Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #1
js
Good things come to those who wait
Joyful Mommy, WISHer, cruiser
Wants to see Tinkerbell fly!

From DVC to Caribbean Beach Resort, Plesae Help!

Hi.

We are DVC members but will be staying at Caribbean Beach Resort in March for my ds's baseball tournament in Disney.

We own a 3 bedroom T/S at Orange Lake Country Club and also stay at Disney using our DVC.

How is Caribbean Beach Resort? Is it a nice and clean place to stay?
Thanks so much!!!
I guess I just need reassurance.
js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:37 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

It may be a shock to you being DVC owners as CBR still has double beds. Although they are supposed to start getting queens in 2013, just don't know when.

Even with the double beds, CBR is our favorite moderate. During our stays, our room and the grounds have impecibly clean. We love the laid back relaxed atmosphere. We have stayed when the resort is at capacity and it never felt like it. Our DS10 loves the pool. We usually plan on at least one, mostly 2, resort days.

Our favorite location is Jamaica 45 as it's just a short stroll over the bridge to OPR and the Main Pool. It's beautiful in the morning.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2012, 06:34 PM   #3
Julie711
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by js
Hi.

We are DVC members but will be staying at Caribbean Beach Resort in March for my ds's baseball tournament in Disney.

We own a 3 bedroom T/S at Orange Lake Country Club and also stay at Disney using our DVC.

How is Caribbean Beach Resort? Is it a nice and clean place to stay?
Thanks so much!!!
I guess I just need reassurance.
I agree with dansdad CBR is a beautiful resort. We have stayed here 4x and love the Caribbean atmosphere and the pool is great! Our DD (4) loves the kiddie pool area. Just love the Caribbean vibe, music , landscaping!

Me DH DD(6yrs)DS(2 yrs)

9/06- CBR- Honeymoon/ 4/10- CBR- 1st Family Trip/ 8/10- CBR- Family & Grandmom Visit/ 5/11- CBR/ 2/12-AKL- Kid Free Trip For My B Day!/ 11/12- BWV- 1st Christmas Visit 4/13-DL-DH Birthday Trip Kid Free/ 9/13-WLV

Julie711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:53 PM   #4
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

cbr is nice. It is big - no elevators - and you can walk alot at this property.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:20 PM   #5
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

It's been awhile since our stay (2002), but we loved CBR . The grounds were beautiful, the food court was good, and the bus transportation was awesome . We thought the resort was great and we wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:03 AM   #6
js
Good things come to those who wait
Joyful Mommy, WISHer, cruiser
Wants to see Tinkerbell fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
It may be a shock to you being DVC owners as CBR still has double beds. Although they are supposed to start getting queens in 2013, just don't know when.

Even with the double beds, CBR is our favorite moderate. During our stays, our room and the grounds have impecibly clean. We love the laid back relaxed atmosphere. We have stayed when the resort is at capacity and it never felt like it. Our DS10 loves the pool. We usually plan on at least one, mostly 2, resort days.

Our favorite location is Jamaica 45 as it's just a short stroll over the bridge to OPR and the Main Pool. It's beautiful in the morning.
Thank you very much. Double beds! YIKES! I guess my dh and I will be sleeping in seperate beds LOL The boys are in rooms of 4 so this sounds awfully terrible for them, especially being in HS, YIKES. I bet he will end up in my room LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie711 View Post
I agree with dansdad CBR is a beautiful resort. We have stayed here 4x and love the Caribbean atmosphere and the pool is great! Our DD (4) loves the kiddie pool area. Just love the Caribbean vibe, music , landscaping!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
cbr is nice. It is big - no elevators - and you can walk alot at this property.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
It's been awhile since our stay (2002), but we loved CBR . The grounds were beautiful, the food court was good, and the bus transportation was awesome . We thought the resort was great and we wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.
Thank you all VERY VERY much! I feel a lot better reading that it is clean and a nice place to stay. Thanks for taking the time to answer me.
js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #7
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Another DVC owner (and confessed resort snob) chiming in - CBR, along with CSR, is our go-to WDW resort when not using points. Over 20 years of frequent WDW overnights (I live nearby), CBR is the only WDW resort to post not a single disappointment. Ever. Every room I've had has been immaculate and well-maintained. Every room I've had has been quiet. Grounds are gorgeous, pool delights my son, food court has a decent variety, staff is always friendly. All of that keeps us coming back. In fact, I've been trying to talk myself into booking a Value or a place off-site for an upcoming weekend, in order to save money, and I can't seem to get past wanting to be back at CBR or CSR.

I run Disney!
Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012 ~ Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
PrincessV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #8
connie1042
DIS Veteran

Have one of them bring a blow-up mattress, if they do not want to be sleeping with someone. Fits well in CBR room. We love CBR. Our favorite resort.
connie1042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #9
lisam427
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Every room I've had has been immaculate and well-maintained. Every room I've had has been quiet. Grounds are gorgeous, pool delights my son, food court has a decent variety, staff is always friendly. All of that keeps us coming back. In fact, I've been trying to talk myself into booking a Value or a place off-site for an upcoming weekend, in order to save money, and I can't seem to get past wanting to be back at CBR or CSR.
i agree. the last time we were there was september 2010. the rooms, the food court, the pool, everything this poster has said about this resort had been our experience when we were there. im looking forward to going back. you will not be disappointed!!

lisam427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:44 PM   #10
Sweet Pea Reed
Mouseketeer

Making my first ever tip there this February. Already booked a reservation, and was able to get a room with a king bed.

I've been reading these boards an awful lot in the past few weeks, since this is my first time back to WDW in 20 years. Can someone tell me if/how I can select a specific village there? I booked the resort in August. I really would like to stay in Jamaica 45. Is it too late to select that?
Old 09-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #11
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea Reed View Post
Making my first ever tip there this February. Already booked a reservation, and was able to get a room with a king bed.

I've been reading these boards an awful lot in the past few weeks, since this is my first time back to WDW in 20 years. Can someone tell me if/how I can select a specific village there? I booked the resort in August. I really would like to stay in Jamaica 45. Is it too late to select that?
call whoever you booked with and add your request to your reservation.

the only problem might be no king beds in Jamaica 45 - so might just say Jamaica with Jamaica 45 is possilbe

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:54 PM   #12
twinboysmom
DIS Veteran

We are dvc owners and stayed at cbr in April. We loved it and despite the full size beds, we would stay there again in a heartbeat. It was beautiful, tranquil, and despite being at capacity, it never seems crowded. Our room was also immaculate.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:04 PM   #13
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by js View Post
Thank you all VERY VERY much! I feel a lot better reading that it is clean and a nice place to stay. Thanks for taking the time to answer me.
I think you will really enjoy CBR. Have a great trip .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:09 PM   #14
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

Former DVC owner here and I concur, cbr is great!

The rooms are the same size as WL & AKL rooms, ours have always been spotless.

We did 11 nights at CBR as a family of four (kids are teens) and managed fine.

We love the grounds, pools (love having a quiet pool in each village), and food court. One thing we REALLY missed having at a deluxe or dvc was a food court.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Old 09-20-2012, 09:13 PM   #15
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

Forgot to add we loved the beach area with all the lounge chairs and hammocks. Dh and I enjoyed sharing a hammock on the Jamaica beach with a great view of Illumunations.

The theming is great, love the Caribbean music they pipe in at the main area.

Cbr also has a great pool bar!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: