Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 08:48 AM   #31
Lemurone
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by annhjk View Post
Not how it was intended. I'm talking about the small percentage that go for shock value that isn't family friends. HEre's a link to the kinds of things I'm referring to.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-gay-days.htm
Wow. Thanks for sharing. That article alone, even if it was written by a gay man, is pretty much enough of a reason for me to not support this site any longer. Gay people love to "shove" their lifestyle down your throat and don't forget about all the drugs! I've been to several "gay" events and let me tell you--they are so much more fun than most other events because there's a certain thing lacking--JUDGMENT.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #32
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurone View Post
Wow. Thanks for sharing. That article alone, even if it was written by a gay man, is pretty much enough of a reason for me to not support this site any longer. Gay people love to "shove" their lifestyle down your throat and don't forget about all the drugs! I've been to several "gay" events and let me tell you--they are so much more fun than most other events because there's a certain thing lacking--JUDGMENT.
I really wish that article wouldn't be dragged back up every year and someone who has been to recent Gay Days events would write a current review and get that plastered all over the internet.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2012, 09:38 AM   #33
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
I really wish that article wouldn't be dragged back up every year and someone who has been to recent Gay Days events would write a current review and get that plastered all over the internet.
Pete should write a new one.

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR
Old 09-18-2012, 09:48 AM   #34
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurone

Wow that is a lot of generalizations there. Anyone can lack judgement, you know.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
Old 09-18-2012, 11:17 AM   #35
ghtx
"In this times that all strategies seem to be death and you pay to eat fart and make a line in the parks of DW and just a few rides..."

Quote:
FYI I reported this post. It should be removed soon.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:47 AM   #36
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtx

FYI I reported this post. It should be removed soon.
Good That post is absolutely disgusting! The poster should be so ashamed of themselves!!

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Old 09-18-2012, 02:03 PM   #37
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

I'm failing to see why this would be a concern on any level. The parks are great with all kinds of ppl and events. Have a great trip and don't worry.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Old 09-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #38
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda

Quote:
If you are a member of some community, and a portion of that community is acting in a way that you believe reflects poorly on your entire community, isn't it your duty as a member of that community to call those people out? How is asking for decorum and dignity a bad thing?

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR
Old 09-18-2012, 02:59 PM   #39
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills Mom View Post
Good That post is absolutely disgusting! The poster should be so ashamed of themselves!!
I agree. I've been fighting myself to keep from responding to that ignorant disgusting trash. I would have nothing nice to say. At. All.

Old 09-18-2012, 04:02 PM   #40
Happiest mommy
DIS Veteran

seriously just go and have fun don't worry about what other families are doing.....

Cookie (RIP 5/10/10) you gave us 15 years of pure Love and Loyalty we miss you so...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Visits: 2007, 2008, 2010 and planning 2014
Old 09-18-2012, 04:42 PM   #41
RobynPrincess
Looking around

We've been during gay week before and other than it being a bit busier than normal, didn't notice! Not that it would have bothered me anyway
Old 09-18-2012, 06:21 PM   #42
RedStars
Mouseketeer

How many more boards are you going to post this?? You're obviously looking for people to be all, " oh yeah totally agree!" but you're not getting it. Probably because they don't want to get involved in what is obviously a thinly-veiled attempt at bigotry.

I don't see why this is even an issue.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:47 PM   #43
Pollyanna Poppins
DIS Veteran

I don't think questioning the behavior of certain groups who've been known to act in distasteful ways is bigotry. If they had black panther day at Disney I wouldn't go near during that week. This doesn't make me racist because I find this particular groups actions sickening. Same with Gay Days. The ones who attend do not represent all gays. You wouldn't catch me dead at a gay pride parade nor would you find me at a Chippendale show with or without my children. One of our favorite places to eat right outside the Disney gates will no longer be on our list of must do's. Our waitress who we thought was female until he asked for our order in a skirt gave my children quite a shock. He wouldn't even look us in the eye and the whole experience was very disturbing. This is not family friendly to us as these are discussions that should not be forced upon 5 year olds. The only encounter I've had with this group was in the 90's and I did see things that bothered me. I only witnessed this outside the gates but still every family should be able to make their own judgements and not be called bigots.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:37 AM   #44
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyanna Poppins View Post
I don't think questioning the behavior of certain groups who've been known to act in distasteful ways is bigotry. If they had black panther day at Disney I wouldn't go near during that week. This doesn't make me racist because I find this particular groups actions sickening. Same with Gay Days. The ones who attend do not represent all gays. You wouldn't catch me dead at a gay pride parade nor would you find me at a Chippendale show with or without my children. One of our favorite places to eat right outside the Disney gates will no longer be on our list of must do's. Our waitress who we thought was female until he asked for our order in a skirt gave my children quite a shock. He wouldn't even look us in the eye and the whole experience was very disturbing. This is not family friendly to us as these are discussions that should not be forced upon 5 year olds. The only encounter I've had with this group was in the 90's and I did see things that bothered me. I only witnessed this outside the gates but still every family should be able to make their own judgements and not be called bigots.
That's absolutely right. This is America, everyone should be able to be left to have their beliefs without persecution and harsh judgment. Just the same as all people should be able to express themselves and live their lives as who they are without being persecuted and judged. It would be a wonderful and perfect world if we were all tolerant, and treated everyone with common human decency and respect and taught our children to do the same. Gay Days shouldn't need to exist, but unfortunately it does because not everyone has the same beliefs I do. A transgendered waitress shouldn't be made to feel so uncomfortable by the reactions of guests that she can't make eye contact with them. It's really too bad that there are some people who don't think that all people are equal.

Old 09-19-2012, 05:16 AM   #45
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Seriously. A 5 year old, if they even noticed ON THEIR OWN would just accept the answer, "he must like to dress up" and would move on.

Btw, the definition of bigotry is "intolerance towards those who hold different opinions from oneself." so yeah, a bigot is a bigot.

Funny to have a Pollyanna name and be so negative about people. To compare the lgbt population with a group known for violence is pretty showing.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: