Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2012, 05:25 PM   #1
ScrappinGran
Mouseketeer

Southwest Pros, advice!

We are flying Southwest next month. We have paid the extra $$ to be able to select our seats. I thought my TA said 10 days ahead, but can't remember. How do we do this? It's just my DH and me, we would like aisle seats across from each other, or aisle seats near each other. We are going on a DCL cruise..do we have to do it for the return flight also, because we will be aboard ship, and won't be able to. We did join Southwest's Reward Program if that makes a difference. I am SOOOO stressing over this!
ScrappinGran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:39 PM   #2
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinGran View Post
We are flying Southwest next month. We have paid the extra $$ to be able to select our seats. I thought my TA said 10 days ahead, but can't remember. How do we do this? It's just my DH and me, we would like aisle seats across from each other, or aisle seats near each other. We are going on a DCL cruise..do we have to do it for the return flight also, because we will be aboard ship, and won't be able to. We did join Southwest's Reward Program if that makes a difference. I am SOOOO stressing over this!
You can't pay to select your seats, it's open seating for everyone. You can pay for an earlier boarding position. When you get on the plane, pick any open seat. There's no guarantee there will be aisle seats across from each other but you have a better chance with the earlier boarding spot.
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2012, 05:45 PM   #3
Sweettears
50 years of Disney and counting

While there is no guarantee you will have no problem finding the seating you are looking for with EBCI.
Sweettears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:10 PM   #4
Belle-To-Be
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinGran View Post
I always make a beeline for the back and have never had a problem getting window, aisle or whatever I need to be next to my child.
Belle-To-Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #5
ScrappinGran
Mouseketeer

Thank you! So this is early check in then? When do I do it?
ScrappinGran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:27 PM   #6
anonymousegirl
DIS Veteran

SW will automatically check you in at 36 hours out, rather than the 24 hours out that everyone else (with non EBCI). Then you can go straight to the airport and print your boarding passes from the kiosks, or have the agent do it if you are checking luggage.
If you have not done the EBCI for your return flight, I suggest you do so, as it will save you trying to check in through the expensive internet on your last day on DCL.
1973 Disneyland Hotel;1985 WDW Grosvenor; 1988 same;1994 off-site; 1997 off-site; July 2008 POR; December 2008 Pop Century; January 2009 Contemporary, BCV; March 2009 Pop Century; May 2009 Grand California at DLR; September 2009 SSR; December 2009 Pop; May 2010 DL off site; July 2010 Disneyland Hotel; October 2010 Disneyland Hotel; January 2011 Saratoga Springs;May 2011 Disneyland off-site; October 2011 AKV Kidani; DLR OMDD Leap Day 2012; June 2012 BCV/Vero Beach; September 2012 All Star Sports; December 2012 Grand Floridian; DLR off site February 2013;DLR off site for Long Lost Friends week April 2013;DLR Paradise Pier Hotel July 2013; DLR off site November 2013;Aulani DVC January 2014; WDW OKW May 2014; WDW SSR VILLIANS UNLEASHED! Aug 2104;WDW October 2014; CBR/DCL December 2014
anonymousegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:58 PM   #7
Sweettears
50 years of Disney and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymousegirl View Post
SW will automatically check you in at 36 hours out, rather than the 24 hours out that everyone else (with non EBCI). Then you can go straight to the airport and print your boarding passes from the kiosks, or have the agent do it if you are checking luggage.
If you have not done the EBCI for your return flight, I suggest you do so, as it will save you trying to check in through the expensive internet on your last day on DCL.
They automatically check you in at 36 hours but you have the ability to view and print your boarding pass on-line at the 24 hour window prior to your flight.
Sweettears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:05 PM   #8
anonymousegirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymousegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweettears View Post
They automatically check you in at 36 hours but you have the ability to view and print your boarding pass on-line at the 24 hour window prior to your flight.
Agreed. I am sorry that my post implied you had to do it at the airport. You may print the boarding passes any time after the 24 hour mark right up to arrival at the airport.
1973 Disneyland Hotel;1985 WDW Grosvenor; 1988 same;1994 off-site; 1997 off-site; July 2008 POR; December 2008 Pop Century; January 2009 Contemporary, BCV; March 2009 Pop Century; May 2009 Grand California at DLR; September 2009 SSR; December 2009 Pop; May 2010 DL off site; July 2010 Disneyland Hotel; October 2010 Disneyland Hotel; January 2011 Saratoga Springs;May 2011 Disneyland off-site; October 2011 AKV Kidani; DLR OMDD Leap Day 2012; June 2012 BCV/Vero Beach; September 2012 All Star Sports; December 2012 Grand Floridian; DLR off site February 2013;DLR off site for Long Lost Friends week April 2013;DLR Paradise Pier Hotel July 2013; DLR off site November 2013;Aulani DVC January 2014; WDW OKW May 2014; WDW SSR VILLIANS UNLEASHED! Aug 2104;WDW October 2014; CBR/DCL December 2014
anonymousegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:30 AM   #9
DisneyWitch
Mouseketeer

I only fly SW and always get the Early Bird (ECBI) option. As was said before, the only thing you get for your additional $10 is to have an earlier boarding number - but if you're looking for guaranteed aisle seats, your best bet is to mosey towards the rear of the plane for them, but not the last row because it seems a little more cramped than up front. I like the ECBI because don't have to be sitting on the computer at exactly 24 hours before my flight, frantically hitting F5 like a lunatic in the hopes that I get a "B" seating group. I think it makes the travel a little easier.

With that being said, you're not guaranteed an A group, but you will have better seating options than without. I usually travel alone, and I tend to prefer an aisle seat, especially on longer flights (lets me stretch out a smidge without bonking my neighbors). I've never had an issue finding adequate seating!

Good luck and happy flying!

DisneyWitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:10 AM   #10
Miche_503
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up

I wouldn't worry about the aisle seats, I often see more people choose the others.
Miche_503 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: