Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2012, 09:18 AM   #16
4leobeans
Earning My Ears

I was unable to get dinner reservations for our trip at the end of January, so I'm hoping to do lunch there....sounds great!

Cannot wait
4leobeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:08 AM   #17
pookie10
Looking for my Prince....again :(

We are picky eaters, so we are going for lunch, midweek, offseason....the dinner menu sounds disgusting to us...lol.....hope we can sit in the ballroom!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-23-2012, 07:16 PM   #18
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie10 View Post
We are picky eaters, so we are going for lunch, midweek, offseason....the dinner menu sounds disgusting to us...lol.....hope we can sit in the ballroom!!
We are very picky too. 2 of us had steak w/o the butter sauce and fries. Can't get much more simple than that. It was good.
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #19
CakeArt
Earning My Ears

We ate there last week for dinner and thought it was the best meal of the trip. Service, food and atmosphere were all great! I had the salmon, DD had the shrimp/scallops, and DM had the steak. All delicious.

The "grey stuff" was brought out for DD's bday. We loved everything about the place. It's really breathtaking.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:01 AM   #20
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

We went for lunch and dinner the 2nd week of Dec.
At lunch all 3 rooms were open. I assume because of the popularity of the restaurant.
Food and service were good not wonderful but good. Just the line getting in there was long.

For dinner 2 rooms were open, the west wing and ballroom.
Food was good (seasoned fries was CRAZY salty tho, I had to send it in and get an unseasoned one), we had the salmon, hen and kids pasta.
All were good.
Service was kinda slow but understandable with the level of crowd they were having.
We requested the West wing for dinner at the podium and they were able to accommodate us.
cseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #21
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

We did lunch there. Get there early. It's super busy. Here is my video from our lunch there.
http://youtu.be/b_79w_k_o-I
1990 Offsite (I think?) - 1992 Port Orleans - 1993 Dixie Landings - 1996 All-Star Sports - Nov 1999 Disney Institute - Nov 2001 Offsite (Sheraton Vistana) - June 2006 Grosvenor Resort - Christmas 2007 Regal Sun Resort - Sept 2010 Pop Century - Dec 2012 AOA
mike the canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:21 AM   #22
collegejunkie
DIS Veteran

we just did both. lunch today, dinner on 12/21. dinner wasn't good at all, but lunch was great. i definitely recommend lunch over dinner

merry christmas!

collegejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:48 AM   #23
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie10 View Post
Disgusting?

We ate there twice a couple weeks ago - as most have reported, it was absolutely delicious, and the ambiance beyond what you could ever imagine at Disney - we'll be back at least twice a trip (already scheduled for Apr. '13).
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:58 PM   #24
MVC1225
Mouseketeer

Ate lunch there on the 18th (all three rooms open) and dinner on 21st (ballroom). We would both 100% recommend lunch over dinner.

We thought lunch was great. We split the onion soup, the steak sandwich, turkey sandwich, and a lemon cupcake. The soup and sandwiches were all very good and the cupcake was wonderful. Lines were long however so go early; we lined up at 11:00 and ordered by 11:25.

Dinner was ok at best. We both had the steak and Outback's steak is better. We liked the butter on the steak. One of us had mashed potatoes instead of the fries and they were TERRIBLE. We also had the potato soup (very good), the strawberry cupcake (excellent) and chocolate cream puff (just ok).

Since what we liked best at dinner (soup and cupcake) you can get at lunch, we cancelled our February dinner reservation and just will have lunch again.

As for the character at dinner, Beast was announced and walked through ballroom at 6 pm and then you could take pictures with him after dinner in the study.
April 2014 - Disney Dream
Future Trips: August 2014 - offsite; October 2014 - MNSSHP, US and IoA

MVC1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:25 PM   #25
kddisney502
P: What's the problem with Goofy?
L: Wish I knew, he's fine with Pluto.

We ate lunch there during the previews. We loved going during lunch since you could choose which room to eat. The food was ok, but nothing special. For us, it was more about the experience than the food, so we didn't care. The lunch prices are very reasonable and selection good for even picky eaters. We would do lunch again and eat the rosé gallery. The rose gallery was our favorite room (more to look at) and its only open for lunch.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:29 PM   #26
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

We ate both lunch and dinner there a couple weeks ago.

I really enjoyed the dinner experience much more. Lunch felt like a cattle call, with people squeezed in everywhere. Dinner felt much more relaxed and allowed a better chance to just relax and enjoy the atmosphere.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:55 AM   #27
PaulaSB12
DIS Veteran

I had tried to get an ADR for Christmas Day but not managed to. On Christmas Eve I decided to go for lunch while I was standing next to the podium a couple asked about walk ins he said come back after 3:45 as there is often space because of no shows that got me thinking. So I went and had lunch enjoyed it and left. Christmas Day I had an early lunch and at 5pm went back to ask bout the chance of a walk in I GOT IN. So that was lunch and dinner I bog yesterday!,,

PaulaSB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:19 AM   #28
XGrumpy1
DIS Veteran

I just made an ADR for the end of May for dinner, checked all three days we are there and only found a 4:35 PM for dinner.

It looks like 180 days is the way to try and get a reservation here!
XGrumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:41 AM   #29
TACK
Mouseketeer

We did both Lunch and Dinner. Lunch was definitely better for us. We ate in the Rose room and everyone enjoyed it. I found that dinner was not as enjoyable. We were in the ballroom which was very noisy. The food was lukewarm and just 'ok'. Maybe because it was out of pocket, I was expecting better. We went back a few days later for lunch and was able to try the last room in the castle and once again, enjoyed it.

Bottom line, I prefer lunch over dinner.
TACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:47 AM   #30
PaulaSB12
DIS Veteran

Have to admit I prefer lunch to dinner.
PaulaSB12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: