Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 03:03 PM   #16
BuzznBelle'smom
There are tomato-ey paw prints all around the stove
I've never had it burn, and I do this regularly

Another vote for wegoshop! They will shop wherever you like. So if, for example, you want them to buy SPF50 waterproof sunscreen at Wal-Mart, they will. I found this particualrly handy, because I could look in my local Super Wal-Mart or Target, and list the exact brands/sizes I wanted of things.

They will include the receipt, and charge you that, plus the delivery fee. I know I tipped more than 10%, because the lady was so efficient and nice. Also, if you need a second delivery during your trip (i.e., you run out of sunscreen), it's a reduced charge.
BuzznBelle'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:15 PM   #17
Sphinx610
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dassjs View Post
Hi All,

We will be arriving at WDW in less than a month (yeah!). We take the Magical Express transportation to the resort. We don't want to rent a car but am interested in getting some groceries -peanut butter, Chobani yogurt, gold fish, bread, etc. I normally ship water to my resort but since my peanut butter got confiscated at the airport the last time and the fact that WDW doesn't sell Chobani yogurt, I'd like to get groceries in Orlando. I know some folks have mentioned Garden Grocers but they don't sell the natural peanut butter or pineapple Chobani yogurt, does anyone have any other options? If so, can you tell me when you need to order, what the delivery charges are, etc.? Thanks so much!!
BTW Garden Grocer does sell Chobani... I just ordered from there...
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2012, 09:17 PM   #18
Dwheels
Mouseketeer

Love wegoshop! I have used them numerous times and always very pleased. They even deliver beer wine and liquor.
Dwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #19
Dwheels
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hblackb
We just placed our first order with wegoshop for next month. The women we spoke with was very nice and helpful. The one question I have for people that have used them in the past is, what is a good tip for a $150 order? Should I give 10% or a flat $10 or $20. The reason I ask is, my friend used the service and he told me they were a little upset with his tip. He never told how much it was, but he is nototiusly cheap so I can only imagine it was only a couple of dollars. If the service is good and on time I want to tip them accordingly. Thanks
I have given %20 every time!
Dwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #20
dandemom
Earning My Ears

Another vote for wegoshop. We've used them twice and will again for our January trip. Especially handy because we have food allergies so I can go to Walmart and read ingredients ahead of time.

We always have them leave it at bell services and are charged the standard delivery rate plus 10%. They put it right onto the credit card.
dandemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:12 PM   #21
NJShoreDad
Mouseketeer

Tried Garden Grocer - we are going back to WeGoShop

Just returned from a trip on 11/14. Stayed at BLT and had groceries delivered by Garden Grocer. Prior trip we used Wegoshop. I am definitely going back to Wegoshop.

We decided to try Garden Grocer because the online ordering seemed easier, rather than submitting a grocery list. It also seemed like the prices were a bit cheaper. However, Garden Grocer messed up our order. Also don't think they are really that much cheaper (if at all.)

We arrived to BLT to a message that our groceries had already been delivered. I thought this was great - that we would have our stuff right from the start rather than having to wait. Turns out we had some, but not all of our order. Once we finally got our stuff to the room and took stock of it all, we found out that they did not deliver all of it. Besides "normal" groceries, our order included a case of water, and some beer, which they did not deliver. I immediately called to find out that they did not have the ID information I sent them, which was the excuse for missing the beer (no excuse for the water.) I claim BS, because I faxed my ID info several days prior, but I immediately resent it. I also let them know that they forgot the water, which ID or not, should have been delivered. Unfortunately we would have to wait an extra day as they had no more deliveries scheduled for that day. I could do for a day without the beer, but with 7 of us, we could have used the water, and had planned our supplies around this. We ended up discarding some of the unopened bottles of water.

My issue with Garden Grocer is that they never informed me that they were missing the ID information as they claimed (again, I did fax it nearly a week prior.) If there was an issue, they should have reached out and said, "hey, we don't have your info, so you won't be getting X,Y and Z." Nope, no communication.

Back to WeGoShop for us.
Offsite June 2002 - Anniversary
Poly Oct 2007 - First family trip
BLT Dec 2010 - First trip "Home"
BWV + DCL "Magic" April 2012
BLT Nov 2012
VGC Nov 2014- First Disneyland trip!
DCL Dream August 2015
NJShoreDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: