Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2012, 08:21 PM   #1
angrn
Earning My Ears

Adult using non expiring child ticket

My husband (40) has a non-expiring (antique!) child ticket from when he young. Somehow, his parents saved it all these years and have now given it to us. Will this be honored at the park for an adult entry? I understand this can be done for more recently purchased tickets, I'm just wondering what would happen if he shows up attempting to use his non-expiring ticket from the 70's.
Thanks!
angrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:10 PM   #2
Disworldluv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrn View Post
My husband (40) has a non-expiring (antique!) child ticket from when he young. Somehow, his parents saved it all these years and have now given it to us. Will this be honored at the park for an adult entry? I understand this can be done for more recently purchased tickets, I'm just wondering what would happen if he shows up attempting to use his non-expiring ticket from the 70's.
Thanks!
The non-expiring ticket will be honored however he will have to upgrade to an adult ticket and the difference in price.
Disworldluv is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2012, 09:57 PM   #3
gratefulfred
Mouseketeer

When in the 70's did they go to a general admission ticket and back then did they expire? I have a book of tickets for individual rides from 1974.
gratefulfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:12 PM   #4
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Info for this scenario can be found in post #8 of the ticket sticky at the top of the Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies forum. Found here...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684

to all the newbies. There is a lot of info in the sticky threads. They can answer many questions. They are located at the top of each forum.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:48 PM   #5
gratefulfred
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Info for this scenario can be found in post #8 of the ticket sticky at the top of the Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies forum. Found here...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684

to all the newbies. There is a lot of info in the sticky threads. They can answer many questions. They are located at the top of each forum.
Ok I read it can you send my somewhere that can tell me about my old individual ticket book so i don't have to read through all of that
Old 09-19-2012, 05:34 AM   #6
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

I'm going to move this over to the Theme Parks forum. There's several threads about ticket information there.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:40 AM   #7
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disworldluv View Post

1- The non-expiring ticket will be honored

2- however he will have to upgrade to an adult ticket

3- and the difference in price.
1- Correct.

2- Correct.

3- Incorrect.
There will be no additional charge to upgrade the partially-used "child's ticket"
of the SAME INDIVIDUAL (now grown) into an adult ticket for use at the park.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:40 AM   #8
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

If the ticket is partially used then the original guest regardless of age can use it up. A CM att he turnstile may or may not send the guest to a ticket booth to have the ticket re-issued; there is no charge for this.

If the child ticket is unused then it can be given to any child of appropriate age but will not be exchanged, unused, at no charge, for an adult ticket.
Hotel scam! Someone "from the front desk" calls your room phone or knocks on the door, usually after midnight, asking for your credit card number to complete your billing or you will be kicked out. Don't give it to him. It can wait until dawn when you stop by the front desk. This includes Disney's resorts too.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:44 AM   #9
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefulfred View Post
When in the 70's did they go to a general admission ticket and back then did they expire? I have a book of tickets for individual rides from 1974.
Disney went to general admission "pay one price" tickets in 1982, when Epcot opened.

You may wish to save the ticket book for your scrapbook rather than use it.

Note that using more than one ticket during one vacation tends to result in a cost per day somewhat higher than buying and using just one ticket for the whole vacation. If you needed to buy a new Magic Your Way ticket of 4 to 9 days for your vacation, intending to also use up the remains of an old ticket, then you save only $11. per day compared with adding more days to the new ticket and not using the old ticket.

A fully unused one day ticket book, complete with a coupon called a 'transportation ticket" on the front, could be exchanged for a one day (special non-upgradable) ticket. They also sold 2-day and 3-day books way back when. If the ticket book was partially used, the remaining individual coupons have trade in values ranging from roughly 20 cents (A-tickets) to about one dollar (E-tickets for the more spectacular rides) each.
Hotel scam! Someone "from the front desk" calls your room phone or knocks on the door, usually after midnight, asking for your credit card number to complete your billing or you will be kicked out. Don't give it to him. It can wait until dawn when you stop by the front desk. This includes Disney's resorts too.

Last edited by seashoreCM; 09-19-2012 at 05:57 AM.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:56 AM   #10
WilsonFlyer

DIS Veteran

I gues it's just me, but that ticket is worth more as a memory of a childhood trip that its monetary value at the gate.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:08 AM   #11
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonFlyer View Post
I gues it's just me, but that ticket is worth more as a memory of a childhood trip that its monetary value at the gate.
I would keep it too - it's something most people will never even have seen. So besides the memories, it's a pretty rare piece of paper.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:20 PM   #12
gratefulfred
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueM in MN View Post
I would keep it too - it's something most people will never even have seen. So besides the memories, it's a pretty rare piece of paper.
Yes it is a great memory with my parents who are both gone it was 1974 and we stayed at the poly. i have one unripped book and two partial used. I was born in 69 and surprisingly remember alot from this trip.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:40 AM   #13
d1gitman
Mad About The Mouse!

Quote:
that's what i was thinking
d1gitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:46 AM   #14
ghtx
"In this times that all strategies seem to be death and you pay to eat fart and make a line in the parks of DW and just a few rides..."

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SueM in MN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefulfred View Post
Yes it is a great memory with my parents who are both gone it was 1974 and we stayed at the poly. i have one unripped book and two partial used. I was born in 69 and surprisingly remember alot from this trip.
Hmmmm... I suppose it depends on how many days remain on it. If it's several days, then that's an awfully expensive souvenir! If you want old tickets as souvenirs, here's a cheaper option: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...ckets&_sacat=0

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: