Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 08:20 AM   #31
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

No Isila, sorry other way around, its flavoured moreso then spicy!! I know what you mean, DH made the mistake of getting a vindaloo before.. he cried like a baby!

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
2014: Disneyland Hotel - November 2015 Kyriad/Cheyenne - March
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:11 AM   #32
Isila
There is a big beautiful tomorrow

So, it's fine for kids who don't like spicy food? It sounds different way of fast food and I get so tired of those usual counter service lunches.
Isila is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 12:12 PM   #33
kizzabel

Yeah it should be fine. The chicken seemed much nicer then the normal chicken nuggets too.

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
Old 01-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #34
Isila

Thanks a lot. Added to my list. People do many reviews on dinner places, but so little on counter service ones.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:06 AM   #35
Disneyfanswicklow
Disney Fanatic!

Fabulous Trip Report - really getting into the Disney spirit for myself! See you heading to HNY in 2 weeks - wow you will love it - have you emailed disney guest relations to tell them it's a birthday trip - we did that for our eldest 18th birthday last trip and we got upgraded and a bedroom filled with balloons along with a disney mug full of sweets

Jo Olivia
Disneyfanswicklow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:16 PM   #36
kizzabel

Hi Jo, Im going to email tomorrow and let them know its my little chickens 4th birthday. And cross some fingers and toes. I had a one night stay in May and loved everything (even the smell!!). Cannot wait to stay there again. Eeek I think I'm finally getting excited for this trip.

But alas (or Alice! haw haw) I must finish this TR 1st! I had it all typed up and the laptop had a funny turn so I'm dedicating tomorrow morning to finishing it And then I can work on the next PTR!

Previous Trips:

Upcoming Trips:
Old 01-08-2013, 01:55 AM   #37
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isila View Post
Thanks a lot. Added to my list. People do many reviews on dinner places, but so little on counter service ones.
Snif and my review from Septembre

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post46174588

People do TR but never then copy the restaurant parts into the restaurant reviews threads Hint hint .....

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:58 AM   #38
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Love the TR Kizzy You can see the happiness and excitement right from the start with your DD
Hope your OH is well on the mend now and that 2013 brings you lots of great things

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:51 AM   #39
kizzabel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat View Post
Love the TR Kizzy You can see the happiness and excitement right from the start with your DD
Hope your OH is well on the mend now and that 2013 brings you lots of great things
Thanks a mill Carrie, its looking up now Hes doing great now, he just has to remember to take his tablets and not do too much.
She was so excited and we spent the days doing all the things she loved (bar Crush!) so I do think she really enjoyed it, its always a fear that the walking and long days and tiredness (plus 3 days of being told "No, we can't get it now. You can buy something on the last day") will lessen the magic for her.
DD is prone to dramatics, shes fierce emotional and you hate to see her not getting the most out of it but this time, I think maybe because she's getting grown up, she loved every second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat View Post

People do TR but never then copy the restaurant parts into the restaurant reviews threads Hint hint .....
Lol, I always mean to do this and I used to be better at posting reviews but I will definitely do more detailed reviews on the next trip. We are trying some eateries that are new to us on the next trip so I'll make a dedicated effort!

Next part is coming up

Previous Trips:

Upcoming Trips:
Old 01-08-2013, 04:40 AM   #40
kizzabel

Day 03 - Mini Alice Day

Mad Hatter: "Oh yes mustard! That'll do... Mustard? Don't let's be silly. Now lemon, that's different"

We were up with the larks at 7am and down for the Dream Castle's breakfast. The continental fare was lovely but the hot counter just didn't cut it. The scrambled eggs were under cooked and the sausages and bacon were just wrong but we had our juice, cereal and pain au chocolat and were eager to be off to the parks

Caterpillar: "Who are you?"

We got to the parks and headed straight for iasw but soaked it all up so we didn't take photos. We then had a spin on Teacups but got a slow one (boo hiss)

Mad Hatter: "Do you care for tea?"
Alice: "Why, yes. I'm very fond of tea."

The girls then went to help Buzz defeat Zurg while I got FPs for Peter Pan. It was then time for some window shopping down along Main St and a stroll around Frontierland and back to Fantasyland and we then queued for Princess Pavillion tickets and went almost straight in and DD met the lovely Belle.

We then sat down at the Castle stage just in time to catch the Halloween show, which I thought was great for younger children. DD loved it and it was great that there was so much interaction with the audience.

We waited while Elaine got her AP filled and we were getting peckish so it was time for lunch so we headed for Toad Hall and had double fish and chips while DD had the chicken nugget kids meal. Ours came to a little under €20 with discount and was very fresh and tasty.

We then happened upon some unfriendly faces in the Castle Courtyard.

Cheshire Cat: You know? We could make her *really* angry! Shall we try?
Alice: Oh, no, no!
Cheshire Cat: Oh, but it's loads of fun!

Does anyone know who this guy is? He took a liking to Elaine and just stood still staring her down! She felt so awkward! Hilarious.

We next bumped into a very friendly (and familiar face). Alice! She admired Jemma's Alice earrings and dress and they enjoyed a nice cup of tea.

March Hare: "If you don't care for tea, you could at least make polite conversation!"

We had a lovely cruise on Les Pays which Elaine hadn't seen before and decided to head on back to the hotel to freshen up. We had a little relax and then headed back to the Village and had a lovely stroll around the shops. We decided it was to be a Studios afternoon and we took a spin on Cars. It was then time for Stitch Live in english so we took a ride through space with our favourite alien. He had a chat to DD and we avoided his attentions We were suffering sore feet and Cinemagic was starting so we watched and really enjoyed the show. It just never gets old

It was getting late and we left the parks for the day to have dinner in McDonalds which was cheap and cheerful. The Daim McFlurrys were fab. We finished up our shopping and went back and showered and hit the hay.

Previous Trips:

Upcoming Trips:
Old 01-08-2013, 05:09 AM   #41
kizzabel

Day 04 - Home

We were up early again and had breakfast and moseyed on down to parks. We left our suitcases at the luggage room at the gates which was free with our Dream APs. We then explored the Castle and had a go on Buzz.

We went to Salon Mickey for a coffee and cookie and while we were there I got news that my husband had collapsed the night before. He had had his gall bladder out in September and the acid his body produces during diegestion was not being broken down correctly since his operation and it resulted in him collapsing in pain and vomitting alot on the Tuesday night. Luckily his 17 year old nephew was there at the time and had rung the ambulance for him and stayed to mind our DS. He spent the night in hospital (which was tough on him as he was treated in the same room where we had watched his brother pass away back in June) and was discharged on the following morning and put on new medication and is awaiting an appointment for tests at the minute.

I was very upset but decided not to tell DD as she would be so upset and so the rest of the day we spent aimlessly walking around doing very little. We spent a lot of the day in the Pocahontas play area as I wanted DD to enjoy it still but the only other thing we went on were flying carpets.
The neighbours were great and helped DH out and my Mam came down and helped out that day.

We had dinner in Annettes (can't even remember what we had) and collected our bags before going to the entrance to the station to wait on our shuttle.

They were 30mins late and then got us lost on the way back to the airport (Elaine has a better understanding of the French language and heard the driver tell his friend that they had taken a wrong turn). We went 30mins out of our way so Elaine decided not to pay the balance (€19) she owed as we barely made check in and it caused so much stress on what had already been a horrible day. My Dad collected us in Dublin and brought us home and I was never so relieved to see my husband.

Overall the trip was great, it was just such a pity DH was so ill but hes doing great now.

Alice: When I get home I shall write a book about this place... If I ever do get home.

Previous Trips:

Upcoming Trips:
Old 01-09-2013, 12:49 PM   #42
Disneyfanswicklow
Disney Fanatic!

Oh dear I hope your hubby is doing ok awful news to get when you are away from home you poor thing!

Bit of a nightmare getting to airport - what shuttle service did you use??????

Nearly time for your next trip!!!! you must be so excited!!!!

Jo Olivia
Disneyfanswicklow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:17 PM   #43
CassieReynart
Mouseketeer

The character you met and didn't know who he is, Governor Ratcliffe from Pocahontas Would love to meet him. Your TR has convinced me I need to go for Halloween next year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzabel View Post
Day 04 - Home

They were 30mins late and then got us lost on the way back to the airport (Elaine has a better understanding of the French language and heard the driver tell his friend that they had taken a wrong turn). We went 30mins out of our way so Elaine decided not to pay the balance (¬19) she owed as we barely made check in and it caused so much stress on what had already been a horrible day. My Dad collected us in Dublin and brought us home and I was never so relieved to see my husband.

Oh dear, What a horrible trip back you had! We had a similar thing happen to us (shuttle nearly TWO HOURS late and drove to the wrong airport, made check in with literally 30 seconds to go) and that was nailbiting enough without having to worry about anyone back home. I hope your husband is doing better.

Thanks for such a great report. Now I am craving Hakuna fries!! xxx

Future Trips - * Christmas 2014 *
//Previous Trips// Santa Fe Jan-Feb 2014 * Dream Castle / Sequoia October 2013 * Cheyenne / Sequoia Feb 2013 * Sequoia Sept 2012 * June 1997
CassieReynart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:18 PM   #44
kizzabel

PM sent Jo and we are crazy excited!!

Thanks Cassie, thats just a bit ridiculous, I thought we had it bad but the wrong airport!!! Hubbies going great. Ive told him already - no collapsing this next trip! I liked Halloween but Christmas is just the best. So much more theming imho.

Previous Trips:

Upcoming Trips:
Old 01-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #45
Isila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat

Snif and my review from Septembre

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post46174588

Thanks, now I wonder if I've done it myself.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: