Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 09:07 AM   #1
Down Under Minnies
Earning My Ears

Wink Laundry Rooms on the Fantasy.... which decks?

Hi,

Could someone please help me by advising which floors have the laundry rooms.

I have had a quick look at the ship floor plans but cannot see anything indicating the laundry room.

I have been told deck two but not sure.

Thanks

Yum!: We can't wait for another holiday and another Mickey Icecream!
Down Under Minnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:21 AM   #2
sue
love my DVC

I spoke to a DCL person a few days and she told me that they have them on almost every deck. I asked about deck 6 since we were going to again be on that deck. She said yes and also deck 8,9,10 and I know there were a bunch more decks on the list too. We have always had deck 6 on the magic and wonder and now again on the Fantasy. They were located starboard side between midship and aft.
Disney' Big Red Boat 3/92 Contemporary 3/92, Poly Resort 12/ 01, Disney Wonder 12/01, Disney Magic 11/05, SSR and OKW 10/06, SSR 08/07 Hawaii Mauni Lani Resort 08/08, Pop Century 2009, OKW 2009, DVC member only cruise Disney Wonder 2009, DVC trade to Kauai Wyndham Shearwater 01/10, All star music resort 08/11, SSR treehouse villas and OKW 11/11, Pop Century 11/12, Disney Fantasy Western 11/12, Bay Lake and Disney Fantasy Eastern 10/14
sue is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 10:40 AM   #3
mammacaryn
Don't be a JERK!

These are the locations on the DREAM:
deck 2 (opposite 2002),
deck 5 (opposite 5192),
deck 6 (opposite 6508),
deck 7 (opposite 7014),
deck 8 (opposite 8150),
deck 9 (opposite 9500) and
deck 10 (opposite 10572

Thinking they are the same or very close to the same on the Fantasy.

January 2009 Disney Wonder-Bahamas
March 2010 Disney Magic-Western Caribbean
March 2011 Disney Dream-Bahamas

mammacaryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:45 AM   #4
boogabuzz
DIS Veteran

Do the laundry rooms have detergent? If so, how much is it? Wondering if I should purchase the travel packets of detergent they sell at Target(or maybe just bring a few of those Tide cubes)
boogabuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:03 AM   #5
CT Mom of 3
Mouseketeer

There was one on Deck 9 on the Fantasy. They do have packets of detergent - I think it was only $2 or so - I wouldn't bother bringing your own.

CT Mom of 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #6
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Deck 2 on the Fantasy has a nice laundry room toward the forward area. I believe the above list for the Dream is accurate for the Fantasy as well.

There are vending machines selling products for $1 (KTTW card swipe). Washer $2, dryer $2 (all card swipe). I take the opposite approach to the suggestion above--I do bring some detergent from home packaged for single load use. It is a lot less costly to get Purex 3 in 1 sheets or Tide Pods than to buy the stuff on the ship, and I don't find this to be a big deal. The machines are HE (when considering detergent). Interestingly, the detergent in the vending machines were regular (not HE) in May. Odd, I know.

No need for quarters; everything works on key swipe.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:29 AM   #7
NWmom
DIS Veteran

For those with allergies- you can now get All Free and Clear in the pods as well.
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #8
love280mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammacaryn View Post
These are the locations on the DREAM:
deck 2 (opposite 2002),
deck 5 (opposite 5192),
deck 6 (opposite 6508),
deck 7 (opposite 7014),
deck 8 (opposite 8150),
deck 9 (opposite 9500) and
deck 10 (opposite 10572

Thinking they are the same or very close to the same on the Fantasy.
oh my, I'm in room 7014. I'm hoping it wont' be too noisy with people coming and going. Are they open all night?
Old 09-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #9
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Just a PSA about the laundry rooms - the amount of machines can vary GREATLY so check it out BEFORE you schlepp your laundry!

We were on deck 8 forward (room 8512) on the Fantasy. I saw that the laundry room on deck 8 was all the way in the aft section. I schlepped 3 loads of laundry alllllllll the way back only to find that there were 2.... 2!.... washers and 3 dryers. The laundry on deck 9 is much bigger and has 6 washers and 7 dryers.

Detergent (the machine said All but Tide powder was dispensed) and dryer sheets (Snuggle - 2 sheets per box) cost $1. The washers & dryers cost $2 each cycle. All is paid for electronically by swiping your room key.

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
It'sWDW4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #10
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by love280mickey View Post
oh my, I'm in room 7014. I'm hoping it wont' be too noisy with people coming and going. Are they open all night?
Normally the laundry rooms are open 24/7. However, if it is noisy, complain to Guest Services. In the past they have posted a "Be Considerate....keep the noise down" sign and when that didn't work, they closed/locked the laundry room at night. This was on the Magic.

It is typically not a problem.

The laundry rooms on the Magic and Wonder are very uniform in size and number of machines. On the Fantasy there is a lot more variation. The one on deck 2 is large with lots of machines.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:44 PM   #11
jahber
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sWDW4me
Just a PSA about the laundry rooms - the amount of machines can vary GREATLY so check it out BEFORE you schlepp your laundry!

We were on deck 8 forward (room 8512) on the Fantasy. I saw that the laundry room on deck 8 was all the way in the aft section. I schlepped 3 loads of laundry alllllllll the way back only to find that there were 2.... 2!.... washers and 3 dryers. The laundry on deck 9 is much bigger and has 6 washers and 7 dryers.

Detergent (the machine said All but Tide powder was dispensed) and dryer sheets (Snuggle - 2 sheets per box) cost $1. The washers & dryers cost $2 each cycle. All is paid for electronically by swiping your room key.
How odd. I used the deck 8 laundry room on the Dream and I remember there being more than two washers. There were almost certainly 3 or 4 on the bottom row. Could they have changed the layout on the Fantasy? Or maybe I am remembering wrong?

The deck 5 laundry on the fantasy had 6-8 washers and the same number of dryers. Plus, it's a deck with fewer rooms because of the kids' club. So if anyone on the Fantasy is already aft anyway, try deck 5!

Oh, and OP, maybe it's just me, but I always forget how to use the washers between cruises. Read the directions! They don't work the way you might expect them to
Dream 4-night Bahamas Halloween 2012
Fantasy 7-night Western 9/12
Dream 4-night Bahamas 5/12
WDW too many times to count!
jahber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:54 PM   #12
FBDM66
Permanent Resident of Main Street USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by love280mickey View Post
I was in 7012. Noise wasn't a problem at all.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:51 AM   #13
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahber View Post
How odd. I used the deck 8 laundry room on the Dream and I remember there being more than two washers. There were almost certainly 3 or 4 on the bottom row. Could they have changed the layout on the Fantasy? Or maybe I am remembering wrong?
Hmm, maybe. I just remember walking in to the laundry room on deck 8 and both washers were in use. One was finishing in 10 minutes or so but the other still had an hour on it. With 3 loads in my bag, I knew that I had to find another laundry room!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahber View Post
The deck 5 laundry on the fantasy had 6-8 washers and the same number of dryers. Plus, it's a deck with fewer rooms because of the kids' club. So if anyone on the Fantasy is already aft anyway, try deck 5!

Oh, and OP, maybe it's just me, but I always forget how to use the washers between cruises. Read the directions! They don't work the way you might expect them to
ITA!!! Even WITH reading the directions, I was pretty clueless - thank goodness someone "in the know" came in as I was struggling and he helped me out. I somehow wound up with 2 extra $2 charges on my stateroom bill. How that was possible considering how the system is set up is beyond me but there were 2 extra charges. Guest Services did remove them when I explained that I only had 3 loads and I must have done a doozy in confusing the system!

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
It'sWDW4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:37 AM   #14
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Here are pics of the Launderette on Deck 2 forward....on the Dream.

Looks like 2 washers and 4 dryers:

View from Cabin #2002 past the Launderette towards the Forward staircase.

We stayed in Cabin #2004 and loved the forward location and had no problem with the noise even with the Launderette being across the hall.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:29 AM   #15
sara mom
Mouseketeer

We've always brought Tide Pods with us. I did want want to take a chance they would not carry it on board the ship.
sara mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: