Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-21-2012, 05:39 AM   #16
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders
 
maxiesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The West side of the mitten
Posts: 21,108

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamscometrue View Post
I have been offered store credit instead of a cash refund by the person processing the return so that I didn't lose the value of the Kohl's $$ or coupon used. If Kohl's begins changing too many of their policies that make them easy to shop at, they too will see fewer customers like JC Penney.
Ok, I have to ask: why should they give you the amount of your kohls cash back? It wasn't your cash to begin with. It wasn't money from your pocket. It is a coupon. I men, if they offered it back to me I would take it, but I don't think most places offer you your coupon back if you return the item you used it on.

I've worked retail for many years, and I think if they have made a change like that, they were probably losing a ton of money. Maybe it is because I have worked retail that I can easily come up with a way to scam the system. All you would have to do is make a huge purchase, and then return everything. Bammo, large amount of kohls cash for no out of pocket cost. Seems obvious, and would make voiding kohls cash after a return the smart thing to do.
__________________
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:16 AM   #17
delilah
DIS Veteran
 
delilah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Tornado Alley
Posts: 2,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajz90 View Post
If you take a store credit though, they will refund full amount. I've had it done both ways where they give cash credit for actual amount spent and store credit for other discount or total on store credit.

I love Kohls.
Our Kohls store doesn't give the store credit anymore. They will only give a credit on the charge card. They reduce the amount refunded by whatever discount received, and credit that amount, whether it's a % off or Kohls cash. We are in the Indianapolis area.
delilah is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-21-2012, 06:51 AM   #18
daughtersrus
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 5,796

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears View Post
Not anymore. You will no longer get back the $ coupons back (store credit or not). The pp is correct - If you use a $10 coupon on a $13 item, if you return it you will only get the $3.00 you paid out of pocket even if you choose store credit.
What if you buy a gift with KC and that person returns it with a gift receipt? Will they get a gift card for the value or will the clerk say "Sorry, they used KC to purchase this item so you don't get anything back for returning it" ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
All you would have to do is make a huge purchase, and then return everything. Bammo, large amount of kohls cash for no out of pocket cost. Seems obvious, and would make voiding kohls cash after a return the smart thing to do.
I think that this is exactly what is happening. A few months ago I was returning some items. There was a long line. In front of me there were at least 3 people that had large ticket items (Dyson, cookware and a designer purse). All of them were men. They all said that their wives didn't want the item. The clerks told them that they would loose the KC if they made the return. All 3 of them left with the items and said that they would check with their wives. Not one of them made a comment or put up a fight. When I asked the clerk about it, she said not to worry that it wasn't for people like me that were making honest returns but for the people that were trying to scam the system.

Last edited by daughtersrus; 09-21-2012 at 06:58 AM.
daughtersrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:08 AM   #19
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran
 
chocovrdmicears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,657

Quote:
Originally Posted by daughtersrus View Post
What if you buy a gift with KC and that person returns it with a gift receipt? Will they get a gift card for the value or will the clerk say "Sorry, they used KC to purchase this item so you don't get anything back for returning it" ?



Right now KC is not linked to a gift receipt. But it is my understanding that it will be soon. When that does happen, the same rules will apply to the returned item with the gift receipt:
If the Kohls cash has not been used, it will de-activate the value
of it if the return drops the original purchase below the $50 mark.
If th KC has already been redeemed, it will deduct the value of the merchandise credit to be issued for the gift being returned.


If the KC does end up affecting the $ amount you gt back, you always have the option of even-exchanging it for any other item in the store with the same price.
__________________
chocovrdmicears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:24 AM   #20
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders
 
maxiesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The West side of the mitten
Posts: 21,108

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears View Post

If the KC does end up affecting the $ amount you gt back, you always have the option of even-exchanging it for any other item in the store with the same price.
Hmm. Trying to figure out another way around this, and I'm coming up blank. Other than going and accosting the person who gave you the gift and then returned a bunch of stuff from the same purchase.
__________________
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:31 AM   #21
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran
 
chocovrdmicears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,657

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Hmm. Trying to figure out another way around this, and I'm coming up blank. Other than going and accosting the person who gave you the gift and then returned a bunch of stuff from the same purchase.
I'm not sure what you mean? What is it that you are trying to do?
__________________
chocovrdmicears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:35 AM   #22
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders
 
maxiesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The West side of the mitten
Posts: 21,108

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears View Post
I'm not sure what you mean? What is it that you are trying to do?
Trying to figure out how making a return would not negatively affect giving someone a gift that involved kohls cash.
__________________
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:47 AM   #23
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran
 
chocovrdmicears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,657

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Trying to figure out how making a return would not negatively affect giving someone a gift that involved kohls cash.
Ah! Gotcha!
Well currently KC is not tied to a Gift Receipt.
But if they change that policy the only way not to affect the persons Kohls cash from the original purchase is to even exchange it for another item in the store with the exact same original price.

So if they buy you a $40 sweater, on sale for $25, using a $10 coupon.
You can get a store credit for $15 but if it lowers their original purchase to below $50 it will de-activate their KC.
The only way that it won't affect it is by even exchanging it for any item with a $40 full price.

HTH
__________________

Last edited by chocovrdmicears; 09-21-2012 at 07:59 AM.
chocovrdmicears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:12 AM   #24
daughtersrus
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 5,796

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears View Post
I'm not sure what you mean? What is it that you are trying to do?
What I was thinking is that if you earned $50 in KC and then used that $50 of KC to buy a gift for someone. If that person returns the gift, Kohls will get the item back and the person returning the gift with get nothing in exchange.

I guess that the lesson will be to make sure that you know that the item purchased with KC will not need to be returned for any reason.
daughtersrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:42 PM   #25
MomToOne
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,326

Here's the problem I'm trying to deal with right now. I placed an order online, just over $50, so I got Kohls cash. Great. Order arrives, 2 items are damaged beyond use due to a really lousy packing job. I call Kohls CS about it, they suggest they just send out those items in a new order, and "it would be faster for me" if I take the broken ones to a local store and do a return of them there. Stupidly, I agreed. I didn't stop to think that once I return the broken items, my order will fall below $50 so they will void my Kohls cash. Even though I've paid for the same items AGAIN, because it's in a different order, it won't count. And because the items dropped in price yesterday (and promptly sold out so I'm OK with paying the higher price), I can't even do a receipt-less return for store credit to try and keep even.
MomToOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:52 PM   #26
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders
 
maxiesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The West side of the mitten
Posts: 21,108

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToOne View Post
Here's the problem I'm trying to deal with right now. I placed an order online, just over $50, so I got Kohls cash. Great. Order arrives, 2 items are damaged beyond use due to a really lousy packing job. I call Kohls CS about it, they suggest they just send out those items in a new order, and "it would be faster for me" if I take the broken ones to a local store and do a return of them there. Stupidly, I agreed. I didn't stop to think that once I return the broken items, my order will fall below $50 so they will void my Kohls cash. Even though I've paid for the same items AGAIN, because it's in a different order, it won't count. And because the items dropped in price yesterday (and promptly sold out so I'm OK with paying the higher price), I can't even do a receipt-less return for store credit to try and keep even.
I would explain what happened. Our kohls is really good about making exceptions for stuff like that. It is not your fault the items were damaged, I'm sure they won't penalize you for it.
__________________
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.