Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2012, 11:23 AM   #16
shortbun
Peacenik

I watched it and I thought it was ok but predictable. No good special effects, no tension. We all liked Terra Nova here too and were suprised when it was cancelled but I don't think they had support from the executives of the network. I am also looking forward to Last Resort and I'll watch Revolution a few more times in case they make it a bit more exciting. The head of the travelling Militia just wasn't gritty enough. The big city wasn't wild enough, ie. the street fighting was more like acrobatics.

USE IT UP, WEAR IT OUT, MAKE IT DO OR DO WITHOUT.

IF YOUR UPKEEP EXCEEDS YOUR INCOME THEN YOUR OUTGO WILL BE YOUR DOWNFALL.
shortbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #17
monkeybug
I feel safer when I know where they are than I do when they're crawlin' around unknown

I watched it and thought it was just okay. I'll watch a few more times in case it gets better.
The one thing I kept thinking though is why don't they just make their own power? It's not like you need sophisticated technology. They have wind, rivers, people...all things that can be used to make electricity. Heck, even a potato has enough energy to power a clock.
And what about solar power? They didn't snuff out the sun.
monkeybug is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2012, 12:03 PM   #18
plutotek
DIS Veteran

We're in the "give it a couple more episodes" camp. I was joking w/DW when Billy Burke was saying he had to leave, or something to that effect, that he was going to go hide in Forks and raise his vampire grandbaby!!

Last edited by plutotek; 09-18-2012 at 12:03 PM. Reason: just because
plutotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #19
Breezy_Carol
Who needs doors when you can use windows
Bugged by ticks
I had a dog that ate wood screws once

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCyndi View Post
I hope it improved after the first 15 minutes. I got bored and went to sleep.
I watched until the guys came in on horseback. Then i decided I didn't want to get sucked in again. I wasted 6 years on Lost.

Breezy_Carol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:19 PM   #20
sbell111
I don't care if people walk slowly, as long as they are willing to do it behind me
Our roomba locked itself in the laundry room not too long ago

A show like this has virtually no chance of making it, so I didn't bother TiVoing it.
sbell111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:51 PM   #21
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

Yeah, my husband wondered about why they didn't make their own power too. All I could think of is that whatever turned off the power to begin with was still affecting the world. And then the lady turned on a computer in her attic and threw that whole idea out the window.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:01 PM   #22
monkeybug
I feel safer when I know where they are than I do when they're crawlin' around unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM View Post
Yeah, my husband wondered about why they didn't make their own power too. All I could think of is that whatever turned off the power to begin with was still affecting the world. And then the lady turned on a computer in her attic and threw that whole idea out the window.
I'm thinking maybe the militia that took over prohibits the use of power? I just can't imagine it's that they can't make it, because how would they make that make sense? Lots of things have stored energy that can be turned into power, many that they showed in the premier.
monkeybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #23
Janepod
The new dinning plan is out. Need to get those ressies in!

I really enjoyed it. Loved the scene on the stairs! Probably shouldn't get too attached though; this will either be cancelled soon (e.g., Fast Forward, Terra Nova) or screwed with (Heroes.) I have the worst luck.
Janepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #24
mnrose
DIS Veteran

My nearly 13 year old DD LOVED it....and I think the Hunger Games audience is definitely the target for this show. I thought it was ridiculously predictable, and absurdly "out there" in terms of what would happen. Planes falling out of the sky when the lights go out?!?! Really? LOL!

Given CMEs (Coronal Mass Ejections), it is possible that a direct hit of sufficient magnitude would shut down the grid for quite some time, BUT there is no known phenomena that would result in the simultaneous shutting down of all vehicles (no explanation why this would happen). The science part of me was rolling my eyes at the absurdity of it all.

But, as I say, it is definitely a "must watch" for DD.
mnrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:34 PM   #25
BDL
DIS Veteran

I really liked the show. I loved the Giancarlo Esposito character. Just the right blend of suave and sinister. And I was a fan of David Lyons when he was the lead on The Cape (yes, I am 1 of the 47 people that devotedly followed that series). The one thing I didn't like was the way that Charlie was so whiny. It was like she was channeling season 1&2 Kim Bauer of 24.

I think I am going to really like the medieval times-Civil War era type battles that will take place. And am really interested in seeing how Gen. Monroe came into power.

BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:45 PM   #26
Princess Dolly
Unfortunately it encroached the danger zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL View Post
I really liked the show. I loved the Giancarlo Esposito character. Just the right blend of suave and sinister. And I was a fan of David Lyons when he was the lead on The Cape (yes, I am 1 of the 47 people that devotedly followed that series). The one thing I didn't like was the way that Charlie was so whiny. It was like she was channeling season 1&2 Kim Bauer of 24.

I think I am going to really like the medieval times-Civil War era type battles that will take place. And am really interested in seeing how Gen. Monroe came into power.
He's the only reason I am remotely interested. Loved him on Breaking Bad. Gus Fring was da bomb.
Princess Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:14 PM   #27
threeboysmom
I REALLY AM a Princess!!!
Hands off the crown! It's not for trade :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCyndi View Post
I hope it improved after the first 15 minutes. I got bored and went to sleep.
Same here! I might have lasted 20 minutes at the most.

I probably will look it up online tonight and attempt to watch the rest. If it continues with the "yawn" factor, I'll look for something else to watch. Someone mentioned Last Resort (?) - haven't heard of that one before...

Books Read: #1 My Year with Eleanor, #2 Trust Your Eyes, #3 Doctor Sleep, #4 Can Man Live Without God, #5 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, #6 The Woods, #7 When She Woke, #8 The Glass Castle, #9 The Rosie Project, #10 The Husband's Secret, #11 The Cuckoo's Calling, #12 Six Years, #13 A Mother's Hope, #14 Perfect People, #15 The Last Original Wife,#16 Star Island, #17 Pursuit of Peace, #18 Room, #19 Innocence #20 New Year Island, #21 Me Before You, #22 Unbroken

Currently reading: #23 You Don't Want to Know

threeboysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:24 PM   #28
CourtasanSatine
I'm partial to the 4th seaters
Has a crush on James Marsden
I'm a Trendy in a Preppy family

I'll give it another couple of weeks as well.

Come and get me boys: Satine

"For Justice!" "For Kibbles!"

"Or maybe its the plumbing!"

CourtasanSatine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #29
njcarita
BL II - Red Team
If a cow laughed, would milk come out her nose?
the name DANNY TERRIO pooped into my head
I swear I am full of useless information...

well we were not at all impressed....except for the 11 year old.............. my husband did not like it at all.............. i will give it another episode...my 14 and 17 year olds are on the fence.............we are such a sci fi....end of world family....luv the walking dead.....loved V..... etc etc.............this i think was just not well thought out.....................the events were too fast paced and far fetched.............. they must have caught a jet to Chicago ...lol...........and when the lady handed over a 15 year old inhaler and it still worked i was like dam thats some shelf life..........and dont even get me started on all the ninja moves.............it was just tooooooooooo unreal ..............but going to give it one more episode before i write it off

before 1988 didn't keep track- must have been over 20 times to disney- went every year with family

Here we go again!!!!
starting weight
Jan 1 2013 194.8lbs Height 5'9" BMI 28.8

Jan 1 2014 187.4 BMI 27.7Goal 150[/COLOR][/FONT]
njcarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:38 PM   #30
DianeV
DIS Veteran

There was a part saying if power was restored the militia (the main one with the bad guy) would use it to take over everything and people would be worse off...
DianeV is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: