Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #16
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Hi there! Thanks for the invite!

First of all...

Some ADRs now require a credit card (cc) to hold it. Not all of them, but I agree with D, it might get a little tricky if you book all the ADRs and then they decide not to come and you are stuck with all the deposits on your cc.

So, as you know, I loved the Poly too and I would go back in a heartbeat if I could afford it. But just know that they are talking about a total renovation there in the next year or so. Check out Tikiman Pages.com for more info on that. Might just be room refurb, but might be a total overhaul and I would not want to stay there during that. But you can always book it there and just wait and see what happens. Might be that they will be all done with whatever they are doing by then. In which case, you would have the Poly and a brand new resort!

On the food issue....may I suggest both Boma and Via Napoli.....yum!

Happy to be here and will stick with you and help as much as I can. I too am planning a 2013 trip.....November for me. Just got the okay from hubby. He doesn't want to go, but is fine with me and DS going.
YAY your here!!! im so happy...
ahhh CC= Credit card.. i swear i will get this lingo down one day...
Oh my man Tikiman! love his site i go there often just to hear the music!
On that note: thanks for more anxiety!!!
They wouldn't book me if if the refurbs were going to be outlandish right?!?!? RIGHT??
Via Napoli???? where is that? I am so up for something new. and YUMMY
November is an awesome time to go.. We went the week before thanksgiving it was THE BEST! castle in LIGHTS!!! nothing beats the osbourn lights too... sigh... DO.... THE.... PARTY!!!!
Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:04 PM   #17
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
I think that would be amazing! I'd love to see the Sally image! You guys will look fantastic!
I am in the midst of planning a Nightmare Before Christmas/Haunted Mansion Halloween party. I have a lot of cute ideas and I'm trying to get everything ready now-ish in case Robert comes early.
PLEASE post all pictures!!! My newest tattoo is:

yeah i did it...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2012, 05:09 PM   #18
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Update:

So DH Tom has signed on to the DIS!!!! YAY!
he used his full name... yep he did tom bonadurer! welcome to the BOARDS!!! more in a bit time for football/cheerleading Taxi mom on the way! plan on researching the refurbs on the poly... maybe just maybe they will upgrade me to Hawaii???? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh one can dream...
Old 09-18-2012, 06:54 PM   #19
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
They wouldn't book me if if the refurbs were going to be outlandish right?!?!? RIGHT??
I don't know if they know the exact times yet. They might book people then move them if they don't get the renovations done in time. But look at the Grand Floridian right now....tons and tons of construction and refurbs and closures and people are still staying there. I would be pissed if I paid the money for the GF and half the restaurants were closed and they were putting a DVC up right next door! But rest assured, they will have a plan for moving people if it comes to that. It is Disney after all

Quote:
Via Napoli???? where is that? I am so up for something new. and YUMMY
In Italy at Epcot. Very yummy. It was in my TR....the place with the pizzas and risotto balls. It will be a must do for us from now on.

Quote:
November is an awesome time to go.. We went the week before thanksgiving it was THE BEST! castle in LIGHTS!!! nothing beats the osbourn lights too... sigh...
Yay! So excited for that!

Quote:
DO.... THE.... PARTY!!!!
Really? I wasn't too sure about that. I have heard that they sell too many tickets and you can't even move. But we will be going early in Nov, so I wouldn't think it would be too crowded. We'll see.

That is so awesome that Tom joined the DIS.....WELCOME TOM! I would love it if my hubby was as into Disney as that!

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
solana131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:41 AM   #20
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
What is a DISgamer?!?! your meet and greet sounds like a blast!!!
The Games section of the Dis is located within the Community Board section. There are regulars that hang out there too.

I'm hoping that the DisMeet will be fun (PTR link is in my siggie below ).

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:41 AM   #21
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
he used his full name... yep he did tom bonadurer! welcome to the BOARDS!!! more in a bit time for football/cheerleading Taxi mom on the way! plan on researching the refurbs on the poly... maybe just maybe they will upgrade me to Hawaii???? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh one can dream...
OMG! That would almost be grounds for divorce in my house! The Dis is like my man-cave!

But....welcome to your DH!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:06 AM   #22
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
PLEASE post all pictures!!! My newest tattoo is:

yeah i did it...
Awesome! I am too chicken to get a tatoo... but if I ever did - it would forsurely be Donald... I knew you'd never guess that, so I thought I would mention it.

Quote:
Welcome to your DH... I could only dream of a Disney lovin' DH... but it will probably never happen. Sigh. I am just happy that he's letting me book another trip - and letting me "look into" DVC, but I don't think anything will ever come of that.

Quote:
I don't know if they know the exact times yet. They might book people then move them if they don't get the renovations done in time. But look at the Grand Floridian right now....tons and tons of construction and refurbs and closures and people are still staying there. I would be pissed if I paid the money for the GF and half the restaurants were closed and they were putting a DVC up right next door! But rest assured, they will have a plan for moving people if it comes to that. It is Disney after all

In Italy at Epcot. Very yummy. It was in my TR....the place with the pizzas and risotto balls. It will be a must do for us from now on.

Yay! So excited for that!

Really? I wasn't too sure about that. I have heard that they sell too many tickets and you can't even move. But we will be going early in Nov, so I wouldn't think it would be too crowded. We'll see.

That is so awesome that Tom joined the DIS.....WELCOME TOM! I would love it if my hubby was as into Disney as that!
I am anxiously awaiting the Poly DVC... It might be my only chance to ever stay at the POly. And, does that mean you have another trip in the works? You better finish that TR of yours so you can get started on the PTR.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:48 AM   #23
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I agree... They are making DVC for the poly too. i believe it would be to the left of the resort which makes me happy as i would still be able to see the castle! and play on the beach...

Quote:
Of course i read it! just needed to remind me... remember me SCATTERBRAINED Will def put it on the table!

Quote:
GO... do not hesitate. Get your free cookies and hot chocolate. GO see the characters!!! the parades the dance parties! not enough time to do it all. i thought it was well worth it and i was sick during it!!!

Quote:
yup... stalker...

I did it!!! thanks!!!
Old 09-19-2012, 08:49 AM   #24
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
The Games section of the Dis is located within the Community Board section. There are regulars that hang out there too.

I'm hoping that the DisMeet will be fun (PTR link is in my siggie below ).
going to check it out! sounds like fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
OMG! That would almost be grounds for divorce in my house! The Dis is like my man-cave!

But....welcome to your DH!
stalker...
Old 09-19-2012, 08:56 AM   #25
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Awesome! I am too chicken to get a tatoo... but if I ever did - it would forsurely be Donald... I knew you'd never guess that, so I thought I would mention it.
Noooooooooo Way! Donald?!?!
First tattoo was when i was 21... 5 tattoo's later i still want more... I think it is going to look fantastic when i'm 80.

Quote:
Welcome to your DH... I could only dream of a Disney lovin' DH... but it will probably never happen. Sigh. I am just happy that he's letting me book another trip - and letting me "look into" DVC, but I don't think anything will ever come of that.
I am SO confused when it comes to the whole DVC thing... Yeah i know, shocking, me confused... I have more on this in a second..

Quote:
I am anxiously awaiting the Poly DVC... It might be my only chance to ever stay at the POly. And, does that mean you have another trip in the works? You better finish that TR of yours so you can get started on the PTR.
D~
I agree!!!
Old 09-19-2012, 11:21 AM   #26
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Update: Still nothing concrete!!!

Here we go.....
RESORT:
Kids practice yesterday I sit with about 5 people, we have become very close friends through the years. (Funny how that happens!) I have NO idea how the topic came up, but Disney did!!! One of my friends ask "SO WHEN IS YOUR NEXT TRIP" You know me and my big mouth had to tell them!!! Yes. I really don't know how I am going to make a full year without the kids finding out.
Now that we are all talking Disney, one friend is a Disney Nut like the rest of us.. Telling her about the two peeps who might be tagging along, the confusion going on in my noggin, how frustrating it is to even try to plan this trip.. Mary who has a few DVC places in Disney... 1 of them being a couple of bedrooms in Bay Lake Tower...
Well now didn't that just throw another wrench in my plans?!?!?

I have NO idea in how DVC works. Do you get the dining plan? Thought i was confused before... Look at me now!
Would this be cheaper?!?!

FOOD:
I am looking for all of YOUR TOP dining experiences!
Out of each park:
What is your favorite Character Meal?
Other sit down meal?
Quick Service meal?
what Food experience is your favorite?
After reading Solana131 review of Deserts party this is high up there.

PICTURES:
I am a huge Photopass person.. LOVE them! Last year i was on the hunt for as many "Magic Shots" as we could get. Did not disappoint! We did get ton several! There is another thread on the boards which is TON if fun!!! wanted to share: Creative Poses MUST go and check out! Will definitely be bringing an apple for snow white, Fork for Ariel!!! FUN!!! At least i am getting somewhere with this trip!

PARKS:
Have you seen the Fantasyland Expansion? So exciting!!!

I love how smiley icons help emphasize what your trying to convey.. Make
me all fuzzy inside! I really should be working... :sigh:

Last edited by Chicago Mo; 09-19-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #27
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Of course i read it! just needed to remind me... remember me SCATTERBRAINED Will def put it on the table!
Ok, who's the scatterbrain?? Umm...remember this little one:
Mo: Looking for ideas for a fun birthday thingy.
Me: Hey, I've seen some lady on here that was pixie dusted at the Barber Shop.
Mo: Yeah, that was me.
Me: Oh...yeah...
Don't worry, you are not alone

Quote:
GO... do not hesitate. Get your free cookies and hot chocolate. GO see the characters!!! the parades the dance parties! not enough time to do it all. i thought it was well worth it and i was sick during it!!!
Ok, I will factor it in then. I think the beginning of Nov will be a great time. We should be able to do the Lights, and F&W all at the same time!

Quote:
I did it!!! thanks!!!
You sure did And how long did it take you?? Looks good!

Quote:
Mary who has a few DVC places in Disney... 1 of them being a couple of bedrooms in Bay Lake Tower...
Well now didn't that just throw another wrench in my plans?!?!?
Oooh BLT would be awesome! I have no interest in the Contemporary, but I would love to stay at BLT someday.

Quote:
I have NO idea in how DVC works. Do you get the dining plan?
Anyone more knowledgeable can correct me if I am wrong....but I believe the rule is, if you book through Disney like a normal resort you can get the dining plan. But if you rent points, you do not get it. Not 100% sure, but I thought that is what I read last year when we were considering one of the villas for Feb.

Quote:
FOOD:
After reading Solana131 review of Deserts party this is high up there.
Oh yes yes yes! It was so worth it. But that isn't really "FOOD". You still can have an ADR that night too. But definitely try for the Dessert Party

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
solana131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #28
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok, who's the scatterbrain?? Umm...remember this little one:
Mo: Looking for ideas for a fun birthday thingy.
Me: Hey, I've seen some lady on here that was pixie dusted at the Barber Shop.
Mo: Yeah, that was me.
Me: Oh...yeah...
Don't worry, you are not alone
that was funny... you mean this:

I'm still pulling pixi dust out... anything for a good time!

Quote:
Ok, I will factor it in then. I think the beginning of Nov will be a great time. We should be able to do the Lights, and F&W all at the same time!
Must!

They come down and dance with the kids too... i loved it!! To see the toy soldiers alone is worth it.

Quote:
Oooh BLT would be awesome! I have no interest in the Contemporary, but I would love to stay at BLT someday.
I agree! my first trip was 1978 and we stayed at the Contemporary. But BLT? anything that has the same initials as Bacon Lettuce Tomato.. BACON! being THAT close to the castle has my blood pumping more!
She hasn't messaged me back yet. Practice is everyday so i will see her again tonight.

Quote:
Anyone more knowledgeable can correct me if I am wrong....but I believe the rule is, if you book through Disney like a normal resort you can get the dining plan. But if you rent points, you do not get it. Not 100% sure, but I thought that is what I read last year when we were considering one of the villas for Feb.
this might be the deal breaker. sounds as if it would be more expensive??

Quote:
Oh yes yes yes! It was so worth it. But that isn't really "FOOD". You still can have an ADR that night too. But definitely try for the Dessert Party
then you can count something FINALLY in concrete... imagine the pictures i will have!!!!!!!!
Old 09-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #29
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Old 09-19-2012, 01:35 PM   #30
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Triplet conversation:

Yesterday on our way home from practice we were talking about Meg and how short she is. (8 years old and 45 inches?)
Side note: I have the worst triplets EVER. they don't look alike and none of them are the same size.. people think the boys could be twins and Meg is their little sister.
When Meg was younger (3ish?) she would cry how she doesn't want to grow up.. we were teasing her about how her wish is coming true!
Matthew: Meg you better start wishing you get bigger so you can get on all the rides at Disney.
My eyes pop.
Zack: Yeah Meg your going to stay little forever how are you going to get on Rockin Roller Coaster.
Meg Chanting: i want to get bigger i want to get bigger i want to get bigger.
after laughing..
Me: Umm When are you guys going to Disney?
Matt: I don't know but when we do Meg can't go on.
Zack: Next year? Please????
Me: Where is the money coming from? Dad just had to buy a new car Christmas is here and your having your Communion Next year.
Tom: Quiet as a church mouse.
Zack: Mom I have a lot of money you can have it so we can go
Matt-Meg- ME TOO..
Zack is seriously the sweetest thing on two legs... I just love this kid!!

do you have any idea how hard that was to just tell them It's OK WE ARE BOOKED... I didn't. i think i am stronger then i give myself credit for.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: