Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
4forMe
DIS Veteran

Alamo - online check in vs. kiosk?

We are using Alamo for the first time using the insider's code.

When I booked the reservation, it showed that I can use either online check-in or kiosk. It appears online check-in would be faster as you go straight to the garage for your vehicle; however, I'm confused as to when you actually complete the online check-in. Would I check-in online before I depart for the airport or do I have to wait until I arrive at our destination?

I'm just totally confused.
4forMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:42 PM   #2
francie57
DIS Veteran

When we used the online check-in I did it the day before we left. I just entered the info it asked for, printed out all the paperwork and when we got to MCO just went to the garage. There was an attendant walking by us so I asked if we just went to pick out the car and she showed us to the aisle we had rented and we picked the car and went to the exit where we showed the paperwork, our licenses, and away we went.
francie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #3
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4forMe View Post
We are using Alamo for the first time using the insider's code.

When I booked the reservation, it showed that I can use either online check-in or kiosk. It appears online check-in would be faster as you go straight to the garage for your vehicle; however, I'm confused as to when you actually complete the online check-in. Would I check-in online before I depart for the airport or do I have to wait until I arrive at our destination?

I'm just totally confused.
Online is for checkin before you get to the airport you print out the paperwork at home. You cannot use online if you are using a coupon. If you are using a coupon, your options will be kiiosk or counter.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:30 AM   #4
4forMe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by francie57 View Post
When we used the online check-in I did it the day before we left. I just entered the info it asked for, printed out all the paperwork and when we got to MCO just went to the garage. There was an attendant walking by us so I asked if we just went to pick out the car and she showed us to the aisle we had rented and we picked the car and went to the exit where we showed the paperwork, our licenses, and away we went.
Thanks so much! I will just check-in the evening before we leave. I love the idea of going straight to the garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
Online is for checkin before you get to the airport you print out the paperwork at home. You cannot use online if you are using a coupon. If you are using a coupon, your options will be kiiosk or counter.
Thanks for the information. We don't have a coupon so I plan to do the online check-in. I usually do have some type of coupon, though, so this is good to know for our next trip.
4forMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #5
julirina
Close your mouth, Michael. We are not a codfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
Hi gmeh1 --

Confused. Per an email I have from Alamo:

"As a coupon was attached, you will not be able to use the kiosk self-serve check-in procedure."

This "coupon" is simply the AA Valley Offer e-code that I've seen everywhere (AD2359FDF). The above-referenced reservation has other issues so I will definitely be using the counter to check out. But we have a second reservation for another member of our party with just the insiders discount and this same coupon code...is there any reason we wouldn't be able to use the kiosk for that? Do coupons always bump you to the counter as Alamo implied? Thx for clarifying -- you are hands-down the most helpful DIS'er I've encountered so far.

julirina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #6
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by julirina View Post
Hi gmeh1 --

Confused. Per an email I have from Alamo:

"As a coupon was attached, you will not be able to use the kiosk self-serve check-in procedure."

This "coupon" is simply the AA Valley Offer e-code that I've seen everywhere (). The above-referenced reservation has other issues so I will definitely be using the counter to check out. But we have a second reservation for another member of our party with just the insiders discount and this same coupon code...is there any reason we wouldn't be able to use the kiosk for that? Do coupons always bump you to the counter as Alamo implied? Thx for clarifying -- you are hands-down the most helpful DIS'er I've encountered so far.
You should be able to use the kiosk. Many people do.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: