Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2012, 05:42 AM   #1
Fantasmiss
DIS Veteran

What to pack for 7 month old?

I don't want to forget anything, so is there anything particular (apart from the obvious stuff like clothes, diapers, food, pram, Baby Bjorn, a few toys etc) I should pack for a 7 month old baby boy's first trip to WDW?

We're staying for 3 weeks in November. There'll obviously be a lot of exposure to germs there, much more than he's used to, so to try and limit it we will be bringing antibacterial surface cleaner and gel for our (not his) hands. We'll bring our own travel cot too, so he can get used to it before we leave and hopefully sleep better in it, as it'll be familiar to him.

I've not been to WDW with a baby before, so can you think of anything I might need (but may not realise until I'm there) that I should pack?

Thanks!
May 2008 - WDW - All Star Sports - 2 weeks
Jan 2009 - WDW - All Star Music + All Star Movies - 2 weeks - birthday trip
Feb/Mar 2010 - DLP - Santa Fe - 6 days
Jan 2011 - WDW - All Star Movies & Pop Century - 17 days - birthday trip
May 2011 - WDW - All Star Sports - 17 days - anniversary trip
Nov 2011 - DLP - Hotel Cheyenne - 6 days
Oct/Nov 2012 - WDW - All Star Sports+Art of Animation - 3 weeks - 10th Disney Trip
Oct/Nov 2013 - WDW - All Star Sports - 25 days - birthday trip
MAR 2014 - DLP - Hotel Cheyenne - 5 days- birthday trip

MAY 2014 - WDW - ALL STAR SPORTS - 17 DAYS - ANNIVERSARY TRIP!

Fantasmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #2
pikaboo27
I knew I could count on you!

Be sure you bring teething tablets/gel and baby tylenol. They can be hard to find at the resort. You might also want to consider a stroller fan to keep baby cool in the stroller.

Personally, we are big fans of the floppy seat http://www.amazon.com/Floppy-Seat/dp/B000JOT4DG. It's a plush highchair cover that's great for covering the high chairs at restaurants.

Hope this helps and have a great trip!

pikaboo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2012, 02:05 PM   #3
2binak
DVC Owner

We used disposable changing pads & disposable table covers while at WDW when DD was an infant.

If your little guy is starting to eat regular foods, pack something small for him to snack on from time to time (Cheerios, Gerber puffs, etc).

I would also suggest a Rayshade for your stroller. It helps keep the sun off the baby & helps give some privacy and blocks some noise during naps.

A wetbag or large Ziploc bag is great for keeping dirty clothes separate from the clean ones while you're in the parks.

11/90 Offsite, 11/97 PO, 5/99 DL, 1/00 CS, 1/04 PC, 12/05 SSR, 5/07 AKL, 10/08 SSR, 5/09 POFQ, 11/09 AKV Kidani, 11/10 AKV Kidani, 10/11 BWV, 10/12 BWV, 11/13 AKV Kidani, 5/14 BLT, 11/14 BWV
2binak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:09 PM   #4
jillianjigs7
DVC Member

Wow. Disney for 3 weeks? I'm jealous!

Things that worked best for us are disposable bibs, disposable placemats (although not sure if 7 month old would need that), disposable silverware, familiar toys - comfy stroller. Always had a TON of disinfectant wipes...tylonol...oh I could go on. LOL.

Also - make good use of the Baby Care Centers in each of the parks. Great place to change diapers, feed - get away from the hustle and bustle for a little bit while in the park. Our DD is 2.5 and we still use them.

jillianjigs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:45 PM   #5
Fantasmiss
DIS Veteran

Hehe, yeah I'm almost jealous of myself!

Some very useful tips there to add to the list, which keeps getting longer
May 2008 - WDW - All Star Sports - 2 weeks
Jan 2009 - WDW - All Star Music + All Star Movies - 2 weeks - birthday trip
Feb/Mar 2010 - DLP - Santa Fe - 6 days
Jan 2011 - WDW - All Star Movies & Pop Century - 17 days - birthday trip
May 2011 - WDW - All Star Sports - 17 days - anniversary trip
Nov 2011 - DLP - Hotel Cheyenne - 6 days
Oct/Nov 2012 - WDW - All Star Sports+Art of Animation - 3 weeks - 10th Disney Trip
Oct/Nov 2013 - WDW - All Star Sports - 25 days - birthday trip
MAR 2014 - DLP - Hotel Cheyenne - 5 days- birthday trip

MAY 2014 - WDW - ALL STAR SPORTS - 17 DAYS - ANNIVERSARY TRIP!

Fantasmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:41 PM   #6
hfuellgraf
DisneyMOM

Baby Sunscreen; hat; light blanket as a sun shield for the stroller; plenty of snacks; juice/water; agree with the disosable table covers. Toys for dining or airplane...Enjoy!
00-All star Movies Buzz; 03-All Star Movies Woody; 04-All star Movies Dalmations; 05 All Star Movies Buzz; 06-All star Sports; 07-CBR; 08-All star Movies- Fantasia;12-All star Movies-Dalmations Planning March-13-All star Movies OR AoA Cars Suite
hfuellgraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:32 PM   #7
Lilliputian
DIS Veteran

We're going for 4-5 weeks in late October through November, and we're taking a 5 month old (and a 2 year old, and a 5 year old, and an 8 year old, and a 9 year old).

We've done long trips before, and I'd say to be careful not to over-pack. On a trip that long, you'll be making trips to Target, so don't go crazy with packing.

Make sure you have some fun toys for when you're not at the parks. Take some old favorites and some new stuff. Keep a piece of paper handy one day and take note of all the things you use that the baby really likes. You can always buy diapers, wipes, and other disposable stuff when you get there, so concentrate on other things. Since the weather could be cool, leg warmers are good for keeping legs covered when he's in the carrier and his pant legs come up.

If you're nursing, you can easily wait to introduce solids until you get home, and then your packing becomes much easier. Especially since it sounds like you're in the UK and won't have access to the same foods. Take a nursing cover if you're more comfortable nursing that way.
Lilliputian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:27 AM   #8
merina888
Mouseketeer

My suggestion would be that unless you're going to have a car and/or know that you have access to same brands you would at home, consider shipping some to the resort. We went for a week in late August with my 13 month old who still didn't eat all adult foods. We shipped a lot of stuff directly to Disney. Then things like diapers and wipes didn't take up room in our suitcases. We shipped what was left, plus souvenirs home from our resort (they were very helpful). If you do that, I suggest giving yourself at least 2 weeks prior to your arrival because it costs more to ship the closer you get to your trip. You may need more time if you ship international. I would also suggest that you save the box. We had a hard time finding a box that would fit all our stuff on site.
merina888 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: