Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 01:21 PM   #91
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Need to catch up on your last couple of posts, but just wanted to take a moment to wish you a

natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:36 AM   #92
Chabby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queila View Post

How hard can it be to find a job that you really like?!?

Have you thought about interpreting? You speak at least 2 languages I presume?

I'm an over the phone WAH Spanish-English interpreter and I love it!
Chabby is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #93
Chabby
Mouseketeer

I'm really enjoying your TR, but I don't usually reply much to TR...

So sorry about your fertility issues, I know how hard that can be. I was there for 5 years
Old 07-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #94
Queila
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Need to catch up on your last couple of posts, but just wanted to take a moment to wish you a

Thanks Dee!
Queila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #95
Queila
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chabby View Post
Have you thought about interpreting? You speak at least 2 languages I presume?

I'm an over the phone WAH Spanish-English interpreter and I love it!
Thank you very much. I believe I would be a good interpreter so I will absolutely look into it. How many hours a week should you be available to take calls? I do speak English, Portuguese and French,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chabby View Post
I'm really enjoying your TR, but I don't usually reply much to TR...

So sorry about your fertility issues, I know how hard that can be. I was there for 5 years
Thank you very much. I am hopeful.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #96
Queila
DIS Veteran

Quick Life Update

Summer has officially started but days are still a bit gray and the temperatures are still mild for this time of the year but we are trying to make the most of it. Gosh... I miss the sun.

As of this week I am back to working part time and it feels awesome.

Back in April I was shopping for a pair of Birkenstocks when the salesman noticed my Mickey necklace. He said he had something in the back that he thought I might like:

It was 50% off and it practically had my name written on it. I just could not resist it. I had to bring it home. I think you guys will aprove.

In the month of May we took a short trip to Toronto and ended up visiting Niagara Falls. It was Bea's first time, the day was beautiful and we had a lovely time:

Also in Toronto Joey and I got to visit the restaurant where we had our first Canadian date 13 years ago:

Then in June my mom came to stay with us for a month. I was so looking forward to spending some quality time with her. Unfortunatly the day after she arrived I had to bring her to the doctor because she was complaining of some horrible pain on her chest and on her back. Turns out she had shingles.

I was happy she did not have to go through it by herself in Brazil but it put a little damp on our plans for the month. Finally by the end of the trip she started feeling better and we were able to do some fun stuff together in Montreal:

This past weekend we threw our annual pool party at our backyard and right now I am packing for a little get away in Massachusetts for this week. So I guess we have been busy which is a good thing.

Hope everybody is having a good Summer.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #97
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This past weekend we threw our annual pool party at our backyard and right now I am packing for a little get away in Massachusetts for this week. So I guess we have been busy which is a good thing.

Hope everybody is having a good Summer.
Still need to catch up on a couple of updates.

Are you going to the Cape? Even though I am in Massachusetts, you were closer to where I live on your last visit to the area!

Have a fantastic time. Weather is supposed to be HOT, HOT, HOT!!!
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:56 AM   #98
Chabby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thank you very much. I believe I would be a good interpreter so I will absolutely look into it. How many hours a week should you be available to take calls? I do speak English, Portuguese and French,
It depends on the company (there are many of them), and if you work per hour or per minute. If you are paid per hour logged in you will get a schedule and it should be at least 20 hours per week. If you are paid per interpreted minute you may have complete freedom to log in and out.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #99
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry your mom got sick and that it cut into the time you got to spent with her. Aside from that, you seem to be keeping yourself quite busy with lots of fun things.
I'm pretty sure you can't complain about the temperatures being too mild anymore?
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:06 PM   #100
Queila
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I'm pretty sure you can't complain about the temperatures being too mild anymore?
Isn't is awesome? That is what Summer is all about!
Old 07-08-2013, 03:35 PM   #101
Queila
DIS Veteran

Day 4- Wednesday- Aug. 29th 2012- Character Breakfast at DHS.

So this day we had an extra early start because of our reservations at 8am at Hollywood & Vine. The year before we had an early breakfast at Akershus and we really enjoyed to have access to the park before opening time so we wanted to do it again this time.

We were at our bus stop a little before 7h30 am and the bus came right away. We met a bunch of Brazilians in our bus and they were also going to eat at H&V so that was fun.

The forecast for the day said "no rain" so we were super excited about that! It was early morning but the humidity was already very high and we could tell it was going to be a hot day.

We had to wait for about 15 minutes at the turnstiles of the park until someone from H&V came and checked us in. Once inside we were directed straight to the restaurant where we waited outside for another 5 or 10 minuted before they called our name.

This character breakfast is called "Play and Dine" and it features some of the characters from the Disney Junior TV channel.

She is into it.

It was the perfect time for us to experience it because Beatriz was in the peak of her obsession with Disney Junior (she has moved on a bit ever since).

During the meal we got to meet Jake from the Neverland Pirates:

Special Agent OSO:

You think she is excited?!?

Then there was June from Little Einsteins (or "little nice guys" as Beatriz used to call them):

And Manny from Handy Manny:

So the "play" part of the experience consisted of CM's recruiting the kids during the meal to gather in the middle of the restaurant to dance and sing Disney Junior songs with the characters.

To my surprise Beatriz refused to participate. She only wanted to watch.

I tried to encourage her by going to sing and dance myself but she demanded me to sit down.

I did not know it was possible for a mother to embarrass her 4 year old but apparently it is doable.

As to the "dine" part of the experience it was basically a standard Disney buffet with eggs, pastries, fruits etc... There was nothing spectacular about it but everything was very tasty.

I was very happy to be reunited with this guy:

Overall, we had a very good time At Hollywood & Vive and I recommend it to anyone who has kids into the Disney Junior characters. It was a great way to meet them and have some great Disney food at the same time.

We were still waiting for our check when the park opened at 9am so the boys made a run for Toy Story Mania FP's and then met us back at the restaurant for the start of our day at the park.

Next up:
Is Beatriz tall enough to ride some "big girl" rides?

Last edited by Queila; 07-08-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #102
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

Why hadn't I notice update.

Your pictures are great!

Disney junior is still a bit new to me. Let's just say that having no kids I don'T watch it often hehe

Yes, a 4 y/o can be embarrassed by their parents. Well they can be embarrassed by a stranger too lol Just speaking from experience lol

I'll Have Coffee With A Side of Monorail - July PTR
My YouTube Channel
My art page
2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),, 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
PopArtGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:46 PM   #103
Queila
DIS Veteran

Ok... no excuses for my abscence except for this one:

35 weeks and counting!

Q

Last edited by Queila; 02-04-2014 at 01:51 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:57 PM   #104
cherjp
I am a disney nutter! Every time I reply I kill the thread..... stone dead!!

That is the most wonderful news Queila , so so happy for you and your family, xxx lots of love xxx
Old 02-04-2014, 01:58 PM   #105
cherjp
I am a disney nutter! Every time I reply I kill the thread..... stone dead!!

meant to add , if you can, keep us up to date with your news , its fabulous hearing from you again .

xxx

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: