Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 12:05 PM   #1
CassieReynart
Mouseketeer

Just back 16-21 Sept - Highs and Lows!

Firstly, a VERY big thank you to everyone for your help with planning and information. This forum was invaluable and I got some really good info and tips. it's definately worth investing some time into researching!

Secondly I am sorry this is long but if you're planning RS transports doing your transfers I would totally recommend you read my LOWS and reconsider. For the 20 or so euros you save its really really not worth using them. ANYWAY onto the

HIGHS

So many! This was my first proper trip (I had a very short day trip in 1997 for the 5th anniversary) and my OH's first trip, although he is a veteran of the US Disney parks. He was very worried (secretly) that he would hate it but half way through the holiday he kept saying "next time we come" etc.

SEQUOIA LODGE wow, what a great hotel. Brilliant theming - I'm a big bambi fan and of the American National parks so it couldn't be better. The staff were amazing. We had a free upgrade when we got there to the main building (Definately worth sending a tentative email just saying how much you're looking forward to it!). Our safe broke on our third day and they moved us into a different room, and we had a lake view!! We could see the village and the castle. It was brilliant.

CHARACTERS - We found so many characters randomly in the parks, and the queues at the scheduled meets were short and relatively fast moving. Even as two "should be old enough to know better" adults (in our 20s) we still had some fantastic interaction.

RIDES - Short queues! We made a joke about not waiting for any ride over 10 minutes which was more or less true - The longest wait was Star Tours on Monday for half an hour, but we got on it other days in under 5. Lots of rides were walk ons later in the day, and space mountain never went over 10 mins (although I didn't go on it!)

CAST MEMBERS - After hearing "horror" stories from other people I was quite worried, me and my OH do not speak a word of french, although we took a phrase book. I needent have worried, nearly all the CMs understood us perfectly, and if they didn't, they tried their best to understand and got help. Couldn't ask for more, really. Got lots of "Hello Stitch, Hello Marie!" when walking around with our ears on, which was really funny

LOWS

CAFE MICKEY - I felt a bit like we were ignored as two adults. All the characters came around but literally just posed for photos and moved on, Except for Minnie. She stuck around for a couple of minutes but not a great deal of time. We didn't expect to have as much interaction as families with children, but also we didn't expect to get so little. The food was AWFUL and most of it was cremated AND cold, I had a mouldy strawberry on my dessert, sent it back and the same dessert came back with a frozen strawberry! Other people there at the same time were complaining about the food. The service was awful, our mains came out before our starter plates were removed, and the server was very grumpy and rude. The only CM that didn't give great service really.

MAJOR MAJOR LOW

RS TRANSPORTS - I've written a whole essay about our awful trip back to the airport but I think I'll save that for our trip report. In short - Trouble confirming with them the day before (their fault), we got the concierge to ring to confirm and all seemed ok. The driver turned up an hour and a half late to pick us up after the concierge rang 6 times, each time being told "15 more mins". No phone call to my mobile, and the driver drove us to the wrong airport! We made our flight literally with seconds to go, but we both honestly thought we were going to die with the way the driver was driving. TERRIFYING and I would STRONGLY advise anyone booking with them to cancel and pay the extra few euros for someone reliable. AWFUL AWFUL company. It ruined the end of our holiday and turned us into a bunch of nerves.

The good news is we are definately going back, we've already priced up going back to the Sequoia Lodge in February for my birthday and Valentines Day. Hopefully we will have the company of some of our relatives as well :
CassieReynart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:23 PM   #2
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

I'm so glad reading this that your OH is converted to DLP - and that you're planning return visits!

Some wonderful highs there.

Cafe Mickey and rstansports both get varying reviews - I have to say, I use rstransports shared shuttle almost every time we arrive at CDG and are heading to DLP nowadays, have never had a problem with them. But I know a few others have, and I did have a problem with thinking I was going to get our flight by the skin of our teeth using the VEA coach back to the airport in the past (the coaches were all arriving at the hotels already full of guests, and it took ages to get on we could squeeze on to). Its a scary situation to be in at the time .

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2012, 12:41 PM   #3
CassieReynart
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft View Post
Cafe Mickey and rstansports both get varying reviews - I have to say, I use rstransports shared shuttle almost every time we arrive at CDG and are heading to DLP nowadays, have never had a problem with them. But I know a few others have, and I did have a problem with thinking I was going to get our flight by the skin of our teeth using the VEA coach back to the airport in the past (the coaches were all arriving at the hotels already full of guests, and it took ages to get on we could squeeze on to). Its a scary situation to be in at the time .
Maybe we were just unlucky - but there were so many ways they failed us. To be fair on the way there the driver was early and we were on our own in a shared shuttle, it was much more relaxed and pleasant. I think it lulled us into a false sense of security. I am one of those people that prefers to be hours early! Haha

Future Trips - * Christmas 2014 * *Jan Sales 2015*
//Previous Trips// Hipark May 2014 * Santa Fe Jan-Feb 2014 * Dream Castle / Sequoia October 2013 * Cheyenne / Sequoia Feb 2013 * Sequoia Sept 2012 * June 1997
Old 09-22-2012, 12:46 PM   #4
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassieReynart View Post
Maybe we were just unlucky - but there were so many ways they failed us. To be fair on the way there the driver was early and we were on our own in a shared shuttle, it was much more relaxed and pleasant. I think it lulled us into a false sense of security. I am one of those people that prefers to be hours early! Haha
Oh I agree, the service you got on your return journey was appalling, its no wonder you wouldn't use them again nor recommend them!

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:06 PM   #5
daiseyirl
DIS Veteran

We use rs transport and they were always fine except in may they were an hour late picking us up the driver went to wrong terminal apparently... Then proseeded to drive like Michael schumacher all the way to dlp lol!! We got the tgv back and it was excellent , wouldnt travel any other way now.

I dont really rate cafe mickey but we always go as the character interaction is great and the girls luv it .

Agree with you regards seqouia lodge its a lovely hotel and every cm we met there was great. Def one of our highs from our last trip.

Glad you had a good trip despite your issues with rs + cafe mickey.
daiseyirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:00 AM   #6
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

Welcome back!

Sounds like you had a great trip & I love that you're planning another already!! I think they have extra characters out at Valentines!!!

Sorry to hear about your Cafe Mickey & RS lows though
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:24 AM   #7
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Welcome back, glad to hear you had a great time in spite of Cafe Mickey and the shuttle service. We've always had a good meal there but many haven't and you're not the first 'adults only' that have felt ignored by the characters.

Looking forward to the trip report.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #8
vas
Earning My Ears

Such a shame about cafe Micky we went to the inventions buffet (3 adults) and had great character interaction
vas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:59 PM   #9
CassieReynart
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vas View Post
Such a shame about cafe Micky we went to the inventions buffet (3 adults) and had great character interaction
We had inventions booked for Thursday, in the end we didn't go and went to the rainforest cafe as we saw so many characters in the park and hotels and our stomachs were feeling a bit sensitive and we didn't think we'd get the proper value. We wish we'd gone to inventions first instead of Cafe Mickey. But nevermind, we are going on our next trip for my birthday

Future Trips - * Christmas 2014 * *Jan Sales 2015*
//Previous Trips// Hipark May 2014 * Santa Fe Jan-Feb 2014 * Dream Castle / Sequoia October 2013 * Cheyenne / Sequoia Feb 2013 * Sequoia Sept 2012 * June 1997

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: