out on anything whilst at DLP - we're staying Monday to Friday, so 4 nights in all. I fancy doing the Wild West Show, particularly given that there's a flash sale on tickets at the moment so I'll need to decide quick to snap up the bargain, but I'm worried about missing out on Dreams. We'll miss Dreams on the Monday night as we'll arrive too late, and if we do the WWS on Tuesday we'll miss it then too. Do you think I'd be safe to assume that it'll be on the Wednesday and Thursday? And if the park closes at 7-8pm in November, what time do you think Dreams will be on?

Also, for those of you who have been to the WWS, do you think it's suitable for a 4 year old? My DD isn't the most gung-ho wee thing and she's not mad keen on very loud noises. But she enjoys pantomimes so I thought sitting a wee bit further away from the live action would be okay. What do you think?

Thanks very much! Goodness only knows what I'll be like when our trip is just a few sleeps away. Is this normal pre-DLP behaviour???
MrsSDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:05 AM   #2
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Morning

Cold 8° but clear and sunny here

Dreams will be on every evening at park closing. So if the park closes at 7pm Dreams will be starting within 5-10 minutes maximum after that, same when it closes at 8pm etc

It will only be cancelled if there is extreme weather conditions - ie thunder and lightening as it's a safety risk.

I've seen it in the pouring rain before now

I'll let someone who has a 4 yr old answer for BBWWS but the little ones I've seen in there all seem to be having fun and get caught up in the whole show.

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 04:37 AM   #3
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Morning! Nice and sunny here but there's differently a noticeable nip in the air.

My DDs were a lot older than 4 when we went to BBWWS but I'd say if your DD likes pantomimes then she'd like it although the audience participation includes banging cutlery on the tables as well as shouting.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:13 AM   #4
Hipster Meg
Mouseketeer

We've decided against taking our 5 year old to see BBWWS but he has issues with loud noises and given the nature of the seats it'd be a pain to take him out of the auditorium once the show's started if we're stuck in the middle of the row. My advice would be that if you decide to take her then ask to be put at the end of a row - easy to take her out if it does bother her and convenient for loo breaks

You could try showing her a video of the show, there's one here on youtube, and see what she thinks.

http://roadtowdw.blogspot.co.uk/ My blog about planning our Disney trip (and other random stuff)
Hipster Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:04 AM   #5
Ms Poppins
I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk

If you choose second category seating, you'll be towards the back which is far enough away from the loud noises, but still a great view.

My ds loved the show, but he is mad keen on anything cowboy

There's lots going on, horse races etc and of course Mickey and co turn up, so if she likes pantomimes, then I think she'd be ok.
Ms Poppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:16 AM   #6
MrsSDW
Mouseketeer

Thanks, everyone, that's very helpful, especially the suggestion about watching on YouTube. I think she'd be fine if we're not too near the front and she's safely plonked between me and her dad. It's just such a unique show that it seems such a shame not to go, especially with the cheapo tickets.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:35 AM   #7
MrsSDW
Mouseketeer

Booked them!

Reminds me of a time many years ago when DH and I went to a medieval show in Tenerife and there were jousters and the like, where the audience each had a champion that we had to cheer for as the games when on. There was a LOT of Spanish red wine on offer and my poor DH was a 'little' (ie, extremely!!) sick the next day. That was long before our DD arrived so no doubt this BBWWS will be much less tipsy.

Thanks for the links, Carrie!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: