DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 04:42 PM   #1
photobob
DIS Veteran

Former DVC saying Hey!

Just thought I'd pop in and say "Hey" to everybody! This is the first time I have been on the boards in months. (For those of you who don't know me I am Bob and sold my beloved DVC contract a few months back due to my DW's illness.)

My MIL has a boatload of Wyndham points and DW and I have taken a couple of trips with those, once to Panama City, Fl. and once to Sevierville, Tn and we have a trip planned for November to Myrtle Beach. I have to say the two stays so far have been very nice with very spacious rooms. We got a 2 bdr penthouse suite in Panama City which was absolutely huge and since the booking was short notice we got it for 1/2 the regular points. We were also quite impressed with the room in Sevierville, also a 2 bdr, very large and almost brand new.

The stay in Tennessee was on the back end of a four day trip to stay with my SIL in Kentucky and the first lengthy trip since DW was diagnosed with MS. The trip was very good for us both. She gained confidence by handling a trip and we are thinking about more trips in the future.

It has been a little over a year since the diagnosis and while it has been a tough stretch we are doing much better. DW is learning to live within the parameters set by the disease and we've grown even closer together through reliance on one another. Hope everyone is doing well, I miss the DisBoards and WDW!

God Bless,

Bob
*1997 CBR* *1999 ASMovies* *2001 ASMusic* *2003 Yacht Club* *2004 Yacht Club* *2005 Yacht Club* *2006 CSR* *2007 BWV* *2007 Vero Beach* *2008 VWL* *2008 DCL* *2008 BWV* *2009 Vero Beach* *2010 SSR* *2011 Beach Club!!**2013 AKV*
photobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:52 PM   #2
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by photobob View Post
Just thought I'd pop in and say "Hey" to everybody! This is the first time I have been on the boards in months. (For those of you who don't know me I am Bob and sold my beloved DVC contract a few months back due to my DW's illness.)

My MIL has a boatload of Wyndham points and DW and I have taken a couple of trips with those, once to Panama City, Fl. and once to Sevierville, Tn and we have a trip planned for November to Myrtle Beach. I have to say the two stays so far have been very nice with very spacious rooms. We got a 2 bdr penthouse suite in Panama City which was absolutely huge and since the booking was short notice we got it for 1/2 the regular points. We were also quite impressed with the room in Sevierville, also a 2 bdr, very large and almost brand new.

The stay in Tennessee was on the back end of a four day trip to stay with my SIL in Kentucky and the first lengthy trip since DW was diagnosed with MS. The trip was very good for us both. She gained confidence by handling a trip and we are thinking about more trips in the future.

It has been a little over a year since the diagnosis and while it has been a tough stretch we are doing much better. DW is learning to live within the parameters set by the disease and we've grown even closer together through reliance on one another. Hope everyone is doing well, I miss the DisBoards and WDW!

God Bless,

Bob
Thanks for the update, Bob. It is good to hear that your DW is figuring out her new lifestyle. Now that she has successfully tried travel, I hope that you will be posting about al trip to WDW, maybe renting points for now!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2012, 05:04 PM   #3
VrBchJ
DIS Veteran

I miss your pictures. I'm happy things are going well for you and your family.
VrBchJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #4
bwvBound
DVC SSR & other timeshare

Good to hear from you! May God bless you both!
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:09 PM   #5
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Nice to read your updates, so glad you took the time.

No reason to stay away from the Disboards just because you sold your DVC. Looks like you have lots of friends here.
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:15 PM   #6
daisyduck123
I just love those parmesan mashed potatoes at Chef Mickey's!
I don't know how to cut & paste
Disney has made my family & I "park snobs"

Hi Bob!

Glad to hear that you & DW have been able to enjoy some time away. We do miss you & your beautiful pictures. I thought about your pics while I was staying at BCV this past July.

I will continue to keep you & DW in my prayers.
Jan 2006 Pop CenturyMay 2005 Pop Century May 2004 Pop Century Dec 1976 Off Site
daisyduck123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:29 PM   #7
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

Glad to hear from you, Bob. We have also missed your amazing trip reports!

When you get ready to return to WDW, Wyndham Bonnet Creek is a beautiful resort and it's very conveniently located, with regular free shuttle service to all of the theme parks and DTD. It doesn't have the theming of a DVC resort, but it is a great place to stay...especially if you get a 2BR or larger.

Keep us posted and know that you and your family are in everyone's thoughts and prayers.
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #8
Splashboat
Always looking for cheap airfare

You don't know me but I did follow your reports - loved the pictures. Very nice to hear good news. Best wishes!
Splashboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:55 PM   #9
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

I miss all your photos! Very glad to hear you are still able to get away, and are figuring it all out- Best of health to both of you!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:59 PM   #10
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

I'm so happy you checked in Bob! I was actually thinking about your beautiful photos today!!! I was looking at DSLR cameras for sale and thought of you!!

I'd love to see photos of the other trips you've taken!
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

supersuperwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #11
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Thank you for checking in. I'm glad you & your DW have been able to travel. I remember your beautiful photos!

Best wishes.
Bobbi
Old 09-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #12
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

Bob it's so great to hear from you again Glad to hear you're both adjusting to the new lifestyle. Best of luck with everything, and don't make yourself a stranger
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:42 PM   #13
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Good to hear from you Bob. I also enjoyed your reports. Have fun in life and please visit often.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Muushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:52 PM   #14
Cyndibear
I love my DVC's!!!!

Nice to hear from you Bob! So happy to hear you are enjoying your new types of travels. I too miss your photo's and reports but it good to hear you are enjoying your time together with your wife. Take care, and don't be such a stranger to the boards!

Cyndi
Old 09-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #15
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Nice to heard from you again. you were definitely missed.

hope your DW continues to improve - will second Wyndham bonnet creek - it is not DVC - but it is really close - it is next door to the CBR and Pop

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: