Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 06:05 AM   #16
ThBa
DIS Veteran

OK....thanks for the info.

I will order an AP by post far in advance, so I don´t have the 2 day difficulty.

Old 09-19-2012, 06:13 AM   #17
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Location: sur les cases bleues du monopoly -1 mile from Disneyland Paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThBa View Post
OK....thanks for the info.

I will order an AP by post far in advance, so I don´t have the 2 day difficulty.

The 2 days start after the day when you activate it in the park at the AP office (ie when you sign your contract and they take your photo) not from when you buy it from anywhere.

So it doesn't matter if you buy it now for use in January the 2 days still will stand

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 06:23 AM   #18
ThBa
DIS Veteran

Hmmmm......I have to ask again.

I need the AP for 26th March 2013 onwards. So my plan is to buy them via post at the beginning of February.

I will stay onside so there will be no block out dates for me.

Does it means, that I can not use the Francillien on the 26th ?

Old 09-19-2012, 06:33 AM   #19
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Hmmmm......I have to ask again.

I need the AP for 26th March 2013 onwards. So my plan is to buy them via post at the beginning of February.

I will stay onside so there will be no block out dates for me.

Does it means, that I can not use the Francillien on the 26th ?

If you buy them in February by post, and you don't go to DLP to get them made into a permanent annual pass before 26th March, then 26th March, when you do get your posted AP made into the permanent laminated annual pass at DLP, is the first day of its validity. You can use your AP on 26th March for park entry (this is Day 1).
This means you cannot use it for park entry on 27th March and 28th March, but after that, apart from on Francillien blockout dates (or if you are staying onsite), you can use it for one year from 26th March 2013, for park entry. As Carrie said earlier, days 2 and 3 after you validate your AP (so for you 27th and 28th March) are not blockout dates, but they are non-contractual dates, so as far as I'm aware they can't be used for park entry on either of those dates, regardless of where you are staying.

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun

Last edited by DLPdaft; 09-19-2012 at 06:40 AM.
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:35 AM   #20
Pluto_fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat View Post
There are no blackout dates if you are staying on site and have an AP but the 2 contractual no use days (2nd and 3rd day after activation) on the Francilien still stand and you can't enter the park even if you are staying on site.

It is in your contract and there are no exceptions.

You would have to buy a Fantasy or do something else on day 2 and 3
We purchased Fantasy passes back in April. I was thinking of planning a trip the week of 28 October, but we have blackout dates of 27-28 Oct and 31 Oct-4 Nov (so the only dates available that week are 29 and 30 October). Are you saying that if we stay at DCR (or any other Disney hotel), we can use our APs at any time during the week? Obviously we could if we bought a package for everyone that includes tickets, but I was thinking of trying the "book one adult package, add everyone else at checkin" strategy.

Sadly, I can't read my AP contract as it is all in French.

Thanks, Carrie!
Disneyland Aug 2006, daytrip Mar 1989, daytrip Jun 1985, daytrip
Pluto_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:43 AM   #21
ThBa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft View Post
If you buy them in February by post, and you don't go to DLP to get them made into a permanent annual pass before 26th March, then 26th March, when you do get your posted AP made into the permanent laminated annual pass at DLP, is the first day of its validity.
This means you cannot use it for park entry on 27th March and 28th March, but after that, apart from on Francillien blockout dates (or if you are staying onsite), you can use it for one year from 26th March 2013, for park entry. As Carrie said earlier, days 2 and 3 after you validate your AP (so for you 27th and 28th March) are not blockout dates, but they are non-contractual dates, so as far as I'm aware they can't be used for park entry on either of those dates, regardless of where you are staying.
But I will receive a laminated permanent anual pass by post !?!

I have used this Bon-de-commande last year: http://offres.disneylandparis.fr/FR/...e-commande.pdf and they have sent me a complete laminated AP.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:05 AM   #22
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto_fan View Post
We purchased Fantasy passes back in April. I was thinking of planning a trip the week of 28 October, but we have blackout dates of 27-28 Oct and 31 Oct-4 Nov (so the only dates available that week are 29 and 30 October). Are you saying that if we stay at DCR (or any other Disney hotel), we can use our APs at any time during the week? Obviously we could if we bought a package for everyone that includes tickets, but I was thinking of trying the "book one adult package, add everyone else at checkin" strategy.

Sadly, I can't read my AP contract as it is all in French.

Thanks, Carrie!
If you stay in an on site hotel your Fantasy blackout days do not apply and you can enter the park as on any other day.

But it has to be one of the Disney hotels

Vive la différence
Old 09-19-2012, 07:16 AM   #23
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
But I will receive a laminated permanent anual pass by post !?!

I have used this Bon-de-commande last year: http://offres.disneylandparis.fr/FR/...e-commande.pdf and they have sent me a complete laminated AP.
Thorsten you are talking about a totally different offer to this Promoparcs one

If you order by post on your link you receive a permanent annual pass if you order from Promoparcs you receive a temporary AP that looks like a normal ticket and lets you enter the parc and then you have to go to the AP office and fill out your contract etc.

If you look at the pdf that you have there it says in Article 3 that you are to respect the conditions of usage of the AP as laid out on the site and in your contact

The contractual 2 days apply if you buy a Francilien wether you buy it from them, from a 3rd party and wether you stay on site or not.

If you look here - run it through Google - points 3 - 4 - 38 explain it clearly.

http://www.disneycentralplaza.com/t2...aris-en-page-1

Vive la différence

Last edited by Carrie_Cat; 09-19-2012 at 07:25 AM. Reason: ETA DCP link very helpful
Old 09-19-2012, 03:14 PM   #24
ThBa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thorsten you are talking about a totally different offer to this Promoparcs one

If you order by post on your link you receive a permanent annual pass if you order from Promoparcs you receive a temporary AP that looks like a normal ticket and lets you enter the parc and then you have to go to the AP office and fill out your contract etc.

If you look at the pdf that you have there it says in Article 3 that you are to respect the conditions of usage of the AP as laid out on the site and in your contact

The contractual 2 days apply if you buy a Francilien wether you buy it from them, from a 3rd party and wether you stay on site or not.

If you look here - run it through Google - points 3 - 4 - 38 explain it clearly.

http://www.disneycentralplaza.com/t2...aris-en-page-1
Thanks Carrie for your help and this great link !

It helps a lot and I guess I will buy us a Fantasy to avoid the 2 days. Am I right ?

Old 09-19-2012, 03:41 PM   #25
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Thanks Carrie for your help and this great link !

It helps a lot and I guess I will buy us a Fantasy to avoid the 2 days. Am I right ?

yes, Fantasy AP doesn't have any non-contractual days .

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:13 AM   #26
ThBa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft View Post
yes, Fantasy AP doesn't have any non-contractual days .
That´s why I love this board. Great help !!

Thanks.

Old 09-20-2012, 07:22 AM   #27
Pluto_fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you stay in an on site hotel your Fantasy blackout days do not apply and you can enter the park as on any other day.

But it has to be one of the Disney hotels
Wow, I had no idea. Thanks so much!
Disneyland Aug 2006, daytrip Mar 1989, daytrip Jun 1985, daytrip
Pluto_fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: