Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

Not long now and still managing to keep the secrete!

Well this wk has been so so very hard for me!Ive wanted to tell the boys every single day

Dh says that ive manged this long"just over a yr" and so do not blow it now.

The hardest part was when i got the mail from Mickey!!!
Disney Uk sent us our Gift card,Voucher book,planner etc and it took all my strength not to run around the house screaming Infact i wanted all day for Dh to come home to open it & then he made us wait until the boys was all in bed.......

We have just ordered our Photopass-plus (we have never done photopass so im very excited) I love pictures and now Dh wont be abe to say anything about me already done too many as he will want his money's worth too haha.

Postoffice insurance is done.We got the yr one as im determined to sneak a 10day trip in for Dh and myself next yr if we dont move stateside for our posting!Plus my mum and I are ment to be doing a China trip together as her 80th Bday present.

We buy our waterproof video camera this wk end so we can play around with it before the trip.
All clothes for the boys are packed they have a whole new case full including shoes pants socks etc as part of their surprise.

My case is growing by the day it nearly doesnt shut

Dh has finally taken an interest in the planning and has taken over by doing spread sheets etc of all our ADR's.
Plus he made the SURPRISE WK END countdown calander which is really cool.The ask everyday where it is we are going they have NO clue as they still think its Alton towers or Chessington.

We are now stuck on how to tell them though.
Originally it was going to be a treasure hunt around our Camp that would lead them home to the car telling them we are going out to dinner at the Mexican and then after dessert a cake would be brought out saying were going to Disney tomorrow!!
BUT
While at Frankie & Benny's the other day I noticed they do Pancakes and bacon for breakfasts and so the restaurent is actually on the eay to the airport its only a tiny 2 mile detour SOOOOOO...I was then thinking how cool would it be to tell them over PANCAKES!!

We would still do the hunt that would lead them to the car...My mum will have all the cases in her car as we need to take 2 cars so they wont know how much we are taking with us,We would then tell them were stopping off for breakfast when they arrive we will have them put up balloons they say SURPRISE and then after pancakes we will have them bring out the cake that tells them were going to Disney TODAY ....They will still have time to plan and get excited as we are staying at the airport that night due to Twilight check-in.

I actually now prefer the breakfast idea as there fav food is pancakes! plus i will get them to bring them out in the shape of Mickey i might even get them to write your going to Disney in sauce on the pancakes plate

Me 28,DH 32,DS 10, DS"Twins"8

Last edited by tinkerpea; 09-18-2012 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Just want to add that I know secret has NO E on the end but have no idea how to edit the title!
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
joolz1910
I would have gone down to reception in my robe and slippers
I can't decide if it's sweet or sinister

I have kept the secret too. My eldest knows but the youngest two (8 and 5 ) have no idea!

I have decided to tell them we are going to Legoland Manchester and staying at the Premier Inn the night before. My plan is to tell them at the airport that we are going to WDW! The only reason I'm not telling them before then is the worry of a sleepless night before the flight, although I might change my mind if they start to get suspicious.

I don't know about you, but I'm hoping that their reactions make all this secrecy worth it!
2009 DLRP (DLH)
'Just Like we Dreamed it...at the DLH'
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)
2012 OKW at WDW 'A Whole New World'

joolz1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2012, 11:58 AM   #3
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joolz1910 View Post
I have kept the secret too. My eldest knows but the youngest two (8 and 5 ) have no idea!

I have decided to tell them we are going to Legoland Manchester and staying at the Premier Inn the night before. My plan is to tell them at the airport that we are going to WDW! The only reason I'm not telling them before then is the worry of a sleepless night before the flight, although I might change my mind if they start to get suspicious.

I don't know about you, but I'm hoping that their reactions make all this secrecy worth it!
Oh god it best be worth it lol! They better be jumping up and done and thanking me for like EVER haha.

They have said so many times when waking them for school that they wish i was telling them we was going to Disney instead

We really wanted to tell them at the airport too,but i was too worried that because we are doing Twilight check-in and have meet & great for the cars that there wouldnt be enough time to actually do the reveal and that they would be asking what was happening while im sorting the meet & great.I want to have time to video it and really enjoy the reveal.

Me 28,DH 32,DS 10, DS"Twins"8
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #4
joolz1910
I would have gone down to reception in my robe and slippers
I can't decide if it's sweet or sinister

Yes, I want tears of joy at the very least.

My youngest wants to go to 'Disneyland' and asks me regularly. They think I am saving towards a trip in the future. My middle DD had a dream that we were going and was so disappointed when she woke up.
2009 DLRP (DLH)
'Just Like we Dreamed it...at the DLH'
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)
2012 OKW at WDW 'A Whole New World'

joolz1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #5
madmumof2
DIS Veteran

I'm doing a surprise reveal too!!

I've made a DVD of our reveal!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtp...y-world_travel

I can't wait, so excited now, 22 more days!!! :D

I've also made (still not finished!) a folder for each of them for the plane, telling them everything we've got planned, everything we've booked, Discovery Cove and Hard Rock Hotel for the first time etc, dinner invitations, wedding invitations etc so by the time we get there they'll be ready to burst with excitement and will know everything they've got to look forward to :D

That will also serve to help with the flight boredom! We have 4 seats, baby on lap, so keeping all three happy will be a toughie, the amount of things I've included in their folder, and their hold luggage too, should keep them occupied for hours :D

Oct 2012 - 2 weeks Southern Dunes+1 night at the Hard Rock Hotel!
Oct 2009 - 2 weeks Pop Century
Jan 2000 - 2 weeks Ramada Inn International Drive
Oct/Nov 1995 - 5 weeks Lindfields Villa, Kissimmee

Last edited by madmumof2; 09-18-2012 at 02:32 PM.
madmumof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:23 PM   #6
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Awww guys! Does someone want to surprise me with a trip to WDW?! Haha!

I can't wait to have kids to surprise them like this... Thats obviously not the main reason (DBF wants to have kids so he can have Lego!) but it can't hurt right?!

Xx

2013's Big Celebration Christmas Trip 'Finally got my own way!'...October 2012 TR Playing 'I Spy' in Disney... December 2010 TR Our Youtube Channel

DLRP August 2004 DLRP June 2008

WDW October 2000 WDW April 2003 WDW December 2006 WDW December 2010 WDW CSR October 2012 WDW December 2013
Tinkerbell1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #7
CAROLINE4
Mouseketeer

This was the best thing we ever did!
here is the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-ag9...t=HL1334869796

and their reaction! i apologize for how scouse i look and sound on this! fast forward to 9 mins 15 xx its amazing and makes me fill up every time xx memories forever! xx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwXOq...t=HL1334869796

xx

caroline n Jay Connor Callum Cole Ava
Off site march 2007-solana, off site october 2009- formosa gardens and MARRIED ON COCOA BEACH!: off site April/May 2012 Lisax is my sister!xx
CAROLINE4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:33 AM   #8
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Cindy I would def go with ur gut feeling but mine would be the frankie and bennies. There is no harm as well buying a mickey mouse cake stamp so they can cut the pancakes to mickey shape for u. Could u not get some indoor sparklers as well so the plates come sizzling
Im so glad everything is goin well. Im so excited for you all. I want to see a picture of there faces. I would probably cryIf my parents had done this
crabbie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:40 AM   #9
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAROLINE4 View Post
This was the best thing we ever did!
here is the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-ag9...t=HL1334869796

and their reaction! i apologize for how scouse i look and sound on this! fast forward to 9 mins 15 xx its amazing and makes me fill up every time xx memories forever! xx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwXOq...t=HL1334869796

xx
Caroline what a great reveal. Made me cryHope u all had a great time. Xx
crabbie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:54 AM   #10
misspickle
Mouseketeer

well done to the both of you, we were trying to do the same until my eldest went snooping on my iphone and saw my countdown calendar so we told my youngest and he wasn't bothered haha
its nice talking freely about it hahah
Old 09-27-2012, 11:34 AM   #11
CAROLINE4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbie1 View Post
Caroline what a great reveal. Made me cryHope u all had a great time. Xx
Aww thanks Crabbie its the best thing i have ever done! memories for life! x

Off site march 2007-solana, off site october 2009- formosa gardens and MARRIED ON COCOA BEACH!: off site April/May 2012 Lisax is my sister!xx
Old 09-27-2012, 01:30 PM   #12
luke
Señor Mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAROLINE4

and their reaction! i apologize for how scouse i look and sound on this!
Noone should ever apologise for that

Old 09-27-2012, 01:40 PM   #13
CAROLINE4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke View Post
Noone should ever apologise for that

hahaha! not sorry for being scouse, just hate the way i sound and with rollers in also....well!!

Old 09-27-2012, 01:50 PM   #14
luke
Señor Mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAROLINE4

hahaha! not sorry for being scouse, just hate the way i sound and with rollers in also....well!!
noone likes the sound of their own voice. I especially have to 'soften' my accent when talking to Americans or they just can't understand me

Old 09-27-2012, 02:34 PM   #15
Sarah28
DIS Veteran

How exciting! Well done you for keeping it a secret for so long too

Loved that video Caroline, thanks for sharing just so magical to see kids reactions - makes me well up whenever I see the adverts or watch videos like this. I hope to do this one day when we eventually have children!

WDW: April 1999: Port Orleans French Quarter • October 2011 (Halloween & MNSSHP): All Star Music - Engaged in the Haunted Mansion! - Read this TR here!
August 2013: Old Key West Read this PTR here!

DLRP: Oct 2005 (Halloween trip!): Santa Fe • May 2006: Santa Fe • February 2007: Santa Fe • December 2007 (Christmas trip!): Santa Fe • October 2008 (Halloween trip!): offsite
February 2010: offsite • November 2010 (Christmas trip!): offsite • February 2012: offsite • June 2012: offsite • October 2012 (Halloween trip!): offsite • June 2012: offsite • July 2013: offsite • April 2014: Magic Circus
Sarah28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: