Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2014, 06:54 PM   #1
beckyx3
Mouseketeer

You Can't Give Yourself a Nickname! Updated 6/30!

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!

We returned last Sunday from 8 wonderful days in Walt Disney World. It was me with my best friend/boyfriend/Disney partner in crime, Ricky, and we had so much fun!

This trip was to celebrate Rickyís graduation and his birthday, our 5 year anniversary, and the end of the worldís longest winter. We spent May 25-29 at Pop Century and May 29-June 1 at the Wilderness Lodge. This was my graduation present to Ricky.

So who are we?

(Please ignore the blurriness) Iím Becca! By day, I pretend to be an adult with a full time job and taking classes online to get my Masters. By night, Iím a Disney fan who loves everything Disney and everything Disney is doing with Marvel. I grew up going to Disney so I consider myself a vet (although I had my noob moments this trip). My favorite park is a tie between the Magic Kingdom and EPCOT. My favorite ride is Splash Mountain. And my favorite character is Buzz Lightyear and currently my favorite princess is Ariel. I also feel the need to add my favorite World Showcase pavilion, UK, because Iím pretty much in love with all things British.

This is Ricky. Heís the graduate who got a big boy job back in December. He worked so hard in school and Iím so proud of him. Ricky also grew up going to Disney, his sister was even a cast member for a while! His favorite park is EPCOT, his favorite ride is also Splash, and his favorite character is Brer Rabbit. I also think its noteworthy to say that he absolutely LOVES Ohana.

We flew out on May 25 and returned home on June 1. We ate, danced, became secret agents and joined the rebel alliance (as best as either of us knew how). We laughed. I cried. And we just wanted enjoyed each others company. So please, come and relive our magical vacation with me, wonít you?

Last edited by beckyx3; 06-30-2014 at 07:42 PM.
beckyx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:55 PM   #2
beckyx3
Mouseketeer

Last edited by beckyx3; 06-30-2014 at 07:41 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2014, 05:47 PM   #3
beckyx3
Mouseketeer

Time to get this thing rolling! Sorry there wonít be too many pictures. Travel day and all.

The day before we left was pretty hectic. Actually, the week before we left really was. I only worked for 3 days because I had gone out with my sister, brother-in-law and nephew to a Phillies event on Monday. Then Wednesday was Rickyís graduation, so I took the day off for that.

The weekend wasnít any less crazy. We went out with friends on Friday night, then saturday night was my cousinís graduation party was saturday night. Ricky packed all day saturday and came to town to hang out for the party. I, of course, was not packed. I had at least done a load of laundry! We got home from the party around 7ish and I packed the night away even though I promised this year I wouldnít. We finally went to bed around 11 to be up for a 4:30 am flight. But I couldnít sleep. At all. I was way too excited and my sister had come in around 2 am, and after that I was awake. I spent my time browsing Facebook and Buzzfeed and wishing I had food and had packed sooner so maybe I wouldíve been fast asleep.

4:30 finally came and I got up and got ready. My dad was driving us to the airport (arenít Dadís the best?). We got everything ready, got our wonderful Magical Express tags on our bags and we headed out to Philadelphia. Can I just say I think that the Philly airport gets a bad rep? Iíve had more delayed flights in other cities in the past 3 weeks than in the last 10 years going out of Philly. And bonus! Thereís Chickieís and Peteís in the terminal we usually leave out of. Going through security is also always a breeze.

We got to the airport around 5:30 and passed through security. We got to our gate with time to spare, and nothing was open except for McDonalds so I pulled out my laptop pretending I was going to do school work and wait for ABP to open. The one downside to PHL is that apparently they havenít yet discovered Starbucks. Oh well! We boarded around 6:30 and we were on our way!

The flight was uneventful. We watched part of the Avengers until Ricky fell asleep and I realized it would be a good idea I do the same. By the time we woke up we were getting ready to land!

On the ground at 9:30 and we headed to an empty Magical Express line.

We were on our way by 9:35 and I just couldnít believe we were there!

So what did we do first? Youíll just have to stay tuned to find out!
Old 06-21-2014, 01:20 PM   #4
I_Luv_Stitch
Mouseketeer

Following along, can't wait to read more

Me (Jess 18) Mum (DisneyJo) Dad Ellie

Read my first TR here (2008 trip)
I_Luv_Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:31 PM   #5
beckyx3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Luv_Stitch View Post
Following along, can't wait to read more
Welcome!! Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to comment along the way
Old 06-22-2014, 08:33 PM   #6
beckyx3
Mouseketeer

Time for another update!

When we last left off, we were on the Magical Express heading to POP.

We got to POP and headed straight for check in. Last summer we had a great room in the 70s building. It was super close to Classic Hall which we absolutely loved. So we made the same request this year: 70ís building with a king bed.

Check in was pretty smooth. Except for some reason, I canít figure out why, they mixed up our celebrations. This always happens to us. I had said we were celebrating Rickyís graduation and his birthday. When we checked in, I got a birthday button and he got a blank celebrating button. We just decided weíd get a customized graduation button when we went to the Magic Kingdom.

We got our room assignment, king bed in the 80s. We werenít thrilled but the room was ready so we decided to keep it. The entire time we were there, we went a whole bunch of different ways to get back and forth to the room. Iím not sure which way even ended up being the fastest!

We headed to the room and dropped our stuff off and tried to decide what we were doing. We only made fastpasses for the night so we had plenty of time. We decided to head over to Epcot. The only issue we faced was that I had no sunscreen because we had packed it away. I burn easily, but we figured weíd manage (and I ended up fine!)

We hoped on a bus and we were at the gates by 11:30! Iíd barely eaten all morning and I was ready for something. So we just decided to head over to the Electric Umbrella because it was quick and I couldnít wait!

We got in line and I ordered some chicken nuggets and fries. We headed up to the 2nd floor and sat and watched the people walking past the entrance of Mouse Gears. We were so excited. We talked about what we were doing during the trip, what we would be doing for the rest of the day. It wasnít busy because it was still a bit early, but it started to get crowded by the time we were done.

We had we decided to do after lunch?

Last year we fell in love with Agent Pís World Showcase Adventure. We had loved the hidden surprises and getting to discover the different nooks and crannyís of the countries. So we decided weíd spend our afternoon playing.

But first, we had to stop at Goofyís soccer topiary!

I played soccer for 10 years so I was excited to see that this was still up. I'm enjoying the World Cup thoroughly even though my back up team was eliminated. Now it's just the USMNT!

We chatted with one of the cast members working there. He was from our area and we got to have a little chat about Philly. It was nice!

After having fun one the pitch, we headed over to the Agent P stand. We were hoping for a mission in Mexico but none were available. More on that later!

Agent R was given a mission in China so we Mission Impossibled our way over.

We went through the mission and really enjoyed it.

Iíve never really seen the China pavilion, so I was really excited to take a look at the terra-cotta warriors.

After saving China, we decided to take a boat ride with our favorite Cabarellos. There was actually a line, but we moved pretty fast. We headed through Mexico trying to find Donald. He made it to the concert on time and all was right.

By this point, Ricky started to feel his hunger pains. He decided on La Cantina and some chicken tacos. He really enjoyed the food and decided that we should try this again some other visit.

After Ricky finished eating, I was starting to fade. I had barely slept a wink and the heat was crazy. Weather here had still been pretty yo yo like. So I wasnít used to the heat.

We caught a bus and ended up back at POP around 1:45.

We walked through the parking lot and saw this really awesome car.

We got back to the room and opened the door and only saw my luggage and had a minor panic. Until we opened the door more and found his hiding behind it. Silly us!

After the luggage was situated, I laid down for a bit of a nap.

So what happened after? What did we have in store for the night? Youíll just have to wait and see!
Old 06-23-2014, 01:53 AM   #7
I_Luv_Stitch
Mouseketeer

I can't wait to try Agent P's adventure when I go in 8 days time, as it seems such a good way to explore more of the countries!
Love the photos of you both in goal! Who was your back up team in the World Cup?!?
That car is so cool, they must love Star Wars!!

Old 06-23-2014, 12:45 PM   #8
beckyx3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I can't wait to try Agent P's adventure when I go in 8 days time, as it seems such a good way to explore more of the countries! Love the photos of you both in goal! Who was your back up team in the World Cup?!? That car is so cool, they must love Star Wars!!
We love Agent P! A few countries even have different missions. The cast members also told us that they're getting new smart phones for the game soon! So if you get the chance to play please report back and let me know if they changed. Also, my back up team was England. I even thought they'd do better than the US!

Where are you staying? I hope you have a great time!!!
Old 06-23-2014, 12:56 PM   #9
nilla
The sky is falling!

Subbing!

We flew out of Philly this year (and several other times) and rarely, if ever, had a problem.

The Goofy soccer topiary was really cool, but we never got a chance to get a photo there. Well, we got a chance, but didn't take it.

I'm also coming up with my own explanations for Ricky's blurred-out t-shirt logo. I'm sure they're more interesting and controversial than the actual explanation

Last edited by nilla; 06-23-2014 at 01:03 PM.
nilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:12 PM   #10
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

joining - congrats to Ricky on graduating!

Guessing you probably didn't sleep too well last night either after the US Soccer Game

Oh, and I am going to guess that Ricky's t-shirt is blurred out because it had the name of a University he originally thought he was going to go to but ultimately didn't - like if you get your girlfriend's name tattooed on your arm and then break up with her and you have to get it scratched out

**In Progress** Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:34 PM   #11
I_Luv_Stitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyx3 View Post
We love Agent P! A few countries even have different missions. The cast members also told us that they're getting new smart phones for the game soon! So if you get the chance to play please report back and let me know if they changed. Also, my back up team was England. I even thought they'd do better than the US!

Where are you staying? I hope you have a great time!!!
Ooh I definatly will report back, that's so exciting!
England are terrible, but we've got so many expensive players!
Saratoga Springs for 15 nights!! Thank you, I'm so excited

Last edited by I_Luv_Stitch; 06-23-2014 at 03:12 PM.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:37 PM   #12
beckyx3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilla View Post
Subbing!

We flew out of Philly this year (and several other times) and rarely, if ever, had a problem.

The Goofy soccer topiary was really cool, but we never got a chance to get a photo there. Well, we got a chance, but didn't take it.

I'm also coming up with my own explanations for Ricky's blurred-out t-shirt logo. I'm sure they're more interesting and controversial than the actual explanation
Welcome! Thanks for stopping by. Weíre really close to PHL and I enjoy it way more than other places Iíve flown out of. And unfortunately the short of Rickyís shirt is that heís just nervous about the whole internet thing and his profession, but itís from where he grew up! I blurred it out just messing with it and I havenít thought about it since. Hopefully no one hunts him down! (I shouldíve thought of a much more interesting story!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
joining - congrats to Ricky on graduating!

Guessing you probably didn't sleep too well last night either after the US Soccer Game

Oh, and I am going to guess that Ricky's t-shirt is blurred out because it had the name of a University he originally thought he was going to go to but ultimately didn't - like if you get your girlfriend's name tattooed on your arm and then break up with her and you have to get it scratched out
Thanks for stopping by! And that game! All weekend I was saying they would win because Ronaldo was playing injured, but he just showed why heís one of the greatest players in the world. It was a beautiful cross and a great header, I admired it even though I was mad. And sadly the Ricky explanation isnít all that exciting, but the girlfriend analogy was great!

Quote:
Ooh I definatly will report back, that's so exciting!
England are terrible, but we've got so many expensive players!
Saratoga Springs for 15 nights!! Thank you, I'm so excited
When I played I hated watching, playing 3 seasons out of the year I didnít really want to spend my down time watching games, but I have a new appreciation for it now that Iíve been out of the game for more than half a decade (). My dadís a fan of the premiere league, he watched CPR until they were dropped and my sister is a West Ham fan because she lived there. I chose Aston Villa just because I wanted a team but I didnít want a big name team. And Iíve never stayed at Saratoga Springs! Thatís so exciting.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:52 AM   #13
AllAboutPaige
Earning My Ears

Hello! I'm really enjoying your trip report so far. I love reading trip reports where there aren't kiddos around, it gives me a better idea of what my trip will look like. Looking forward to reading the rest!

AllAboutPaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:50 AM   #14
I_Luv_Stitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
When I played I hated watching, playing 3 seasons out of the year I didnít really want to spend my down time watching games, but I have a new appreciation for it now that Iíve been out of the game for more than half a decade (). My dadís a fan of the premiere league, he watched CPR until they were dropped and my sister is a West Ham fan because she lived there. I chose Aston Villa just because I wanted a team but I didnít want a big name team. And Iíve never stayed at Saratoga Springs! Thatís so exciting.
We're Norwich City fans in this house, due to all the family coming from there! (I even had a Norwich City baby grow, but luckily there is no photographic evidence ) My cousins support West Ham, (they're 6 & 7) and for Christmas it was just all West Ham related presents!
We've never stayed there either, we've walked round it but that was in 2008, so it will be very exciting!

Old 06-24-2014, 08:40 PM   #15
beckyx3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutPaige View Post
Hello! I'm really enjoying your trip report so far. I love reading trip reports where there aren't kiddos around, it gives me a better idea of what my trip will look like. Looking forward to reading the rest!
Welcome! I hope you enjoy and can get a feel for whatís going to happen on your trip. Will it be your Honeymoon trip? Just saw your ticker!

Quote:
We're Norwich City fans in this house, due to all the family coming from there! (I even had a Norwich City baby grow, but luckily there is no photographic evidence ) My cousins support West Ham, (they're 6 & 7) and for Christmas it was just all West Ham related presents!
We've never stayed there either, we've walked round it but that was in 2008, so it will be very exciting!
Thatís such a fun Christmas! Iím sure they absolutely loved it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: